Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 774

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 837643 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5100 on: December 22, 2018, 11:28:45 am »

My red-white-and-blue women's one-piece has nothing to do with justice, after all.

Also, Wonder Woman is not American, and is less concerned with the 5th amendment and more 100% kicking the shit out of evil. Wonder Woman, for instance, does not have a no kill rule.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: December 22, 2018, 11:44:13 am »

I didn't really care for Wonder Woman. I think my main problem with it was just how much it got praised by others, particularly for the strength of Wonder Woman as a female lead and role model.

My problem with Wonder Woman (I never watched the movie I'm just talking in general) is that her super power is being able to break the 5th Amendment at will. That is, she can force people to testify against themselves. You'd think a hero wearing a red/white/blue American flag one-piece wouldn't be a living corruption of the spirit of justice.

What the actual living fuck?  You think your national colours (also the national colours of a tonne of other places) represent justice and liberty?  I generally have a modest-to-reasonable opinion of you, but you have shown yourself to be the most foolish of posters (excepting GoblinCookie, of course).
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: December 22, 2018, 12:02:51 pm »

I didn't really care for Wonder Woman. I think my main problem with it was just how much it got praised by others, particularly for the strength of Wonder Woman as a female lead and role model.

My problem with Wonder Woman (I never watched the movie I'm just talking in general) is that her super power is being able to break the 5th Amendment at will. That is, she can force people to testify against themselves. You'd think a hero wearing a red/white/blue American flag one-piece wouldn't be a living corruption of the spirit of justice.

What the actual living fuck?  You think your national colours (also the national colours of a tonne of other places) represent justice and liberty?  I generally have a modest-to-reasonable opinion of you, but you have shown yourself to be the most foolish of posters (excepting GoblinCookie, of course).

Wow, so woke, much edge.

Pretending you don't understand context makes you obtuse, not clever.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: December 22, 2018, 01:15:09 pm »

Superheroes are just the bogeymen we've convinced ourselves are on our side.

My mild sad: the kinda logic my subconscious seems to perpetuate... "oh, you only have a couple more days off and your housemates away, better stay up all night to make the most of it". Ugh. I can't really do words good right now but I'm sure you get the idea. I just procrastinate harder than ever right when I have the best chance to get things done.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: December 22, 2018, 01:19:12 pm »

Superheroes are just the bogeymen we've convinced ourselves are on our side.
Who watches the watchmen?

Who gives soup to superman?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: December 22, 2018, 01:32:21 pm »

Who thingies the Thing?   
Who flashes the Flash?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: December 22, 2018, 01:41:58 pm »

Who thingies the Thing?   
Who flashes the Flash?   

First off all, that's pretty great.

Second of all, costumes don't make vigilantes into heroes in real life, this is true. I think my favorite piece on the concept of superheroes is that all of them have the same, and most powerful ability: certainty. Batman never jumps a suspicious guy in an alley and it turns out they had paintball guns and didn't deserve to be beaten into crippling injury. Superman never accidentally punches Lex Luthor's killer robot through a daycare. Etc.

But that clear dichotomy is also, of course, part of the fantasy.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: December 22, 2018, 03:13:05 pm »

I realized I exhibit hypervigilance.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: December 22, 2018, 03:33:06 pm »

You know those times when it'd be really nice to have a bucket, but you don't have a bucket?

This is one of those times.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: December 22, 2018, 03:34:08 pm »

You know those times when it'd be really nice to have a bucket, but you don't have a bucket?

So, why are you vomiting today?
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: December 22, 2018, 06:07:40 pm »

I have eight buckets with lids.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: December 22, 2018, 06:23:34 pm »

I have eight buckets with lids.
5 or 10 gallon?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: December 22, 2018, 06:30:50 pm »

Ten gallon. They were free. I have no use for them. I gave away 11 last week cuz seriously how many fucking buckets do I need.
He's fucking with us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: December 22, 2018, 07:12:37 pm »

About 1 for every 10 dwarves, give or take.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: December 22, 2018, 07:24:31 pm »

Realizing im turning 26 next week and suddenly i remember two things; one, Ive been single for yet another damn year, and two, this year i have to pay for my own damn insurance, and my boss never got back to me about getting on the company health insurance plan.

And car insurance. I count as a young adult, so im "risky" right? Im gonna have to pay a fuckton.
But i dont get a raise, and im already broke at the end of each month. Which means i will have to drive without insurance. So if i get pulled over, im fucked.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 774