Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819429 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3360 on: September 22, 2017, 01:18:02 am »

Beans:

+Posterior orchestration
Funnily enough, despite the extreme flatulence they're supposed to cause, I've actually noticed a marked improvement in my digestion since I started eating heaps of baked beans - and they're supposedly the most flatulent of all bean-varieties, right?
I normally just eat kidney beans. Not sure where they are on the fart scale. *shrug*   

New Sad: I can't quite peel apart the layers of my current Bad Mood, but I'm having one of those moments where existing seems like far too much effort.
Not sure how much of this is caused by my tiredness/mild hangover, how much is caused by money worries, how much is caused by relationships, how much is caused by my ever-present anxiety and how much is just my brain chemicals in general fluctuating, but right now I am. Uh. Shit. Just shit. Might go search the library for some mood-suitable books to cheer myself up, but first I will continue trying to force myself to do some exercise and eat something.                                                         

At least I will probably be feeling too miserable to go to the gig I was wanting to attend later. Yay, saving money. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: September 22, 2017, 02:57:38 am »

Meanwhile Prequel finally updated..... And it's a giant flash game that I can't get to load. Ain't Flash wonderful?
It's a bit weird that people still use Flash for major projects like this after Adobe announced the Flash Player to shut down in a couple years.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: September 22, 2017, 06:57:45 am »

On the subject of beans vs beef, some folks (like my mother) cannot metabolise vegetable iron. Which of course means that they have to eat meat (or at least meat based iron supplements) in order to not die from lack of iron to replace lost red cells.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: September 22, 2017, 07:09:09 am »

I would assume all the meat I eat would contain enough iron. My diet's not great, but the doctor didn't even mention it as a possibility.

Allright, without knowing the details its impossible to know... but I would think your doctor hinted at malabsorption as a possibility.

The doctor tells me I'm anemic and have signs of inflammation in my intestines. .

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 07:11:52 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: September 22, 2017, 08:00:10 am »

@itisnotlogical

Could be celiac (ie. You have to eat gluten-free) of all things. That's one source of malabsorption. Actually, that was exactly how I got diagnosed. Went to the doctor's because of an iron efficiency, went out with a diet that I have to stick to for the rest of my life.

Ask him, your average doctor tends to forget about gluten intolerance.

EDIT: Should have read some of the earlier posts. I didn't realize celiac was already mentioned
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 08:04:08 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: September 22, 2017, 05:23:17 pm »

Beans:

+Posterior orchestration
Funnily enough, despite the extreme flatulence they're supposed to cause, I've actually noticed a marked improvement in my digestion since I started eating heaps of baked beans - and they're supposedly the most flatulent of all bean-varieties, right?
I normally just eat kidney beans. Not sure where they are on the fart scale. *shrug*   
...Wow, I've been eating bean-heavy diets so long I kinda forgot about the supposed flatulence.  Maybe if I eat *way* too many black beans, but mostly it's not really a thing.

So I, no joke, interpreted "Posterior orchestration" as "You'll get a nice slim butt"
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: September 22, 2017, 05:45:02 pm »

Yoink is always right about his vegan spiels (correct spelling?)
I've eaten a lot of food and meat isnt actually that tasty. You guys ever just cook meat and just eat that without a sauce/salt/seasoning?
Sure it is good tasting but most people's favorite foods aren't actually unflavoured meats.
To further his point there should be no social standing or self-righteous behavior associated with eating meat and being superior, firstly I highly doubt you killed, skinned, gutted, hung the animal. Bonus points if you do. Secondly what about the killing of a living thinking feeling creature that makes anyone better in social standing. Am I greater than someone who hasn't killed humans if I had done so?
Yoinks right and I only make fun and opposition points because discussion is great and fun.

Then there's the amount of time to digest meat over most vegetables.
Meat is easily given to us and its a great source of immediate energies and fat sure, as a survival thing if you don't have a farm set up and wild edible flora is sparce then yes kill to survive and better yourself in doing so.
But today we just fuck around.. most of us aren't killers and eat meat anyway.

Its pretty sad to say eating meat is a social standing as equally as saying eating beans is.
Do your diet how you want you know... like i do drugs and meditate.. not for all of you, I recommend it but I know you are all individuals but the people who don't eat meat as a choice are right in everyway. (Except tofu)
Industrial farming is bad on lands. The fertilizers run down to water tables then rivers and drown fish blah blah
I grew up on farms, I've hunted, I still eat hunted meat on rare occasions that I do go hunting. I get the appeal.
But vegans win every time. The meat industry is evil
Vegans taste better too  :P
××××××××××××××××××

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: September 22, 2017, 06:20:51 pm »

What I really hate is blanket anti meat people. there are lots of places and situations where its better for the environment and more efficient to raise animals. not to mention there utility and cultural/religious importance. yes corporations are shitty but that's pretty universal, people don't advocate that we stop wearing clothes because of sweat shops.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: September 22, 2017, 06:28:08 pm »

That is a terrible analogy. It's got as many holes ad Jesus.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: September 22, 2017, 06:30:39 pm »

So... four?
Maybe nine?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: September 22, 2017, 06:31:59 pm »

He's much more holy than that.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: September 22, 2017, 06:32:50 pm »

Oh, that kind of holy.
Zero holes it is.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: September 22, 2017, 07:00:29 pm »

What I really hate is blanket anti meat people. there are lots of places and situations where its better for the environment and more efficient to raise animals.
...Are there?  I'm curious what kind of environment is that extreme.  Or even what direction of extreme makes livestock more efficient than, say, greenhouses or hydroponics.
(Also remember there's a difference between hating people, and hating a position :P)
not to mention there utility and cultural/religious importance. yes corporations are shitty but that's pretty universal, people don't advocate that we stop wearing clothes because of sweat shops.
Metaphor aside, religious reasons are fine with me.  Including ritual, consenting cannibalism :P
TVP is a lot more convenient than canned meat though, so I don't grok the utility argument.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: September 22, 2017, 07:10:09 pm »

Mainly the crazy meat is murder super vegan types. admittedly its an extreme but it annoys me to no end.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: September 23, 2017, 04:01:10 am »

Mildly sad: basically everything, playful melodrama is my base internal state and circumstances are certainly helping heh.  But it particularly twinged to finally finish a 4 hour night drive, to see "my" parking space occupied. I haven't moved out just yet... So soon, though...

Also the "minor touchups" apparently involved leaving paint chips on my floors, and... painting my door a new color. Also painting it closed, such that I had to body-check it open. My car feels more private than my apartment after this dang month.

They threw an apology pizza party yesterday but I was washing spiders out of bins heh.

I do enjoy being mildly sad... Not sure if that's sad.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 771