Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 840214 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3915 on: May 15, 2018, 09:21:22 am »

Kinda wish I had an app, linked to a stylish shock collar, that would electrocute me whenever I start drifting off outside of my designated sleeping period.
Goddamn unintentional naps.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: May 16, 2018, 01:07:55 am »

"I'm not kinky, I just want to keep a regular sleep schedule".

Speaking of, it's currently 7:57 AM, and I haven't been able to sleep. Not for lack of trying! I went to bed at the not-entirely-unreasonable time of slightly past 1 AM (didn't need to get up until 10, so I had plenty of time), but I'd once again failed to account for my girlfriend.

Her desktop machine has been running all night. Sounds like a jet engine. She's been fucking around in Sims 3 for the past 11-12 hours or so (and I heard her talking with her mother not long ago about how her call-in temp position had wrecked her sleep schedule, because they called her in to do a night shift once), and her rig (which has a habit of overheating) has been chugging along to keep pace.

The constant, high-pitched drone is one thing, but the start of summer has seen Norway transform into a tropic, and it's been oppressively hot here. Having a fat desktop with heat issues churning away all night doesn't actually help to lower the temperature any.

As such, I've slept... maybe an hour or two. Many, many interruptions, and I don't think I ever quite made it into a deep rhythm. So I feel like even more shit than usual.

EDIT: Aaand I see now that the space heater was left on all night, too. Also not helping the situation.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: May 16, 2018, 03:56:58 am »

I too found it hard to sleep last night, due to the near constant whirring and whining of heavy machinery (likely roadworks) just about audible through my windows and louder than the trains that go by.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: May 16, 2018, 06:05:19 am »

It is extremely peaceful where I live. We're off a seldom used highway near a camping area. At night the only noise is nature and our baby monitor.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: May 16, 2018, 06:43:40 am »

I'm assuming the baby monitor makes noticed as if someone is in the room, singing and lulling to the baby?
Love, scriver~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: May 16, 2018, 07:54:47 am »

It's basically a one way walkie talkie yeah. It's more to let us know if the baby is awake in the night than anything else. Although it would make a pretty good listening device with the right camouflage.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: May 16, 2018, 07:59:03 am »

That was supposed to be "make noice as if", like in a horror movie.
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: May 16, 2018, 08:21:42 am »

I too found it hard to sleep last night, due to the near constant whirring and whining of heavy machinery (likely roadworks) just about audible through my windows and louder than the trains that go by.
Urgh, yeah.  Stupid lawnmowers right outside my place woke me up at 9 yesterday...  After I was up till 6.
They're going again this morning, close enough to be annoying, but didn't wake me up.  That was some chucklehead neighbor at 8AM who honked twice, then three more times, picking someone up.

I swear sound passes straight through this window, ugh.

Yesterday sorta sucked, really.  I couldn't eat anything till 5PM due to nausea (I didn't cook all the meat in time).  My room was a sauna, and I only got a couple hours sleep.  Then my dad's refrigerator broke after all.
Sooo I went and helped, which actually helped me feel better.  I was going to be miserable anyway, it felt good to at least get something productive done.  Moving a truckload of scrap to the recyclery was comforting manual labor.

We had to jumpstart my car at the end, at which point I almost broke down myself, but it's fine.  It was just from us sitting at pokestops and working on my AC (the geniuses who charged so much to get my car "inspection worthy" left AIR in my AC system!??).

Everything's better today.  There's a slight drizzle.  I just hope the lawnmowers stop soon.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: May 16, 2018, 08:33:58 am »

Well duh, it's called Air Conditioning. It conditions the air with more air, which is only conditionally useful.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: May 18, 2018, 08:04:35 am »

God why do I do this to myself? This anxiety is causing me to tense up and feel sick. I didn't even really do anything BAD, I honked my horn at someone this morning, perhaps the first time I've ever honked my horn at anyone, because I thought it was another example of that flattering, impractical niceness on the road that is always causing people to do blitheringly stupid things and my patience broke for a second and I honked at them angrily, then I realized I was the one at fault and I hurried off.

Fuck I feel stupid. I hate myself.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: May 18, 2018, 01:27:32 pm »

I tried to sub to Champions Online and it failed to add my card like 4 times so I called my bank and was like hey guys do you see anything wrong it's declining my stuff and they were like no man no-one has tried to use your card and then after like 15m I realized i had put the same typo in my zip code four times in a row and the bank girl laughed at me.

Good times.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: May 18, 2018, 01:54:42 pm »

A childhood friend (and someone I've referred to as the younger sister I never had) is getting married in Hawaii come July, right around the 4th.

I only just found out about the date a couple days ago, and it looks pretty damn unrealistic that I'll be able to make it. Which makes me sad, because I feel like I'm letting her down. They've both been going through some rough waters recently, and we're not very good about keeping in touch in general.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: May 22, 2018, 05:35:59 pm »

I am already having a phenomenally terrible day and it has only just begun. Obviously, that means it hypothetically has plenty of time left in which to improve, but I very much doubt that will be the case.

I should have just called in sick, but now I've expended the energy to get up and get ready and get lunch etcetera. Maybe my cold will get worse and develop into some debilitating disease and I will never have to work again. One can but hope. :P

Edit: or perhaps things will start looking up once I get stuck into this energy drink. Hmm.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: May 27, 2018, 04:33:51 pm »

The earpods I've been using after my headset fell apart have now finally lost one of their protective coverings, meaning I can only use the left-hand one now (unless I feel like jamming sharp metal objects into my ear canal, of course. Never know when the whim may strike you!).

This is just yet another part of the ongoing saga of me losing all the technological doohickies that make my primary form of recreation, centering and relaxation possible.

As a not-sad-but-still-unfortunate, I've been trying to treat a fairly irritating wart on one of my toes. The adhesive plaster I used to suffocate it, however, has apparently decided to just completely melt the top layer of skin off... And as it turns out, applying salicylic acid to fresh skin is remarkably painful.

Also I apparently need to file tax reports to the USA despite not living in or paying taxes to the USA. Would've been nice to know about that beforehand.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: May 28, 2018, 12:33:47 pm »

So the Champions online support guys are pretty cool. Still a sad.

Anyway I had to get them to link my old account to my new one. Unfortunately they cannot MERGE accounts, they have to overwrite one. This meant I lost a couple characters (low-level, fairly easily replaceable). BUT it turns out that the process erased my game time that I had already paid for. A whole month, 15$. They said they weren't allowed to give me game time even to make up for it, and I said meh, ok.

I logged in to find 30$ of in-game currency waiting for me. So sad that I lost game time and characters but now I can basically buy anything I want on the in-game market.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 775