Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Bards are offering to entertain our citizens! How should they do this?

Singing and dancing and other peaceful forms of- pfffhahahah
- 4 (15.4%)
Ablative meat armour
- 1 (3.8%)
Arena fights against wildlife
- 5 (19.2%)
Arena fights against each other
- 3 (11.5%)
Arena fights against troll wereelks
- 12 (46.2%)
Something else...
- 1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Thunderdoom - A Succession Goblin Camp [42.05]  (Read 39369 times)

vidboi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thunderdoom - A Succession Goblin Camp [42.05]
« Reply #165 on: February 04, 2016, 11:52:31 am »

Great read so far! Also you can definitely change trigger tokens in the save raws, I've successfully done that to trigger human caravans despite the export wealth bug.

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 04, 2016, 11:57:27 am »

Hand wavium might be necessary then but I would like to see if the next version fixes butchering sapients. Nothing like turning your brethren into finely minced goblin roasts.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #167 on: February 04, 2016, 02:14:42 pm »

Great read so far! Also you can definitely change trigger tokens in the save raws, I've successfully done that to trigger human caravans despite the export wealth bug.
So is this really just a false alarm then? I'll be glad if it is, considering how already we have a troll werebeast.

I'm just wondering if this works with sieges as well. I know several tokens in entity files need regenning but do sieges actually need it, or will it work without regenning like with caravans as you say?

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2016, 04:07:27 pm »

So is this really just a false alarm then? I'll be glad if it is, considering how already we have a troll werebeast.

I'm just wondering if this works with sieges as well. I know several tokens in entity files need regenning but do sieges actually need it, or will it work without regenning like with caravans as you say?

In that case, I guess I'll just hold off on continuing until we get the updated raws. Perhaps someone should science this in another save, see if adding the tags after world gen will fix the issue, before we commit to either a re-gen or sticking with this fort.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 04, 2016, 04:37:51 pm »

FALSE ALARM EVERYONE! Looks like I should have looked up the wiki first...

PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION   level   0 to 5,
civ will come to site once population at site has reached that level. If multiple progress triggers exist for a civ, it will come when any one of them is fulfilled instead of waiting for all of them to be reached. A value of 0 disables the trigger. 1 corresponds to 20 dwarves, 2 to 50 dwarves, 3 to 80, 4 to 110, and 5 to 140. Progress triggers may be changed, added, or deleted for a currently active fort. Note: hostile civs require that the population trigger be fulfilled as well as at least one other trigger before attacking.

PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION   level   0 to 5,
civ will come to site once created wealth has reached that level. If multiple progress triggers exist for a civ, it will come when any one of them is fulfilled instead of waiting for all of them to be reached. A value of 0 disables the trigger. 1 corresponds to 5000☼ created wealth, 2 to 25000☼, 3 to 100000☼, 4 to 200000☼, and 5 to 300000☼. Progress triggers may be changed, added, or deleted for a currently active fort.

PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE   level   0 to 5,
civ will come to site once exported goods has reached that level. If multiple progress triggers exist for a civ, it will come when any one of them is fulfilled instead of waiting for all of them to be reached. A value of 0 disables the trigger. 1 corresponds to 500☼ exported wealth, 2 to 2500☼, 3 to 10000☼, 4 to 20000☼, and 5 to 30000☼. Progress triggers may be changed, added, or deleted for a currently active fort.

PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE   level   0 to 5,
civ will begin to send sieges against the player civ when this level is reached if it is hostile.
If multiple progress triggers exist for a civ, it will come when any one of them is fulfilled instead of waiting for all of them to be reached. A value of 0 disables the trigger.

PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE   level   0 to 5,
civ will begin to send sieges against the player civ when this level is reached if it is hostile.

PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE   level   0 to 5,

So, DDDragoni, here's what you can do to ensure dwarf sieges:

1. Go to Dwarf Fortress\data\save\Thunderdoom\raw\objects\entity_default.txt. Open it up in notepad.
2. You'll see the [ENTITY:MOUNTAIN] tag at the top, followed by a bunch of tokens. Add the following line anywhere underneath it:
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:1]
3. Profit!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2016, 05:04:54 pm »

Damn, sorry for making you guys fret over nothing then. Glad this can go on without regenning, though.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 04, 2016, 05:13:15 pm »

FALSE ALARM EVERYONE! Looks like I should have looked up the wiki first...

PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION   level   0 to 5,
civ will come to site once population at site has reached that level. If multiple progress triggers exist for a civ, it will come when any one of them is fulfilled instead of waiting for all of them to be reached. A value of 0 disables the trigger. 1 corresponds to 20 dwarves, 2 to 50 dwarves, 3 to 80, 4 to 110, and 5 to 140. Progress triggers may be changed, added, or deleted for a currently active fort. Note: hostile civs require that the population trigger be fulfilled as well as at least one other trigger before attacking.

PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION   level   0 to 5,
civ will come to site once created wealth has reached that level. If multiple progress triggers exist for a civ, it will come when any one of them is fulfilled instead of waiting for all of them to be reached. A value of 0 disables the trigger. 1 corresponds to 5000☼ created wealth, 2 to 25000☼, 3 to 100000☼, 4 to 200000☼, and 5 to 300000☼. Progress triggers may be changed, added, or deleted for a currently active fort.

PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE   level   0 to 5,
civ will come to site once exported goods has reached that level. If multiple progress triggers exist for a civ, it will come when any one of them is fulfilled instead of waiting for all of them to be reached. A value of 0 disables the trigger. 1 corresponds to 500☼ exported wealth, 2 to 2500☼, 3 to 10000☼, 4 to 20000☼, and 5 to 30000☼. Progress triggers may be changed, added, or deleted for a currently active fort.

PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE   level   0 to 5,
If multiple progress triggers exist for a civ, it will come when any one of them is fulfilled instead of waiting for all of them to be reached. A value of 0 disables the trigger.

PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE   level   0 to 5,

PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE   level   0 to 5,

So, DDDragoni, here's what you can do to ensure dwarf sieges:

1. Go to Dwarf Fortress\data\save\Thunderdoom\raw\objects\entity_default.txt. Open it up in notepad.
2. You'll see the [ENTITY:MOUNTAIN] tag at the top, followed by a bunch of tokens. Add the following line anywhere underneath it:
3. Profit!

I added that, but according to what I just oranged up there, don't we need another one, too?
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2016, 06:06:24 pm »

I'm not really certain: don't have time to parse it properly. But when it doubt, there's no kill like overkill. Just add all 6 of them:

[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:1]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:1]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:1]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:1]

It says they act as "Or" triggers, so this shouldn't cause any problems and should ensure sieges.

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 05, 2016, 02:58:40 am »

Yeah I don't think it should be a problem then. I think those triggers increase with time as well. I can't remember the math but someone far smarter than me explained siege mechanics once and I'm inclined to believe it.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 05, 2016, 03:19:32 am »

Well... Turn out dwarf sieges may not be necessary for !!FUN!! to find us... Details to come...
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #175 on: February 05, 2016, 04:25:30 am »

Well... Turn out dwarf sieges may not be necessary for !!FUN!! to find us... Details to come...

Oh crap.

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 05, 2016, 12:43:31 pm »

Corpse party time.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 05, 2016, 09:24:25 pm »

Darx is Best Boss, part 3

Spoiler: A thing happened (click to show/hide)

Finally! Fergit the spider cage, we finally got somethin’ worth fightin’! PILE ON!!

Stotukusbu (Troll Axeman, female)

RRAAAAAHHHGHHH!! (I have slain one such as you before, foul beast. I will not hesitate to do so again.)

AAARRRRRGGGHHH!! (I appear to have lost my weapon hand.)
RUUUUUUUUGH!! (This is a significant inconvenience. Assistance would be most welcome.)

Em Stomstolo, Marksgoblin

‘oy, don’t be ‘oggin’ all the glory, troll!

Take that, ye bloody-

Darx

HA! Try usin’ a weapon next time, dumbass! Dis is how it’s done!

Dat all ye got?

HA! You think bitin’ the wereelk’s gonna turn it inta a goblin? Sure, why not.

Had enough yet?

Oh shit, not agai-AAAAAAAAAAAA

Resolute, Stotukusbu stood to defend her boss.

Unfortunately, while capable of blocking the mightiest of blows, a wooden shield does not make a very effective weapon, and the troll, weakened by blood loss from her severed hand, soon fell before the monster’s onslaught.

The Warrior Poet regains consciousness.

What in the hell happe-

The remaining goblins of Thunderdoom, finally having gotten their proverbial rears in gear, emerged from their camp and charged the bloodthirsty beast as a single mass. When the dust cleared, the wereelk was dead, blood loss from its dozens of wounds taking its toll. The goblins, however, had not come out of the ordeal unscathed.

The slain:
Em Stomstolo, Marksgoblin
Darx Menacesyrups, Warrior Poet
Stotukusbu, Troll Axeman
Gozru Umumato, Warlady
Nako Urarmot, Recruit
Olngo Rutstosbub, Axegoblin
Damsto Ngurengerxung, Marksgoblin

The wounded:
Arstruk Ringedwiked, War Captain and survivor of a previous wereelk bite: Bitten, Arm ripped off.
Ngokang, Peasant: Bitten in the upper body
Tode Abostosbub, Herbalist: Grabbed by the tongue and bitten in the mouth. (Ha ha, Tode kissed a wereelk!)
Bax, Macegoblin: Bitten in the left arm
Ago Blackdusk, Miner: Left foot ripped off, bitten
Ubsu Sinfulslave, Milker: Bitten in the right leg
Zee Kissedmenaced: Head’s muscle ripped apart, arteries severed, bitten
Strodno Growthvile, Engraver: Bitten

All others who participated in the battle (including Ul-Naksh) were unharmed.

MORE TO COME, SAME GOB-TIME, SAME GOB-CHANNEL!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 01:45:40 am by DDDragoni »
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 05, 2016, 10:05:35 pm »

Welp, time to make a were-elk shock-trooper squad. 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 05, 2016, 10:32:38 pm »

This is a goblin skin quire. It smells of werelk.

Dis is Trugg journal. Borrowed some of dah lost skins of summun to write on since most everyone else is dead or bleedin. Just wanted tah say dat I never want to see a werelk again. Out of room now. Goblin feet is small.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16