Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 990736 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #11625 on: July 07, 2022, 07:48:15 am »

Everyone in my workplace started cheering and threatening to pop champagne - all except for one doctor. He said he wouldn't cheer until he had actually resigned, as he believed Boris was pulling yet another ruse to try and cling to power

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11626 on: July 07, 2022, 08:24:46 am »

Just back from taking my gran to an audiology appointment (we're testing negative for COVID now) and the nurses and doctors in the audiology department had the news on in a side room (presumably a break room,) heard them making more than a few comments at the expense of BoJo and the Tories in general.

'Nothing better than a Tory power struggle,' is the only one that I caught clearly.

I have noticed Johnson is trying to avoid accepting any responsibility for getting ousted, instead blaming it on the rest of the party.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11627 on: July 07, 2022, 08:26:16 am »

'Nothing better than a Tory power struggle,' is the only one that I caught clearly.
Inscribe that on boris's headstone

I have noticed Johnson is trying to avoid accepting any responsibility for getting ousted, instead blaming it on the rest of the party.
The man is allergic to decency

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11628 on: July 07, 2022, 09:16:01 am »

Ah well, did not think BJ would ever think of someone other than himself.

Who’s gonna be next? All the “leaders” in the party have been tainted by association.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11629 on: July 07, 2022, 09:20:00 am »

Don't worry, they'll choose the much more trustworthy Joris Bohnson

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11630 on: July 07, 2022, 09:39:50 am »

The channel mascot* for the Youtuber Mr Samuel Streamer?

Well that's not the worst idea, but I'm not sure the country is ready for a fictional mutant polar bear.

*Technically named Joris Bonson, but close enough for the bit.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11631 on: July 07, 2022, 11:29:06 am »

He’s said he’s going, but will stay on. This is apparently too much for some.

Ex-PMs, the leadership of their Scottish outpost (I’m surprised Douglas Ross has not fallen over the number of u-turns he’s made on BJ’s leadership) and varied members of his current party and the opposition.

Still some legs to this it seems.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11632 on: July 07, 2022, 02:21:34 pm »

He’s said he’s going, but will stay on. This is apparently too much for some.

Ex-PMs, the leadership of their Scottish outpost (I’m surprised Douglas Ross has not fallen over the number of u-turns he’s made on BJ’s leadership) and varied members of his current party and the opposition.

Still some legs to this it seems.

Scottish Conservatives have a history of flip flopping on the actions of the main branch of the party. Ruth Davidson drew an awful lot of 'hard lines' during her tenure as ScotCon leader and never followed through with them. I think she swore to resign if the UK Conservatives went ahead with various things at least three times.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11633 on: July 07, 2022, 03:47:31 pm »

Wil he be the one to lead the UK to the ExBrit?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #11634 on: July 07, 2022, 06:35:53 pm »

And to really punctuate his lack of any shame, after being found guilty of partying during a national lockdown, after being kicked out of his position whilst trying to pass the blame for hiring a known sexual predator onto 'drinking culture', after all of the lies and abuses of position....

He's still throwing a wedding party at Chequers before he goes.

---

In a tangentially related corker, when talking to my pro-Conservative pro-Brexit grandfather, he seriously suggested that the Conservatives best option at this point would be to let Theresa May be prime minister again...I was gobsmacked. If other conservative voters are thinking like that, it really goes to show what their options are at this point...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 09:02:51 pm by MorleyDev »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11635 on: July 07, 2022, 07:10:14 pm »

I think it just goes to show how much they need to scrape the barrel to find someone who hasn’t been tainted by Boris’ reign.

This really should have just ended the Conservative Party because for all of the horrible shit that Boris and his cronies are responsible for, how bad he and they looked by breaking the laws that he made and encouraged Britain to follow, what brought him down was an internal party appointment.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11636 on: July 08, 2022, 04:11:18 am »

Wil he be the one to lead the UK to the ExBrit?
Britain Exit Britain

I think it just goes to show how much they need to scrape the barrel to find someone who hasn’t been tainted by Boris’ reign.

This really should have just ended the Conservative Party because for all of the horrible shit that Boris and his cronies are responsible for, how bad he and they looked by breaking the laws that he made and encouraged Britain to follow, what brought him down was an internal party appointment.
I just hope the new crop of Ms aren't rapists. It's a low bar to set but MPs have been failing it for the last 1,000 years of darkness for some reason

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11637 on: July 08, 2022, 04:27:55 am »

I can tell you that British doctors are pretty pissed in general. They have endured a paycut for years, and inflation has tanked their wages even more. I know a couple of people who are fuming.

As a reference: I work in the HSE (which is pretty busted, and I am in a particularily busted hospital). For the last year I was supposed to be level 6 on the payscale, and they kept me as level 3 (I'm trying to fix that and get the backpay atm).
I was pretty furious about that so I actually checked some offers from the UK (I maintain both Spanish, British, and Irish registration as a safety net and for convenience). As it turns out I'm making around 50% more on level 3 of the payscale that I'd at the UK on level 6 of the payscale. And.. I cannot talk about the big English cities in northern England. But my cost of living is certainly far, far lower than in London.

Tldr: no wonder Brit doctors are pissed.

Pd:

Everyone in my workplace started cheering and threatening to pop champagne - all except for one doctor. He said he wouldn't cheer until he had actually resigned, as he believed Boris was pulling yet another ruse to try and cling to power
Didntn Cummins say EXACTLY that as well?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11638 on: July 09, 2022, 06:03:14 am »

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. We are such a clown country where there is so much prosperity but I don't know where it all goes

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11639 on: July 09, 2022, 09:36:27 pm »

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. We are such a clown country where there is so much prosperity but I don't know where it all goes
Pretty sure the answer is "People that donated to the Tory party" at present.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 793