Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 850191 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5550 on: March 18, 2019, 01:57:35 am »

Well, yeah, do that in someone else's bed.
That way you don't need to change the sheets, like... ever.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: March 18, 2019, 02:02:13 am »

Well, yeah, do that in someone else's bed.
That way you don't need to change the sheets, like... ever.
That's a better life hack than most of the crap floating around on Youtube, to be fair.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: March 18, 2019, 03:03:52 am »

In the forgotten days of 2002, there was a flash game called Drakojan Skies. It featured space ships and dragons battling side-by-side on the fictional world of Ethonia. It was a rarity in that it was a flash game that not only worked and was beatable, but looked and sounded good and featured new gameplay with every installment. Much as Star Wars had in the past, it inspired in me a new love of science fantasy, as well as a taste for power metal that continues today. There was always a promise of something else, a greater talent that through misfortune was being wasted on Flash portals. As I grew up and drifted away from sites like Newgrounds though, I somehow lost touch.

Today however I learn that there was a 2013 continuation, as well as a whole new property planned by the same creator, the mysterious M. Wenhoff, alias OmegaDragon3000. However, almost all content relating to Drakojan Skies was wiped from the Internet sometime in 2014, apparently by Wenhoff himself. All the movies, all the games, all the art, Adregalus.net, Facebook, DeviantArt, Newgrounds; it's all gone except for what WebArchive saved, and some sites that presumably don't allow you to remove content. The 2013 reboot, which was available by download only, I can only assume to be lost forever.

Despite my love, Drakojan Skies was not as big as I thought it was. There's some gameplay footage on YouTube, and exactly one person (like myself) wondering where he went on the Newgrounds forum. The final reply in that thread: "No one cares."

Who were you and where are you now, M. Wenhoff? You had the vision to make a game and the talent to see it through, but either lacked the wherewithall to market yourself effectively or just suffered from the bad luck of not being discovered. What remains of the MIU.SIM project? Where are the other 7 parts of the episodic 2013 reboot? In an alternate timeline, could I possibly learn why the Earth Defense Forces bombed an innocent dragon nest, claiming it was the enemy?

Unless something changes or time travel is invented, I have to assume all these questions will remain unanswered forever. And that upsets me a lot.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: March 18, 2019, 03:34:12 am »

To me, Drakojan Skies is lucky; there's still info out there saying that it existed. There are almost certainly other games that now only exist in the memories of the people who played them.

Going on a bit of a tangent here, I'd say that the majority of things that had a presence on the internet have been lost to time, mostly by not having enough of an audience to be meaningfully archived, but how do you show that something is lost if all relevant info has been removed?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: March 18, 2019, 07:40:42 pm »

Last night was one of the dumbest wastes of time and money in my life, holy shit. There were some good moments, but definitely not to the tune of... *checks* ...a hundred bucks. Fuck.

Some of that might actually be refunded at some point (long story) but still, I suck.

Edit: now I'm hungry but I gotta stay in this waiting room.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 11:15:13 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: March 19, 2019, 11:38:29 am »

I had a band-aid on my arm yesterday. Today I tried to take it off and it literally ripped a hole in my skin, right in the middle of the adhesive. It's oozing clear and not blood so it isn't very deep, but it still hurt like hell and now I have to put another bandaid on in pretty much the same spot.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: March 19, 2019, 12:01:22 pm »

and now I have to put another bandaid on in pretty much the same spot.
That's how they getcha!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5557 on: March 19, 2019, 05:44:22 pm »

Not a sad, more like "thing that makes me hyperventilate and feel shaken every time I think of it", much earlier in my driving career I almost ran head on into an oncoming car at high speed when passing, and every time I remember it I think "Fuck I ALMOST died right there, and I would've killed someone with me."

I would double up on all my other involuntary cringey memories if it meant forgetting that one.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5558 on: March 19, 2019, 07:18:47 pm »

I'm doing the wrong goddamn thing and I'm massively pissed off about it.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5559 on: March 19, 2019, 10:41:12 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 11:49:32 am by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5560 on: March 20, 2019, 05:15:28 am »

I'm concerned that I'm starting to develop feelings for a friend of mine. Which is a bad idea on multiple different levels, not least of which being the fact that I'm already in a long-term relationship.

And it's pissing me off, because this is exactly what I was not going to do.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: March 20, 2019, 06:14:00 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 11:49:36 am by dragdeler »
let

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: March 20, 2019, 06:14:35 am »

I'm concerned that I'm starting to develop feelings for a friend of mine. Which is a bad idea on multiple different levels, not least of which being the fact that I'm already in a long-term relationship.

And it's pissing me off, because this is exactly what I was not going to do.

This is why I want to replace a few parts of my brain with computer bits. Because biology can't be trusted to not go, "Yeah, I totally am catching feels for that person it will ruin my life to have feels for."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: March 20, 2019, 06:19:00 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 11:49:40 am by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: March 20, 2019, 07:08:51 am »

I too have been developing feelings for a friend lately. I feel it might be returned in turn, but I'm too worried I'm just unused to receiving attention/that she is just unusually friendly to do anything about it.

sigh
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 775