Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Bards are offering to entertain our citizens! How should they do this?

Singing and dancing and other peaceful forms of- pfffhahahah
- 4 (15.4%)
Ablative meat armour
- 1 (3.8%)
Arena fights against wildlife
- 5 (19.2%)
Arena fights against each other
- 3 (11.5%)
Arena fights against troll wereelks
- 12 (46.2%)
Something else...
- 1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Thunderdoom - A Succession Goblin Camp [42.05]  (Read 38796 times)

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Succession Goblin Camp [42.04] - Planning Stage
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2016, 05:33:17 am »

Good news and bad news.

The good news is, the mod is ready for embark. I'll find us a good site tomorrow.

The bad news is, the goblins won't butcher or process the components of friendly or local sapients. So cannibalism is off the table, literally. There is a weird exception in that you can order live trolls slaughtered (they won't butcher dead ones), but that just creates loads of unusable troll bits so I don't recommend it.

I can't get dfhack to spawn an enemy dwarf, either, so we'll be going in blind as far as butcherable sapients goes.  Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't: it should do according to everything I've read, but we'll have to wait and see.

Sinurtumwist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2016, 08:05:52 am »

nice, i'll test it out when i'm home, should i let you know when something behaves weird?

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2016, 05:54:57 pm »

So I generated a rather interesting world and scouted a decent looking embark site.

We’ve got a tract of scorching broadleaf forest scarily close to a 3x3 that I’m pretty sure is a fortress entrance, and we’re surrounded on all sides by the dwarves hillocks. Theoretically the Elves and Humans can reach us too.

As far as the world goes, there are 4 elven civilisations, 3 human ones, and only 1 dwarven. All of those dwarven sites belong to the same scary-big civilisation.

As far as goblins go, we've got 4 to pick from. They are quite varied:

The Vice of Savants

11,986 goblins +278 kidnappees, 31 sites. Comes from the border of the southern glacier. Closely allied with The Green Dungeon (shared territory).

A moderately-large goblin civilisation, 2.3% historical figures. Has the scariest master all: Gulsheb Skullwaste sphalerite web-slinger. Gulsheb would probably be even scarier if they weren't a giant bunnyman, but still: a warrior demon.

Soldiers of the demon Gulsheb Skullwaste the Lustful Louse
- A towering rabbit twisted into humanoid form composed of sphalerite. It has a gaunt appearance. Beware it's webs! Associated with Disease, death and blight.

The Green Dungeon

12,246 goblins +319 kidnappees, 21 sites. Comes from the border of the southern glacier. Closely allied with The Vice of Savants (shared territory).

Another moderately large civilisation, 2.6% historical figures. The complete opposite of it's twin Gulsheb: Utes Flickerbronze is a fragile trickster, a lizard made of snow.

Protectors of the demon Utes Flickerbronze the Youth of Mirroring
    - A gigantic lizard twisted into humanoid form composed of snow. It undulates rythmically. Utes was associated with twilight, treachery, lies, dusk and the dawn.

The Plague of Modesty

15,817 goblins +1198 kidnappees, 41 sites. They come from the west, and their territory stretches from glacier to equator. Overlords of the Fed Hell (shared territory).

The biggest goblin civilisation in the world. 7% of their population are historical figures's, which may mean more kidnapped non-goblins in the camp when migrants start arriving. Their master is a fire breathing weremouse that chants ceaselessly.

Servitors of the demon Gozru Subtleknot the Ruthless Riddle
    - A great mouse twisted into humanoid form with lidless eyes. It chants ceaselessly. It's lilac hair is short and even. Beware it's fire! Associated with trickery and lies.

The Fed Hell

4,894 goblins +171 kidnappees, 15 sites. They come from the temperate north-west. Second-class citizens of The Plague of Modesty (shared territory).

The underdog. Small, 3.5% historical's, and barely a third the size of anyone else around, and effectively swallowed up by the Plague of Modesty. Their master has poisonous vapors and is associated with
nightmares, so I assume they're more into sabotage and guerilla warfare.

