Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Bards are offering to entertain our citizens! How should they do this?

Singing and dancing and other peaceful forms of- pfffhahahah
- 4 (15.4%)
Ablative meat armour
- 1 (3.8%)
Arena fights against wildlife
- 5 (19.2%)
Arena fights against each other
- 3 (11.5%)
Arena fights against troll wereelks
- 12 (46.2%)
Something else...
- 1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Thunderdoom - A Succession Goblin Camp [42.05]  (Read 39173 times)

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
Re: Thunderdoom - A Succession Goblin Camp [42.05]
« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2016, 10:06:25 pm »

The save!!!!~ Finally!!!
Most wonderful. I believe I am next, yes? I'll be able to get started tomorrow afternoon.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2016, 01:10:32 pm »

I never knew this is what I always really wanted in life. If nobody minds I'll take a gobbo animal trainer or troll squad leader. I always wanted to murder everyone I meet with hordes of trolls. Just make the name "Trugg" sounds goblin enough to me.

EDIT: Now that I think about it I'm not even sure trolls are trainable since they're sentient so I'm leaning more towards squad leader of trolls. Lasher profession preferably because it's funny to me. I can also wait for a migrant wave if that's necessary.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 01:24:28 pm by Trigon »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2016, 03:13:24 pm »

Um... It may be a little late, but DFHack has a command that allows changing the name of things, for example stockpiles, and more importantly, units. You can set a nickname or custom profession for any unit, such as enemies (change their profession to "training dummy" or "gladiator"? Sure why not?) or pets (Shofet the troll). I don't remember the exact command, but the default dfhack.init file has it bound to a key, so a quick check there should give the command.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2016, 04:08:14 pm »

Um... It may be a little late, but DFHack has a command that allows changing the name of things, for example stockpiles, and more importantly, units. You can set a nickname or custom profession for any unit, such as enemies (change their profession to "training dummy" or "gladiator"? Sure why not?) or pets (Shofet the troll). I don't remember the exact command, but the default dfhack.init file has it bound to a key, so a quick check there should give the command.

I don't know how to work DFHack, or even if there is a working version for 42.05, but if someone wants to do this before I grab the save in a couple hours, go ahead.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2016, 04:13:06 pm »

An alpha version for 42.5 was just posted in the DFHack thread, but I don't have DF on this computer...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thunderdoom - A Succession Goblin Camp [42.04]
« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2016, 06:53:37 pm »

Turning [GRAPHICS:YES] doesn't help:

I'd be fine with anything, vanilla ASCII or Pheobus, but this? This is impossible to play!

NINJA-ATTACK-EDIT:

Um... Starter Pack hasn't updated! It's still on 04, which has the bug that COMPLETELY ELIMINATES SPARRING. So is there any way to fix it? I'm fine with poking around in the raws, though "change every single raw item" won't work.

Remember how this happened? Well it's happening to me too. I tried Quasar's solution-

1. Go to Dwarf Fortress/data/save/Thunderdoom/raw/graphics. Delete the entire folder

2. Go to Dwarf Fortress/raw/graphics. Copy it.

3. Go back to Dwarf Fortress/data/save/Thunderdoom/raw. Paste the graphics folder you copied into it.

That should revert the save to ASCII.

And it didn't work. Can anyone tell me how to fix this, or at least point me to a 42.05 version of the LNP?
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2016, 07:06:49 pm »

Back before 42.04 LNP, I was able to load Phoebus into 42.04 vanilla.
There was a youtube vid explaining what *.png file to cope, and what to change in the init.txt file

This is from wiki .34, but it should apply in terms on what to change in the init.txt
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.34:Init.txt

Graphics info, most of it as above.  Set GRAPHICS to YES to turn it all on.  This will use the "raw/graphics" folder for tile information.  Currently this is limited to whatever creature graphics you have downloaded.  The game comes with a few pictures to demonstrate.  As of May 2012, the Dwarf Fortress Wiki has custom tilesets available at http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Tileset_repository and creature graphics at http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Graphics_set_repository.

[GRAPHICS:NO]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:0]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:curses_square_16x16.png] 
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:curses_square_16x16.png]
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]

--

[GRAPHICS:NO] -> [GRAPHICS:YES] ->
[GRAPHICS_FONT:curses_square_16x16.png]  -> replace with the file name from the phoebus graphics file
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:curses_square_16x16.png]  -> replace with the file name from the phoebus graphics file

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2016, 07:30:52 pm »

Okay, I fixed it. Ended up exchanging the raw folder with a fresh copy then readding Quasar's mods.

Starting now!
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2016, 08:16:12 pm »

Darx is Best Ovurseer Ogreseee Ohversere Boss:

No one listens ta me round 'ere. I say not to clean me wid poisonwater, dey don't listen, I get infected. I say mebbe not fight by the well, dey don't listen, Quox realizes he should have learned to swim. I tell dem I know every song, dance, and instrument ever, and dey make me train all the time so I can't go to the tavern.

Spoiler: All of dem. (click to show/hide)

I can't even advance in my squad since da war cmmander's second in command is 'imself!

Well all dat's gonna change right now. It's Darx's turn to be in charge!

"Oy! I'se the boss now!"

"Yeah? Sez who?"

"Sez my fist in yer face!"

Code: [Select]
The Warrior Poet Punches the Overseer with his left hand, bruising the muscle!
The Overseer has been knocked unconcious.

"Well, dat was easier den I thought."

