Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 840996 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3315 on: September 18, 2017, 02:10:13 am »

I s'pose that's a solution, and my GM might even be okay with it. Alas, i need to practice my social skills, be they in a real or fictional situation, and i'm not above having a giggle at my own misfortune. :v

When in doubt, make dick jokes. Or quote sitcom characters. Preferably Friends or Seinfeld.

I have the exact same problem, by the way. Really want to play charming facey characters. Always hampered by my inability to be either charming or facey. So just roll up to whoever it is you are facing, point your finger guns at them, say "How you doin'" and then quickly roll the dice before your GM has the chance to object that doesn't make any sense and is no way to convince the merchant to give you his inventory for free.
Love, scriver~

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: September 18, 2017, 03:33:50 am »

Humm, today in Shadowrun group it was plainly evident why i'm really bad at face (social) characters. My mind's normally quite occupied with a lot of thinking, but as soon as the matters turn to something where saying the right thing is relatively important, everything just grinds to a screeching halt and leaves an eerie silence in my noggin. I still had a lot of fun, but goddamn, it ain't easy to pretend social grace when anxiety slam dunks the mental brakes. :v
I have never GMed Shadowrun, but maybe a workaround is giving 'luck' through your persuasion rolls. So you still look silly if you mess up but it doesn't interact weirdly with your character's supposed skill.

Also, usually when I play high CHA characters I just play an overconfident dumbass who makes way too much puns.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: September 18, 2017, 05:11:00 am »

Me, I have a hard time playing characters with low charisma: having to stifle my usual dazzling charm is quite a feat, pun not intended.

I suppose this is why they call it a "rapier wit" - my tongue is basically the appendageal equivalent of a toothpick-wielding elven rogue with Weapon Finesse. :))   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: September 18, 2017, 12:18:25 pm »

Once had a party with a Monk with >6 INT.

They found an airship and rolled to figure out what it was.

He rolled a 1.

The Monk walked up to the airship, thought carefully, and licked the airship.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: September 18, 2017, 03:53:19 pm »

I should stop thinking about food late at night. If I do eat anything I won't be able to sleep but the thought makes me hungry :(.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: September 19, 2017, 12:55:27 am »

Shite. Just put my book down for a moment and started pondering how terrible I've been feeling today.
This proved to be quite an unhappy line of thought, and so I decided to listen to some appropriate music. Very nice. But, then, when I picked up my book and went to continue reading, I found said music to be quite an inappropriate audio accompaniment for it, since I had left off at quite a happy, buoyant scene.

Now here I am, shitposting on Bay12 instead of reading like I was before, 'til this song ends at least. It all gets added on to the sum total of procrastination, which is the category that pretty much everything I've done today falls into, in truth. I should really like to go for a walk, to be doing something, but I can think of nowhere to go, really.
I could always spend money on something I suppose, but when I'm this far over-budget retail spending is rather less enjoyable than I usually find it. Maybe I'll go to the library and dig out four more books to join the four I borrowed yester-- actually, I don't know what day it was. Huh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: September 19, 2017, 01:10:31 am »

REALLY NEIGHBORS? DOES YOUR POLISH WORKER REALLY HAVE TO START STONE DRILLING AT 7:30 IN THE MORNING?

GOD FUCK I HATE FEARJUMPING OUT OF MY SLEEP
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: September 19, 2017, 02:31:26 am »

It's too cold to wear sandals now. And that's bad. Really bad. What I mean by that is, "hesitated between this thread and the sad thread" bad.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: September 19, 2017, 02:38:41 am »

It's too cold to wear sandals now. And that's bad. Really bad. What I mean by that is, "hesitated between this thread and the sad thread" bad.
Define 'too cold'. I wore sandals well into december last year, down to about 5C (admittedly, with socks)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: September 19, 2017, 04:33:40 am »

When I say "too cold", it means it hurts to go outside with just sandals, as using socks defeats the point of sandals imho.
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: September 19, 2017, 04:22:48 pm »

...I still go bare feet...
Love, scriver~

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: September 19, 2017, 04:33:14 pm »

...I still go bare feet...

I get yelled at by my wife for running about in 40 degree weather in shorts. I would probably go barefoot if society would let me.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: September 19, 2017, 05:19:05 pm »

The rain has come. So much rain. It's cold and sad out now.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: September 19, 2017, 06:40:50 pm »

Wait a second, I was almost sure I'm the only one who thinks any footwear that doesn't let you stack your toes on top of each other at will should be labeled as a torture instrument.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: September 19, 2017, 06:41:31 pm »

Wait a second, I was almost sure I'm the only one who thinks any footwear that doesn't let you stack your toes on top of each other at will should be labeled as a torture instrument.

Stay strong, brother/sister. *fistbump*
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 775