Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 417

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly sad today thread  (Read 239275 times)

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5565 on: February 17, 2019, 07:13:03 pm »

Then you already know All.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: February 17, 2019, 07:29:02 pm »

Then you already know All.
well said, fellow grishite
thincake

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: February 17, 2019, 08:16:27 pm »

fukken pointless anxiety aaaa

brain says 'panic, everything is wrong' but i ask brain 'what exactly is wrong about everything' and it's all 'reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'

I realize that a baseless anxiety feeding into fear of where I'm at and where I will be have probably driven my compulsion to avoid commitment and that I won't be happy with where I'm at, wherever I happen to be or whatever I happen to be doing, until I either distract myself from it or find some way to handle it.

I did leave to get away from the phantasms of my old life and relationship, and that worked to a point, except that while the place is different, I'm still the same, and many of those same ghosts haunt not my old apartment and sleepy town, but me. I can't run away from me.

Me is my own worst enemy, I s'pose.

In happier sad news, I realize that, romantically speaking, I might maybe be becoming my dad. Mom helpfully overshared that he has a thing for high boots, I've inherited the thing for thigh-high socks, my date is a little hapless when it comes to cooking, Dad did all the cooking back home, as probably will I, his favorite band is Depeche Mode, they're one of mine too, guess what's put on as things get spicy, etc etc.

Real awkward, it's not helping my psyche at all even though things are smooth sailing with the kiwi gal. It's funny, really, but just unshakeably awkward. Pointlessly frantic brain needs something to dig into, right?

long socks are the bee's knees, as it were. I too indulge in them.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: February 17, 2019, 08:38:18 pm »

grisha5

On-topic: this gingivitis business really sucks. Sucks most of the fun out of drunken make-out sessions, that is. Nerve-wracking stuff.
Hopefully I can improve it before too long.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • A big guy, for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: February 17, 2019, 08:46:10 pm »

grisha5

On-topic: this gingivitis business really sucks. Sucks most of the fun out of drunken make-out sessions, that is. Nerve-wracking stuff.
Hopefully I can improve it before too long.
Mike Mahan has gingivitis
Bay12: Where a discussion about a man's anus manage to be Lovecraftian.
you sir, deserve a medal. this is the dawn of a new age of child trauma.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • Never stabs friends, promise!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: February 18, 2019, 01:15:32 am »

This disease is kicking my ass. I cant cough without a bowel movement. Im doing lots of both. Along with every inch of my body being sore and i just ran out of nyquil. This is the end.
"THEN CAME TOBNOM, ASS-GOD".
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5571 on: February 18, 2019, 04:21:53 am »

I haven't been on this site in, like, two years or something like that. It's kind of sad, because now I can't remember jack about anything or anyone except grisha5.

Well welcome back. You may not remember us, but we remember you.

There's a guy in my honours class with some kind of speech impediment/disability. I don't especially mind or anything and I don't dislike the guy, but he has no volume control and a habit of talking to himself. It's generally fine, but if I'm ticked off about something else already and/or feeling more autistic than usual the noise drives me insane.

Also, it makes it really hard for me to tell if he's talking to me and then I just feel bad. I do badly enough with speech sometimes as it is.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Tu jee, veerey / Toofano se lad ke [Fight, brave one / Fight those internal storms and]
Tu jeet, veerey / Zakhmo se bhid kar bhi tu [Win, brave one / Weather those wounds and]
Firse uthega yaara [Rise once again]

Mel lives again! Fight monsters; fight crime; fight compound interest...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: February 18, 2019, 04:31:20 am »

Mike Mahan has gingivitis
Who dat? Some CEO guy?
Well yeah, filthy rich folks can generally get away with plenty of gross physical characteristics. Certainly some a lot worse than trench mouth. :P

I feel like a shitload of money would solve at least a few of my problems, and make me better able to distract myself from the rest. Of course, I'm sure that in no time at all I would accumulate a new host of rich-people problems to replace them.
I'd probably never leave my opulent mansion and go gradually insane with only my high-tech roboservants to talk to.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • I have a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: February 18, 2019, 04:49:10 am »

I remember seeing a thing about a very rich man with so much social insecurity that he didn't even want to see his own servants. For example, he had a lift installed in the middle of his second floor (where he lived) dining room so that the servants could make the table on the first floor and then just raise it up to him when ready. That way he didn't have to interact with any of them.
Love, scriver~

Naxza

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanderer of Broken Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: February 18, 2019, 06:05:46 am »

The way they hug soft thighs and draw the eyes to hips like the rolling hills of back home. Hot damn. I'm not sure if that's to how you were referring to your long socks, but that's what I like about 'em. That's probably enough about that, though.

Welcome back, Adragis, sorry I never knew ye (did you go by another name?), but it's never too late to start a new history!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: February 18, 2019, 09:21:37 am »

Pfft, hills in Wisconsin are weaksauce.

Thigh highs are good though. Stripy ones espesh.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: February 18, 2019, 12:02:47 pm »

Bluh. I've got a meeting tomorrow with the rest of the rejects, I need to get my ass out to buy breakfast foods this evening, there's a trans chick who seems to have caught feelings for me and I need to handle the new attention in a responsible way, I've completely forgotten whatever homework I had from my shrink, my parents are trying to get an answer out of me for flight dates for me to come visit them come March/April, and of course it's tax season which means I need to figure out how to do that and then do it.

But first, lemme lie in bed all day feeling sorry for myself.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: February 18, 2019, 01:44:30 pm »

The way they hug soft thighs and draw the eyes to hips like the rolling hills of back home. Hot damn. I'm not sure if that's to how you were referring to your long socks, but that's what I like about 'em. That's probably enough about that, though.

Welcome back, Adragis, sorry I never knew ye (did you go by another name?), but it's never too late to start a new history!

Man, anything thigh-high and up really tickles my goats. Especially striped.

As for a minor sad to stay partly ontopic, the final piece of a new computer build got lost in the snowstorms I experienced last week. It was the case. My new one should be in today, but I'm still sitting on my old PC and the delay has taken away any motivation to do anything on it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: February 18, 2019, 02:00:43 pm »

-
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 07:49:15 am by JoshuaFH »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: February 21, 2019, 03:06:29 am »

I don't know what I did, but I broke Unity. It crashes whenever I try to test a scene after editing it. Until Unity either gets back to me with a fix, or I fix the problem on my own, or it mysteriously resolves itself, I can't work on my project. Arrgh.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 417