Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 975246 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #11010 on: November 25, 2020, 07:09:09 pm »

The hypocricy is staggering. Party member Annabel Nanninga judged Baudet for anti-semitism and racism.  The same Annabel Nanninga that called refugees from Africa that cross the Mediterranean 'bobber niggers' not too long ago.

But yeah, hopeful developments there. Let's hope the party self destructs indeed.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11011 on: November 26, 2020, 03:05:05 am »

Yeah, the hypocrisy is strong in this one. I have the impression they have not dropped Thierry for his views, but only because he seems so unhinged lately that it might cost them the upcoming election. On top of that all of the vultures are hoping to succeed him in ruling the party.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 03:27:56 am by Bralbaard »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11013 on: November 29, 2020, 07:56:25 am »

...He's suing them for letting him back into Labour?
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11014 on: November 30, 2020, 06:59:26 pm »

...He's suing them for letting him back into Labour?
He got let back in then kicked back out. He's suing them to reverse the second Corbrexining

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11015 on: November 30, 2020, 07:10:31 pm »

I'm getting the impression from the article that he's accusing the whole thing of being influenced/orchestrated by some sort of backroom stuff rather than being done properly?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11016 on: November 30, 2020, 07:15:44 pm »

That was what I got, too.

To be fair to him he’s probably right that the whole antisemitism thing has been blown out of proportion, but to be fair to the party, he has been really, really awful at dealing with it since the start.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11017 on: November 30, 2020, 07:31:37 pm »

I've honestly been so zoned out of the whole mess down in England that I don't even know what he's in trouble for saying.

Was it anti-israel stuff or actual anti-semitic stuff?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11018 on: November 30, 2020, 08:29:16 pm »

It's literally nothing. When they're trying to seem reasonable they say that he just let other, unspecified people be anti-semetic. When they're in tabloid mode, they say Corbyn wants to personally kill every Jew in the world by not committing to a nuclear first strike in the event Israel is attacked.

There's nothing to engage with that isn't fevered Tory propaganda - it is best ignored, as Corbyn should have ignored it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11019 on: December 01, 2020, 11:27:26 am »

I've honestly been so zoned out of the whole mess down in England that I don't even know what he's in trouble for saying.

Was it anti-israel stuff or actual anti-semitic stuff?
He never said anything dodgy, nor was he even suspended for how he handled the antisemitism inquiries or antisemite cases within the party - rather, he was suspended for saying the allegations were blown out of proportion for political effect by his opponents inside and outside of the party. The guy who gutted Corbyn from the labour party was this lad:

New General Secretary David Evans starts his later this month. Sources close to Mr Evans have told the JC that he is determined to act more efficiently that his predecessor over the stain of antisemitism in the party. As assistant general secretary of the party between 1999 and 2001 under Tony Blair, he played a leading role in Labour's victory in the 2001 election.
A staunch opponent of hard-left politics, Mr Evans is also said to share Sir Keir’s belief that antisemitism must be stamped out of the party as quickly as possible if Labour is to be in a position to win the next election.
Mr Evans is also known to be a fierce critic of anti-Zionism, stretching back to his early days in politics at York University.
Who is the political polar opposite of Corbyn in just about every way, so you can see why Jezza thinks he got shafted via political intervention

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11020 on: December 03, 2020, 09:07:35 pm »

And, in continuing efforts to battle anti-semitisim, Labor kicked out Naomi Wimborne-Idrissi, from Jewish Voice for Labor (and a member of Labor) as well.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11021 on: December 06, 2020, 03:23:04 pm »

And, in continuing efforts to battle anti-semitisim, Labor kicked out Naomi Wimborne-Idrissi, from Jewish Voice for Labor (and a member of Labor) as well.
It is a very 2020 mood for a panel of gentiles to judge whether a jewish woman is antisemitic or not

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11022 on: December 06, 2020, 07:13:46 pm »

I wonder what the EU's parting words will be when the Brexit happens...
'So long, and thanks for all the fish'
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11023 on: December 06, 2020, 07:34:20 pm »

I wonder what the EU's parting words will be when the Brexit happens...
'So long, and thanks for all the fish'
"See you tomorrow..."
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11024 on: December 06, 2020, 09:10:35 pm »

It is a very 2020 mood for a panel of gentiles to judge whether a jewish woman is antisemitic or not

Yeah, but those were all jewish people who didn't want to kill off poor people.
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 793