Followers of the demon Zutshosh Wrungmartyr the Mysterious Eel
- A great feathered skink twisted into humanoid form. It has a gaunt appearance. It's feathers are downy. Beware it's poisonous vapors! Associated with Nightmares.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2016, 06:23:04 pm »

I kinda like the Plague, due to the odd name, Trickster mouse demon, and chance for a more varied population.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Shûl-nak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2016, 08:16:19 pm »

Going for the Fed Hell, since I'm a sucker for the underdog and their demon sounds particularly grand. A demon dictator who speaks to his subordinates through nightmares could add spice to the write-ups.

My vision is of them being manipulated by the trickster civs - flattered, coerced, and goaded into action by notions of reclaiming lost glories.

The benefits for the other goblin civs are numerous; success could give them an allied foothold from which to launch future invasions, while failure could still weaken their enemies and serve as a test of the pinkskins' strength - all costing them none of their own resources. The potential to divide the tenacious Fed Hell's resources might also appeal, as the Plague wishes to consolidate its territory at home...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 08:24:52 pm by Shûl-nak »

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2016, 09:04:26 pm »

I like the multicultural Plague.

Do demons immigrate to new capitols like dwarven monarchy?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2016, 09:28:43 pm »

+1 to plague of modesty
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2016, 09:31:18 pm »

I like the multicultural Plague.

Do demons immigrate to new capitols like dwarven monarchy?
No clue, but it's possible.

We don't have any landholder positions (baron/count/duke) nor an outpost liason to offer them, but from what I can guess from the raws, becoming the capitol works on a different system entirely. It may be hardcoded. If that's the case, the master and their generals may move to our camp if we fulfill the requirements.

I could easily be completely wrong about this, though.

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2016, 09:54:09 pm »

Ive seen goblins mandate the creation of positions, but lord\lady might be the same as mayor.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Succession Goblin Camp [42.04] - THUNDERDOOM IS GO!
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2016, 02:47:25 am »

Alright! Looks like we's signing up with The Plague of Modesty and Gozru the fire-breathing mousedemon. Glory to Gozru! Embark commences.

The expedition group is The First Scourge, which I assume means theys gonna send lots of other scourges as backup, and totally not that they assume we's all gonna die within the year an' they's gonna have to send replacements.

May the dwarves of the world quake in fear of the incredible intelligence, competence and sheer handsomeness of the goblin race- pffff hahahaahaaah! Oh man. We're all gonna die.

The Members of The First Scourge

Spoiler: Shul-nak (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rupdeus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Darx (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sanctume (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Quox (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vuohijumala (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 03:29:15 am by QuQuasar »

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thunderdoom is go! - A Succession Goblin Camp [42.04]
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2016, 05:38:45 am »

Arright youse sorry pile o' filth an grime, we's here! The dwarfs are just over that hill, so let's stay quiet an' get to work, an if I hear any whinin', Rupdeus can hit you with 'is lash. We's gotta get set up or we's meat.

Darx, I want you cuttin' trees. Drop as many of 'em you can, we'll need the wood. Shul-nak, make us some beds, an' get the trolls to build some shacks ta sleep in.

Sanctume, grab that pick an' make yerself useful. Dig a bunch o' trenches, maybe cut some of the granite out of the mountain so we's can build forges.

Nix, gather up some plants an' brew us some booze. I don't like the look o' that water, an' besides, this place'll look better drunk.

Once we all done that, then we's can all go lookin' for some fresh meat, okay? But not before!

Meat! C',mon, let's go you giant louses! We's got an enormous terrifying beast to kill! Whose wit me?!

HAHA! I'SE STRANGLED THE WEASEL SO HARD IT'S HEAD NEARLY POPPED OFF!

"Oi you guys! Vuohijumala found better meat!"

Wot you mean 'e found better meat? You sayin' there's summit wrong with my weasel? Eh?

"Yeah, et's shit!"

Oh that's it you soddin' pile of wank! Nobody insults my weasel an' gets away wit it! Come on, I'll take ya!

"Hah! Bring it!"

