Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 839764 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10800 on: February 07, 2023, 05:36:16 am »

Colonize the local Legoland on behalf of the children.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10801 on: February 07, 2023, 10:05:59 am »

Something is broken with my email service's spam filter. For the past 3 days or so everything is showing up in my inbox instead of my spam folder.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10802 on: February 07, 2023, 10:26:31 am »

Legoland is in Denmark, not in the Netherlands
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10803 on: February 07, 2023, 10:58:28 am »

løgenaar giif legos!
let

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10804 on: February 07, 2023, 10:59:30 am »

It's a fact little known within Denmark and the Netherlands, but those are actually the same country.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10805 on: February 07, 2023, 02:25:41 pm »

I think a piece of a model has pinged behind the fish tank and terrariums when I was cutting it from it's sprue. It's about 3mm wide and my carpet is grey, so I may never find it even if I pull the terrariums forward.  :(

Luckily it's not a vital piece, but it does go on the shoulder of the model so it's going to be obvious it isn't there.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10806 on: February 07, 2023, 04:14:13 pm »

Guess what time it is?
Time for COVID 2: Electric Boogaloo.

I'm quarantining, but it likely won't matter cause my parents probably caught it (even if they they don't feel sick yet) and because they aren't treating it seriously as they are still going to visit my sister and help take care of her and her kids (albeit with a N95 on), who are the ones who tested positive.
I think a piece of a model has pinged behind the fish tank and terrariums when I was cutting it from it's sprue. It's about 3mm wide and my carpet is grey, so I may never find it even if I pull the terrariums forward.  :(

Luckily it's not a vital piece, but it does go on the shoulder of the model so it's going to be obvious it isn't there.
You could empty the vacuum out and vacuum the area to try to find it.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10807 on: February 07, 2023, 07:57:12 pm »

I woke up early to get to work early for the sake of a new co-worker.  Who then called in sick...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10808 on: February 07, 2023, 09:06:35 pm »

2 of my 3 teammates called in sick today too!

Man I'm just so annoyed with work right now. Got a pain in the ass customer I've spent god knows how many hours working with since like September of last year. Just a mistake all around this one but we're committed to it, so *I'm* committed to it. So it's been daily email chains with their CPA trying to reconcile all of '22s business to the tune of millions of dollars. One person at the business of two people is entering data on sales, payments, all this jazz, to the level best of her ability and she's making tons of mistakes. Which the CPA then picks up. And asks me to fix. Fixing involves regenerating the accounting, which up until this customer I've only done a couple times and was generally told "You should never do this except when absolutely necessary." I've done it over 100 times now, as the CPA keeps finding more problems (because she wasn't present when they started using our software to, ya know, help configure anything) and turning to me to both identify where the thing is, possibly what it means (how the fuck can I know that, I don't work at their business!) and provide the data changes so it's accurate. I don't know why you have no record of a bank deposit that someone entered into our software but isn't in your Quickbooks. Ask the goddamn client! I don't know what a PAC Fee is or how it should be recognized from an accounting perspective, ask the goddamn client!  I don't know when a $9,565.37 check was supposed to be entered, ask the goddamn client!

We're still trying to reconcile FEBRUARY.

Did I mention she's in her 60s and an Asian immigrant, so her English both written and spoken is.....challenging at times? I feel like I'm constantly being yelled at by an Asian grandmother because we're both utterly frustrated trying to support a business that, in all likelihood, may not be here in a year if the owner succumbs to not one but two kinds of stage 4 cancer.

So I go from responding to that, multiple times a day, to sitting in higher leveling meetings where I have to provide technical expertise to clients while my boss basically agrees to work in the name of keeping the customer happy, then turns to me and goes "So how are we going to do that?" Guess who signed the previous PITA client I just mentioned!

Stepping out of a grunt role into middle management was going to be a challenge, I knew that. But right now I feel just as maxed out as back when I was shouldering the lion's share of our tech support contacts and effort. Now half my day is dealing with PITA clients no one else wants to handle, directing traffic that still comes to me to other people and getting to watch another freight train coming down the tracks and going "This is a bad idea, why are we doing this."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 09:08:58 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10809 on: February 07, 2023, 09:15:52 pm »

Sorry to hear that man, that sounds tough.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10810 on: February 07, 2023, 09:20:39 pm »

As long as this is just here.  I covered my short position at the top today, only to see it fall back to below my entry.

I lost quite a bit of money due to the wild fluctuations of the market today, and having a tight stop in place.  It always hurts to lose a lot, but it hurts even more when you set tight stops because you already are having a rough month lol.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10811 on: February 08, 2023, 04:53:59 pm »

"See the screenshot below. The third payment 31597.34 was duplicated. Why you did not see this?"

Lady, I swear by sunny Jesus I don't know how many times I've told you I'm not their bookkeeper.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10812 on: February 08, 2023, 06:01:39 pm »

Had a dream the other night with a pretty cool game concept in it. Not just in dream-logic, I woke up and thought "Damn, I'd play that". And now I can barely remember any of it aside from having armour plate vests, guns, seasonal floods/freezes and it being set in the ruins of an underground civilisation.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10813 on: February 09, 2023, 01:53:57 pm »

Oh hey, speaking of workplace annoyances. A few months back my shift was cut down to a barebones setup, as a test to see if it's workable (it is, but it's fucking exhausting and overwhelming a good deal of the time, you can work like this but it will wear people out if it's done for long periods of time). As part of this harebrained scheme to extract maximum productivity they took one of the workers and trained him to be a replacement for my part of the production line. That way if someone needs a day off or calls in sick I always have a replacement handy (no thought was give to the case of the replacement worker calling in sick or needing days off). Except now they wanna switch him off to a different shift (one that isn't cut down to a minimal size so the shift manager doesn't have to cover gaps constantly) to replace someone who isn't, let's say the sharpest tool in the shed, which is causing the shift manager to have to supervise him more than he should.

So, the logical thing of having a shift manager that's overloaded with work is to take one who's already at his limit (that would be me, hi!) and take away his only potential backup, replacing him with someone who would require more supervision and work.

I swear if I didn't know our plant manager was an incompetent wet blanked of a person I'd start to think this level of mismanagement was done intentionally to fuck with me.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10814 on: February 09, 2023, 03:12:21 pm »

My mother in law is getting admitted to a hospital for pneumonia.  So annoying.  Basically her O2 sats are low, and they want to give her IV antibiotics.

So instead of just a simple thing like oh maybe getting her prescription for OTC antibiotics when they were supposed to a few days ago, but didn't put it in the system, now we have the cost of ER + ambulance (because the ER hospital doesn't admit) + admission.

No wonder health care is so expensive.

Plus, just the annoyance and hassle of logistics of having her in the hospital.
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 775