Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 774

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 837914 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3766 on: March 28, 2018, 09:38:04 am »

Naw.  You can actually play more systems on the PSP than you can on the 3DS, and can do more with it in total.

(A friend of mine has a 3DS that I ordered the 'dreaded' R4 card for some years back. Hooked him up will all the homebrew he could handle. What's he do with it? Use it to watch converted movies on. I was rather disappoint with the homebrew scene for that device at the time. PSP?  You get the awesome POPS emulator straight from SONY. Plays pretty much any PSX title at full speed. There is a GBA emulator that runs very well, several choices for SNES, NES, and Genesis. Emulators for CapCom arcade systems, in addition to MAME-- THere is even an N64 emulator, but the hardware really isn't good enough for any really good titles.nShit, it even has a DosBox port! Wanna play Original Doom or Duke Nukem? Sure! No Prob!  On the 3DS? Just SNES, NES, Genesis, and none of the fancier systems. the PSP already does movies without needing to be specially encoded (It can read MP4 files natively), as well as MP3, if you really wanted to do that... It has a built in shockwave stream based internet radio doohiky, that if you wanted to mess with using a computer (to modify the config files) you could use to do anything from iHeartRadio and pals with... Really, it's a pretty solid little handheld once you open it up from Sony's hamfisted control.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: March 28, 2018, 10:01:28 am »

Drop a psp on concrete twelve times, and see how that works out for you...

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: March 28, 2018, 10:05:00 am »

The PHAT is actually very rugged. The screen is behind a good 1/8 inch thick slab of clear acrylic, and there is significant air gap in the (mostly useless if using custom firmware) UMD drive.

I could probably THROW it at the concrete 12 times, and have it still work.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: March 28, 2018, 02:12:27 pm »

Unrelated but I feel weird about wierd not being a snake anymore.
In a time before time, I had a name.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: March 28, 2018, 02:14:15 pm »

Ditto. It's the weirdest wierd that's weirded me out. Perhaps it's wierd's wyrd to be weird.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: March 28, 2018, 08:07:43 pm »

I can easily put it back you know...

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: March 28, 2018, 09:48:01 pm »

I can easily put it back you know...
Avatar rotate between the mad (weird?) scientist and the bitey noodle?

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: March 28, 2018, 10:01:40 pm »

Danger noodle goes better with his personal text too.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: March 29, 2018, 05:01:43 pm »

God it's been like a week but I need to go this one off my mind to know if I fucked up or not: I'm on the highway on the rightmost lane, a merging zone comes up and I see a car coming in to merge. There's a truck in front of me and cars to my left so I can't really speed up or lane change to make way for him, so I start slowing down. I'm being kind of an asshole to the person behind me but I believe I make a pretty wide berth in front of me, with a lot of space now between me and the truck so the guy can simply speed up and merge right in. Problem being: he doesn't, he slows down at exactly the rate that I'm slowing down, and now I'm caught in a game of reverse chicken where neither one of us wants to speed up, and I wind up blocking his entry to the highway despite my efforts to be nice and let him in.

God I hate being on the Highway, split second decisions like this always pop up and I always feel I'm at fault, and I'm always so tense I feel like the tiniest mistake is going to kill me, and when these mistakes inevitably happen I'm beating myself up over them for fucking months or years after the fact.

I just don't know if I was doing the right thing, I know I'm always getting angry at people on the road being "Nice" and acting in a flattering but stupid way, and I don't know if I was behaving in the same idiotic fashion.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: March 29, 2018, 08:47:31 pm »

Until cars start driving themselves that is going to happen, keep being a responsible driver.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: March 29, 2018, 08:52:27 pm »

To be fair, you should have gone ahead and sped up once it was clear the other guy wasn't going to.

Other than that, and that's pretty minor, it seems like you were probably fine.

It also sounds like you have some serious driving anxiety problems you may want to talk to someone about?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: April 04, 2018, 08:23:51 am »

Good gods I am stressed. Why do I have to leave everything until the last minute in order to get it done?

Edit: my left nostril feels like it is filled with dried mucus, but the exterior is really sore making it impossible to either excavate the boogers or re-arrange them via fingertip pressure.
How aggravating.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 03:46:31 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: April 06, 2018, 12:09:18 pm »

I want to write up something, but god I just can't stand being so melodramatic over every tiny thing anymore. Honestly, it's probably the sad threads that connect me to this forum more than anything, I get so much catharsis from being a bitch, but it's a bad habit. Maybe I should just contact my old therapist, and see if I can't talk to her again, it's been quite a long time now.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: April 06, 2018, 12:35:23 pm »

I want to write up something, but god I just can't stand being so melodramatic over every tiny thing anymore. Honestly, it's probably the sad threads that connect me to this forum more than anything, I get so much catharsis from being a bitch, but it's a bad habit. Maybe I should just contact my old therapist, and see if I can't talk to her again, it's been quite a long time now.
It seems like a good idea if you have someone to talk to. And we don't mind you writing things here. It's what we're here in the sad threads for.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 774