Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 417

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly sad today thread  (Read 239619 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5520 on: February 06, 2019, 09:44:09 am »

My local supermarkets don't give bags unless you pay for 'em. They're... whores? ???

On a more serious note fuck my sleep schedule and all the stupid worries and obligations that conspire to wreck any attempt at ever improving it.
I got home from work today and just... collapsed onto the bed. Napped the afternoon away, accomplished nothing, feel more tired than ever - you know the drill.
At least I just have a little bit of hassle tomorrow and then it's the weeke- aw, shit, my birthday is on the weekend. Hnng. Well, at least payday is also this weekend so there's one silver lining.

Sorry if this didn't make sense at all. I'm dozing off here.
Also I didn't brush my teeth, let alone floss and all that tonight. My housemates were already in bed before I could muster up the motivation to do any such thing and I tend to be irrationally paranoid about disturbing them.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: February 06, 2019, 12:38:56 pm »

Boo, why is my office have to be so cold all the time.   >:(
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: February 08, 2019, 10:58:55 am »

I seem to have fucked up with eyeballing my pill stash... I'd apparently been keeping around an empty prescription box after taking the last sheet of meds out of it, and I only just realized that today when I needed another dose and reached into the empty box.

Local pharmacist of course doesn't have that medicine on hand, but luckily their supplier does. So I only have to wait until Tuesday before I can restock.

That's just, what... 8 missed doses? Not so bad, really. Dumbass.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: February 08, 2019, 11:04:12 pm »

Had to admit that yet another project is beyond me, in terms of skill, in terms of resources, and in terms of how much time I actually have available to spend on it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: February 09, 2019, 01:27:18 pm »

It's remarkably demotivating to watch someone fall asleep almost as soon as you start a sentence.

She woke up a few seconds later and had no recollection of anything that happened, assumed that I'd said whatever it was that I was going to say (I stopped talking as soon as I noticed that her blink was going to last a bit longer than usual), and carried on her merry way without a care.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: February 09, 2019, 08:01:57 pm »

It's remarkably demotivating to watch someone fall asleep almost as soon as you start a sentence.

She woke up a few seconds later and had no recollection of anything that happened, assumed that I'd said whatever it was that I was going to say (I stopped talking as soon as I noticed that her blink was going to last a bit longer than usual), and carried on her merry way without a care.
With great power comes great responsability. From now on you shall be known as... Borepheus, Master of Sleep!
I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: February 09, 2019, 08:07:31 pm »

Maybe I haven't been doing as much intensive walking as I used to do, but my calves seem noticeably skinnier than I remember them being last time I looked.
Possibly enough to make me self-conscious about these shorts I'd planned on wearing today.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Naxza

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanderer of Broken Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: February 09, 2019, 09:58:34 pm »

Yoink, I literally can't think of a single time I've gone out and thought 'gee, he/she has skinny calves.' particularly if they're not horribly disproportionate with the rest of you, namely, 'bench pressing 400lb but has no leg day.' fukkin' go get 'em m8, don't short yourself, get a leg up on the competition

I feel you, though, 'cuz I'm hella hairy from the lower half down and always worry that my sasquatch legs are gonna draw attention, so I don't really have shorts in my wardrobe. I'm halfway to being a satyr, I tell ya, wine and deviancy and all.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: February 09, 2019, 10:28:38 pm »

Fair point, yeah the rest of me is fairly skinny as well, I doubt anyone but myself would notice. Also it's less obvious now that I have shoes on. Weird.
The patches where my leg hair has vanished is probably a bigger issue. >.>

I hope your drunken mythological revelry in the land of the kiwi bird is going well!
Booze is Life for Yoink

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: February 11, 2019, 09:27:07 am »

A while back I asked out a girl at work and she said no.  That's not really the sad, the sad is that it seems to have really put a damper on our friendship.  I don't... think I did anything wrong?  I think this might just be her being slightly young and immature?  And being uncomfortable with a male friend thinking she's hot.  Which... to be clear, I didn't talk about her appearance, if she thinks that its coming from her (although I do think she's hot).  And also she's a fellow liberal arts student in a creative field, and learning web design on the side... okay it is a little sad she said no.

When I say young I mean I'm 25 and she's... I don't actually know, at least 20 for sure.  I have a habit of parsing all young adults as the same age so I forget how much people mature during that period.  I mean if were both 25+ one of us asking the other out shouldn't end a friendship... right?  Finding someone attractive is a compliment by default and its only creepy if you make it creepy, is how I look at it.  I know I've met some gay guys who were obviously into me and all that did was brighten my day.

Maybe I haven't been doing as much intensive walking as I used to do, but my calves seem noticeably skinnier than I remember them being last time I looked.
Possibly enough to make me self-conscious about these shorts I'd planned on wearing today.
You ever stared at yourself in a mirror for a few minutes until you start noticing every stray facial hair and zit and suddenly you're ugly as hell?  Something I've learned: no one pays that much attention to anyone, except themselves.  If you want to know what you look like to other people, stand in a full body mirror, look at yourself for 5 seconds and then look away and try to remember what you saw.  If you do that and you aren't certain if your calves are thin or not, your calves are fine.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: February 11, 2019, 09:31:57 am »

I just look in the mirror and see how tired and fed up I am.

I try to avoid mirrors.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: February 11, 2019, 10:17:58 am »

After tossing and turning for hours last night, I finally fell asleep. Even if I had fallen asleep right away it wouldn't be enough, but anything was welcome.

As soon as I started dreaming, my dream-self immediately put their hand on a burning candle. I was startled awake less than a minute after falling asleep.

Thanks, brain.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: February 11, 2019, 10:44:59 am »

My housemate is putting his dog down today, heart problems got a lot worse.  The dog is a good dog, but quite old.  I'm much more worried about my housemate.  He acts like it's fine, and he did grow up on a farm, but... well, yeah.
I should probably feel sad too, I've walked the dog a lot over the past year, but I kinda don't.  Maybe later, emphasis on maybe though.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: February 11, 2019, 01:06:35 pm »

My housemate is putting his dog down today, heart problems got a lot worse.  The dog is a good dog, but quite old.  I'm much more worried about my housemate.  He acts like it's fine, and he did grow up on a farm, but... well, yeah.
I should probably feel sad too, I've walked the dog a lot over the past year, but I kinda don't.  Maybe later, emphasis on maybe though.

Maybe your friend is like me. When I had to get my cat put down last summer (He was like, 13 or 14) it was because he apparently suffered a pretty bad stroke. He was with my parents at the time since my apartment didn't allow animals and he was diabetic. It was harder to see him suffer than to lose him, as much as I still miss the giant ball of fur.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5534 on: February 12, 2019, 02:48:52 am »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Tu jee, veerey / Toofano se lad ke [Fight, brave one / Fight those internal storms and]
Tu jeet, veerey / Zakhmo se bhid kar bhi tu [Win, brave one / Weather those wounds and]
Firse uthega yaara [Rise once again]

Mel lives again! Fight monsters; fight crime; fight compound interest...
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 417