Seriously Darx, what the hell. I'm considering taking him out of the military- he's only an Adequate macegoblin, after all, and making him a full-time performer.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:50:41 pm by DDDragoni »
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2016, 09:17:00 pm »

Keep the murder spirit alive with legendary war dances. Throwing parties at the weasel corpse pole like proper gobbos.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2016, 10:04:22 pm »

I can't even advance in my squad since da war cmmander's second in command is 'imself!
Barely 2 years in and we've already broken the game.

Keep the murder spirit alive with legendary war dances. Throwing parties at the weasel corpse pole like proper gobbos.
Wait, did I accidentally invent the pinata?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2016, 10:12:05 pm »

Mwahahahaha soon all vacant positions will be mine!  ALL MINE!!!!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2016, 06:17:48 am »

Hahahaha, what the hell, how does this even happen?

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2016, 08:02:49 pm »

Also can I just say that I've heard the joke that gobbos are huge poetry fans but Drax is ridiculous. That has got to be every form from every region you can reach on foot. I can't wait until we start to see the horrible poems he composes for thunderdoom.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 03, 2016, 01:10:33 am »

Darx Is Best Boss, part 2

“The warlady’s yellin’ ‘bout sometin, looks like some kid stole ‘er bedroom.”

“When the hell did we get a warlady?”

“Dunno.”

“Jus’ kick the kid out, if it’ll shut ‘er up. Oh and is dat were-troll back to normal yet?”

“Yeah, ‘e just quit screamin’.”

“Pull ‘im out. I gots an idea…”

Rrruh? (Where are you taking me, dear sir? It is not safe for me to be among my compatriots so.)

Shut yer trap, troll. We’re almost dere.

Rrrruh! (I do say! That is an incredibly innapropriate place to be putting your hands! Perhaps a turnabout shall show you the error you have made!)

Sorry, were-elk. I’m married. slice

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!( AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!)

What the hell kinda warcamp is dis anyway? Dere’s only 12 guys actually fightin’! If we wanna take the dwarves on we need ta get better than this.

So here’z what we’re gunna do- the three main squads are gonna train two at a time, with the third squad takin’ a break an doin’ other stuff.

Spoiler: schedule (click to show/hide)

Den dere’s gonna be a squad of anyone who knows how ta shoot, and deyre gonna train every three months. How’s it feel to be in charge of the God-Forsaken Shames, Quosdub?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And den I’m gonna be in charge of everyone else. Groups a’ four, each training one month a year so the food an’ booze keep comin!

Only ones gettin’ outta dat training are Vuohig the manager and Bosa, tha broker.

HEAR DAT NIX? I’M IN CHARGE OF MORE PEOPLE DEN YOU!!!

”I want all the swords to stay here! Dey’re shiny and dey’re mine!”

Yeah, Gozru, sure, whatever, we were definitely gonna get rid of our weapons in a bloody warcamp, whatever were we gunna do without your brilliant leadership.

”Shut yer trap, Darx.”

Turns out, dere’s another cavern down dere. Dey musta missed it when dey dug dat well. Wouldnta mattered anyway, it’s dry as ‘ell.

I also found somfink weird by one of the pools. I sent someone to go poke it an’ see what happened, but the dumbas let the pool wash it away instead.

Hey Bosa, come look at dis!

Dey do grow back! You know what dis means? We(heh heh)- We got(haHAHA)- we got an ENDLESS SUPPLY OF--

Is yer head supposed to be spinnin like that, Bosa? And yer eyes are all white. Eh, he’s got silver, it’s probably fine.

More guys showed up. At least dey only brought one kid dis time. Maybe we can give ‘im that bracelet Bosa made, keep ‘im occupied.

Also a human with a spear came to get drunk and listen to my poems. I thought about havin’ everybody beat ‘er up, but the general’s human too and it mighta pissed ‘im off.

“Oy, Sanctume! Did you ever get Quox outta the well? I wanna see how smashed up his face is!”

“What?”

“Use yer other ear, asshat! I said, did you ever get Quox outta da well?”

“Nah. We almost got dere, but den there was magma in the way.”

“Anybody fall in?”

“Nah.”

“Dammit.”

“The new bedrooms done got built, boss.”

“Good. I was tired o’ trippin’ on goblins lyin’ in the dirt.”

“Yeah, but Utes fell off the roof.”

“Is his face all smashed up?”

“Nah, ‘e just got back up and csrried the extra logs to that storeroom you built.”

“Dammit.”

“Oh, and Ngezbo showed up again. Keeps complainin’ about bein’ dead and stuff.”

“Just carve ‘is name on a rock and chuck it in the corner. That’ll shut ‘im up.”

When I came here, I expected that life in a warcamp would be excitin’. I’d get to bash some skulls in and watch people get hurt, good ol’ goblin fun. Might even be able to write a poem or two about it.

But the most exciting thing that’s happened since Quox fell down the well is the honey badger that showed up, an’ I didn’t even get to kill it!

Wait a minute- yer kiddin’ me. Yer kiddin’ me!

You caught a fuggin Giant Cave spider?

That gives me some ideas. It’s bout ta get interestin’ in Thunderdoom.

That was the remainder of summer (about a week) and autumn there. Quasar, do you want me to stop at Spring, go through to Autumn again, or do the full year and a half? Oh, and can Goblins work Adamantine? Cuz we have a source for it now.

Gobbed people:

Spoiler: Trugg (click to show/hide)
He has a pet Giant Bat and is a Novice Animal Trainer.

Spoiler: Zee (click to show/hide)
She is married with 5 kids, none of which are at the fort. She is both an axedwarf and a butcher, and has 1 kill, a goblin.

Spoiler: Ul-Naksh (click to show/hide)
His wife is at the fort, but his 2 kids aren't, and he has 3 goblin kills.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16