"Will you guys shut up an' get over here? This goats beatin' the shit out o' Vuoh!"

Okay, that sounds hilarious. Raincheck to go watch Vuoh beat up by a goat?

"Yeah sure."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:40:34 am by QuQuasar »

Tehsapper

• Bay Watcher
  • Why, MrMayor? Whatever do you mean by "slade bed"?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2016, 07:44:56 am »

I like how all of them dream of ruling the world.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2016, 04:19:46 pm »

Heheh, you lost all yer teeth.

"Shuddup. Where the hell were you lot?"

Oh don't whine ya sack of rutherer piss, we sent the trolls in ta' help, didn't we? Count yerself lucky we's didn't just let it eat ya.

Besides, we got two more of 'em. You can make their bones inta' shivs. I feel naked walkin' around without summit to shank you'se lot with.

"Shiv's? Bah. I'm gonna drink booze outa dat fukkers skull for what 'e did to me face."

"What about yer weasel?"

Oh, I think I'm gonna nail it to the door o' the new dining room for now.

"Um... why?"

I'unno.

Supply caravan! Aw shit, we needs a trade depot. An' somethin' ta trade! Vuoh, still got those mountain goat hooves? We's can make some shit outta those, right?

Well, we got a stock o' meat an' some leather off the caravan, plus a few copper weapons and a helm. I think we did arright.

"Oi! Reinforcements!"

What we got here? Fresh meat? Arright, what're you lot good for?

A mason, a brewer, a tanner an a rookie wit' some crossbow experience.

What youse all think o' me archytektures? I think I did pretty good. Still needs spikes, though. Lots an' lots o' spikes.

Delicious monkey meat! We eat tonight boys!

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2016, 08:22:23 pm »

I think my best chance at getting a name is being adopted as someones slave...

Your name is Toby Ngunstlu!

Screen for troll lovers.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2016, 02:18:12 am »

I think my best chance at getting a name is being adopted as someones slave...

Your name is Toby Ngunstlu!

Screen for troll lovers.
Yeah, sorry Shofet: I tried Dwarf Therapist, DFHack, etc... can't find any way to rename trolls. Looks like you'll may just have to settle for a gobbo.

"D'ya think maybe the trolls got a little carried away with buildin' shit?"

Yeah, I wash gonna schtop 'em, but theys just looked sho fukkin' haaaappy lugging all that wood around the plashe. An it's such a perrrfect construction. So there'll be plenty o' rooms for any reinforshements Master Gozru shendsour way, at least.

Oi, yoush lot. Check out me workshop trench! I got Shacntume to dig it out fer me.

I got the idea while I was pished after last nights gorrilla feast! Dis way, we'se don't have to walk very far to get stuff, 'cos it's all right here in the trench wit us.

Sho, I been drinking nuttin but booze for... like... ever. Months. I think maybe thems dwarfs are onto shomfing? It's gotten to the point where I don't even notishe it anymore.

An' I'm coming up with all these great idea,s recently! Like, what if the Trade depo had a dwarbridge? Made of iron? WITH SPIKES?

SHO FUKKIN METAL.

But de odders are lookin' a bit worse fer wareing... thing... pukey. Like theys gonna puke. All the time. Wot are we dwarves? Puking our faces in other peeples faces? We don't do that.

Sho... um...

Right!

We shooooood probbly do shomething about... that thing I said.

'Ey! Shanct- shantooo - diggy diggy guy! I gotsh a job fer ya!

AN IT'S GOT WATER! YEAAAAAHHH! This callsh for a drink or sheven! Whoshe wit' meeeee!?!

[the next day]

Uuuuurrrrggghhh...

Fuk my head.

Is this my head?

I think this is my head?

So ffffff-ukk it.

With a fuking fukstick.

Worst. Hangover. Ever.

I'se never drinkin' alcohol again.

And o' course the moment I step out of me shack with a headache the size o' Gozru itself, this happens...

A new life, brought into this world right in front of me. It was fukkin' disgusting. I nearly vomited all over the baby.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 02:41:48 am by QuQuasar »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16