Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 839359 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #4636 on: October 12, 2018, 10:53:13 pm »

Joe Buck is apparently considered amazeballs by Fox Sports, and now I have to listen to him while “my team” compete in the baseball post-season, and probably whenever “my team” is being covered by Fox in the NFL.

I... I just don’t see it. He’s a bog standard announcer. He’d be alright for radio with how much he points out the obvious, but holy crap he just can’t paint a picture with his words, and I can see what he’s trying to describe. He adds nothing to the experience.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Truncatedurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: October 13, 2018, 08:23:55 pm »

its saturday and I've sat around all day wishing the weekend was over so I could go to school again. but then while at school wish it was the weekend so that I could play DF but while playing DF I would want to hang out with friends but whilst doing that wishing I was at home to play nethack and vice versa.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: October 14, 2018, 05:04:54 am »

I feel like somebody drove a bus into my emotional well-being.   

So many different stresses, worries, discomforts and expectations all stirred together into a broth of general hopelessness.
Also I haven't started on my Halloween costume yet. Shit.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: October 14, 2018, 05:14:54 am »

Also I haven't started on my Halloween costume yet. Shit.
Get a dollar bill sheet and cut eye holes in it. Become the most terrifying looming specter of all; debt and predatory banking.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: October 14, 2018, 05:38:46 am »

Hahaha, a spectre of debt. I love it!
The last costume I came up with already pretty much followed the basic sheet-ghost formula, though. I had considered just getting a bunch of large sheets of paper and going as an envelope for the ultimate Seinfeld reference, but currently I'm thinking I'll try to dress as Otto from The Simpsons.
Booze is Life for Yoink

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: October 14, 2018, 05:39:40 am »

Make sure to bring pretzels. So they can make people thirsty.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #4642 on: October 15, 2018, 04:00:28 pm »

I spent only five minutes on my costume last year. I had a handful of dust and a sign saying "3^^^3", because the best jokes are those that nobody understands. (Bonus points if you get the literary reference.)

For similar reasons, I will be holding one clear box (containing candy) and one opaque box this year. Since I have both cardboard and plastic shoeboxes handy, this will probably take less than a minute.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: October 15, 2018, 06:02:53 pm »

Servers fall, everyone dies.

Server morghulis.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: October 16, 2018, 12:47:25 am »

I can't find that dream I had where I was some shape-changing, possibly robotic alien posing as a pro wrestler in a ruse to abduct folks, and my mind had begun to deteriorate causing me to be decommissioned after my co-worker reported a slip-up of mine.

Pretty sure I posted it in the Dream Thread, or if not there at least the Terrified thread or something, but searching general isn't turning it up. :-\   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: October 16, 2018, 12:54:37 am »

Ugh I hate that feeling so much.  I had a song in my head, almost down to the lyrics, and I was *pretty* sure it was part of a medley by Pentatonix.  Their Daft Punk one specifically.  But it wasn't, and listening to it completely destroyed and replaced the tune in my head.

I've been listening to some unrelated swing megamix for a while now, so the pangs are mostly gone, but it was super frustrating for a while.
Even though it doesn't matter at all, except that it did for some reason!  Urgh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: October 17, 2018, 02:30:57 pm »

I spent only five minutes on my costume last year. I had a handful of dust and a sign saying "3^^^3", because the best jokes are those that nobody understands. (Bonus points if you get the literary reference.)

For similar reasons, I will be holding one clear box (containing candy) and one opaque box this year. Since I have both cardboard and plastic shoeboxes handy, this will probably take less than a minute.
I'm sorry to inform you that I got both of them.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: October 17, 2018, 03:19:40 pm »

Brandishing is a huge no-no and actually qualifies for a very serious felony in USA and is grounds for defending yourself from the brandishee with lethal force. Any gun owner with a half a brain knows you don't unholster a firearm without a serious threat to human life present. I wouldn't even take mine out for a robbery or car jacking as long as no one was in immediate and imminent danger. Most criminals prefer to steal your shit and run anyway.

Unless they're a cop. It's pretty normal around here for cops to threaten you with a gun for little to no reason, but I currently live in the southern US. The worst a cop will get for killing you is having to get a job in another town, and they know it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: October 17, 2018, 04:42:16 pm »

Had a remarkably well-mannered therapy appointment today (ever had couples counseling? Imagine that, but with your parents instead of your partner), albeit one that ultimately left me feeling like nothing actually had changed or would change in the future. Despite that, managed to have a very pleasant evening with my folks.

Then I took the hour-fifteen train ride back home and managed to get inside while my girlfriend was out walking the dogs. Within twenty seconds of her entering the apartment, it was made clear that I had committed an extremely fucking grave sin.

Her: "Oh great, you took my hanger."
Me: "Hmm? Oh, did I put my jacket on the wrong hanger?"
Her: "Yes." *shuffling and grumbling*
Me: "Oops. Well, then there's an extra hanger in there, since I took my jacket off of one when I left."
Her: *Huff* "No, there isn't."

I get up, come over, and remove my jacket from her hanger and put it back on the other hanger, which was about 4 jackets down from the one I'd mistakenly used.

Her: "Great. Whatever. Can I get past? You're in the way."

Oh well. I know I'm doomed to always fuck something up, but I'm just surprised at my own alacrity in the matter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: October 17, 2018, 05:32:33 pm »

I’m going to say that was all her. One would assume she wanted you to do something in that situation, perhaps reading her mind that something else was bothering but her.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 775