Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 840399 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3615 on: January 16, 2018, 02:58:06 am »

I'm pretty sure that, while gyros may be able to be made with falafel, traditional gyros are definitely meat of some kind.
Uh. I'm not sure how "traditional" falafel kebabs are to begin with, but with fewer and fewer people eating meat gyros had best get with the times if they want to continue to be a thing. :P
Not that they're really a thing here as it is, anyway. No idea whether the one gyro shop I can remember seeing had non-meat options or not.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: January 16, 2018, 05:41:19 am »

Most kebab/gyros joints over here have vegetarian options, sometimes even vegan. I'd imagine how good they actually are varied wildly depending how interested the cooks are in actually making them a vegetarian dish rather than a standard kebab/gyros with the meats removed.

I've basically just had falaffel from street vendors but they usually come in some kind of bread over here. Pretty sure the actual falaffel balls are a dish into unto itself though and isn t necessarily eaten with bread when served on a plate, or at least that's the impression I've gotten from people who eat them at home.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: January 16, 2018, 09:43:38 am »

There was a pretty rad joint around the corner from my old place (where I still often go to visit friends) that offered a wide variety of dishes involving falafels prepared in just about every way imaginable.
I kinda regret never trying anything more adventurous than their (admittedly really good) $5 falafel wraps before they eventually closed down, now.
Speaking of $5 vegan meals, today I learned of some vego restaurant nearer to the city that has just started selling $5 burgers every Monday. :O Pretty keen to try that next w-- wait, shit, I'll be out of town. Well, there's a sad for ya.

In other news, it's past my bedtime already and I need to get up early in the morning for work, and earlier than usual because I have no breakfast supplies and so will need to source some before work, as well as needing to shower and shave... or maybe just shave, in the interests of saving time, I suppose.
Either way I think it might be a two-energy drink kind of day. Blagh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: January 18, 2018, 09:05:58 am »

Double posting 'cause this is really bugging me... something just reminded me of an amusing old commercial (for some sort of soft drink, I believe?) where a guy chats up a bikini babe at the beach, then mid-conversation dives in to rescue beachgoers from some giant scary sea creature and be a hero... only for it to be revealed later that the monster was just the guy's wingman in a costume, but I can't seem to find it on the internets no matter what I search for.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: January 18, 2018, 01:15:41 pm »

Been keeping the dogs separated for four days because the bitch is in heat and the bastard isnt fixed either, mom comes home, lets them out at the same time while shes in the bathroom, they immediately get stuck together, this is just fucking bullshit. I have been going through all this work to prevent having puppies and shes not only too lazy to cooperate but never gets them fixed, and im not even supposed to express any frustration because thats "disrespectful"
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: January 18, 2018, 01:28:09 pm »

Been keeping the dogs separated for four days because the bitch is in heat and the bastard isnt fixed either, mom comes home, lets them out at the same time while shes in the bathroom, they immediately get stuck together, this is just fucking bullshit. I have been going through all this work to prevent having puppies and shes not only too lazy to cooperate but never gets them fixed, and im not even supposed to express any frustration because thats "disrespectful"

If you got one or both fixed you wouldn't have to go through all the work. Unless you think you might breed one of them at some point.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: January 18, 2018, 02:03:32 pm »

Its not disrespect, addressing disagreements is the only way to resolve them.  Otherwise they fester.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: January 18, 2018, 04:00:06 pm »

God do I just obsess over stupid things. I have a coworker at work who is a 60 yr old grandma (in fact all my coworkers are older women that could be my mom or grandma in age), and because our job leaves us with a lot of empty time, I'm trying to recount a story idea I had, both to fill time and also because I'm desperate to get my ideas out of my head because they bounce around endlessly leaving me with no clue if they're even sane ideas or not. Perhaps I'm just being too self-conscious, and perhaps because I'm always too emotionally invested in my own ideas, but I feel all I was doing we being an obnoxious bore. It's not like my puerile story idea would be even vaguely interesting to someone who's older and world-weary anyway, I just can't get it out of my head that I was just being very selfish in that conversation.

It's just one of those weeks where I feel overly sensitive and introspective, and me being so rapt in my thoughts means I'm even more awkward and air-headed, which leads to me beating myself up over it and retreating even further into my introspection and becoming even more sensitive.

It's also my sister's birthday, I'm because of my sleep schedule, I'm just too tired to go to her party, but it's probably for the best, being tired will just make me even further irritable, and noone (barring my sister) will be there that I like, and in fact only tolerate. It's for the best, I'll just be a burden and a liability to the festivity. Though that doesn't stop my mom from guilt tripping me about it, because she needs to borrow my car, but I don't want to even let her touch it because her personal judgment is shit at best, the roads are still slippery, and I *NEED* my car, on pain of death I need it, so letting anything happen to it worries me sick. I gave some money to my Sis, enough to grab a taxi so she can traverse about town and go where she wants to go for her birthday, but I'm still upset about it.

Can't I go for any length of time without just emotionally falling apart?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: January 18, 2018, 05:01:46 pm »

No offense to anybody, but it seems that bay 12 attracts a large amount of people with major problems going on in their lives, like much higher than any of the (admittedly few) forums I've been on... I wonder why that is.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: January 18, 2018, 05:11:54 pm »

I'd imagine it's simply that it's a much more open atmosphere. Toady has kept the place excellently moderated, allowing people to be freer and more individualistic. The only place I can think of with a higher concentration of nutjobs would be www.depressionforums.org that I frequented for a short time, being a nutjob myself. It's also a very nice environment, I would say too nice, to the point of being merely consolatory and unhelpful.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: January 19, 2018, 02:25:43 am »

No offense to anybody, but it seems that bay 12 attracts a large amount of people with major problems going on in their lives, like much higher than any of the (admittedly few) forums I've been on... I wonder why that is.

It's much easier to vent on the vent threads when the people posting here are having the same feelings. And I won't lie, it's kind of nice to hear what other people are going through. Helps me feel more human sometimes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: January 19, 2018, 03:00:55 am »

I unironically agree with the above two posters, which makes me feel a human connection.  In gratitude, I feel the need to post this agreement, so they can feel the connection I did.  It wouldn't be fair otherwise!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: January 20, 2018, 03:10:40 am »

Are you sure most people just don't have major problems going on in their lives and just don't talk about it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: January 20, 2018, 09:23:21 am »

Back in the day I spent a good time reading the lower boards to see how people felt, I think it's an inherent characteristic of humans.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: January 20, 2018, 05:37:56 pm »

Have been sick all day.
Constantly running nose, spontaneous sneezing which hurts most if not all of my joints, itchy throat that makes me cough often..
And then there's the explosive toilet visits because I ate some spicy chicken wings yesterday.
Yeah, today have been quite crappy. (Pun may be somewhat intended.)

I just hope that I can get some sleep tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 775