Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 839766 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5565 on: March 20, 2019, 10:51:19 am »

I too have been developing feelings for a friend lately. I feel it might be returned in turn, but I'm too worried I'm just unused to receiving attention/that she is just unusually friendly to do anything about it.

sigh
Honestly, it may be best just to talk about it, if you're not in a relationship. With her, to be clear. Or with a non gossipy friend.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: March 20, 2019, 10:58:51 am »

Today was supposed to be my last chemotherapy but I caught a cold over the weekend so they decided to delay it a week. It's a bad idea to lower your immune system when you're already sick, doctors gotta doctor, but I was looking forward to being done with it. Prednisone is the nastiest medicine I have ever taken.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: March 20, 2019, 01:59:46 pm »

I too have been developing feelings for a friend lately. I feel it might be returned in turn, but I'm too worried I'm just unused to receiving attention/that she is just unusually friendly to do anything about it.

I too remember these feelings, and have them on a normal, regular basis. I am glad we are all healthy people who don't hide from the world to avoid a spiral of anxiety, depression, and failure.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: March 20, 2019, 03:06:37 pm »

Known many people on Prednisone, all of them have nothing but horror stories.

Hope you get better soon :(
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: March 20, 2019, 03:07:35 pm »

Doctor humor: "You may experience some slight nausea"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: March 20, 2019, 03:52:17 pm »

I too remember these feelings, and have them on a normal, regular basis. I am glad we are all healthy people who don't hide from the world to avoid a spiral of anxiety, depression, and failure.
I love all my friends, some of them platonically!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: March 20, 2019, 03:55:57 pm »

To me, Drakojan Skies is lucky; there's still info out there saying that it existed. There are almost certainly other games that now only exist in the memories of the people who played them.

Going on a bit of a tangent here, I'd say that the majority of things that had a presence on the internet have been lost to time, mostly by not having enough of an audience to be meaningfully archived, but how do you show that something is lost if all relevant info has been removed?
I can tell you about one: Post Mortem. You played a murdered executive of a company. I dont recall the details and I did not get far enough in the story. I remember the music, composed by the game maker's brother.
I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few that remembers this thing
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: March 21, 2019, 01:13:27 pm »

Known many people on Prednisone, all of them have nothing but horror stories.

Hope you get better soon :(
I just started it Monday, no real issues so far. Other than the screaming agony that is my right leg. Apparently my body is trying to strangle my sciatic nerve going down into my right leg. Or, as I learned today, my spine may be growing into the nerve. Which would require costly tests and costly surgery and costly hospitalization. And almost certainly require me to go on income-reducing disability while I recover (fuck, I'm almost ready to go on it now...can barely focus enough to write emails).

Fuck my body, fuck the US healthcare system, and fuck the concept of money in general.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: March 22, 2019, 11:12:51 am »

I heard the excellent phrase "nightmare tube" to describe the state of one's body recently. That's a good description. I live inside a nightmare tube that can't handle dairy or stress very well.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: March 22, 2019, 01:55:17 pm »

It seems that the cosmos does not want me to leave this place. I tried registering an account to apply for rental listings yesterday, but the system refused to send any verification emails to my email address. So the account never got set up.

I talked with a tech rep for a while, couldn't get anything worked out, they then said that there had been similar issues reported and they were working on it. Late last night I saw 5 verification emails tick in to my account, but the links they included were expired/unusable.

"Oh well, at least they fixed the system now!" I thought.

Tried again today.

Still won't send me any verification emails.

Guess I'm stuck here.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: March 22, 2019, 06:01:18 pm »

It seems that the cosmos does not want me to leave this place. I tried registering an account to apply for rental listings yesterday, but the system refused to send any verification emails to my email address. So the account never got set up.

I talked with a tech rep for a while, couldn't get anything worked out, they then said that there had been similar issues reported and they were working on it. Late last night I saw 5 verification emails tick in to my account, but the links they included were expired/unusable.

"Oh well, at least they fixed the system now!" I thought.

Tried again today.

Still won't send me any verification emails.

Guess I'm stuck here.
Hey, kagus. Could you try calling them directly? It may wotk faster, especially if you mention previous issues.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: March 22, 2019, 07:41:48 pm »

I was in an IM chat with one of their reps. The issue got resolved, and then it came back. It's apparently been a system-wide fuckup that they're trying to deal with, and there's not a whole lot I can do except wait and hope that they fix it. Again.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: March 22, 2019, 09:53:09 pm »

Tired, broke, hungover, a little under the weather and I just got home from seeing my shrink.
I am lying on my bed, but it feels as though I've just been washed ashore from a choppy sea of stress and strain.

Also I have things to do. Things both needed, wanted and all of the above.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: March 22, 2019, 11:54:22 pm »

My back is all kinds of fucked up. There's a huge knotted muscle just above my butt, I wake up with my left leg numb and tingling, and I spend all day with pain shooting up and down from my toes to the knot. The universe can't let me spend too long being healthy, or I might start enjoying myself or *gasp* furthering my interests.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: March 23, 2019, 06:19:44 am »

My back is all kinds of fucked up. There's a huge knotted muscle just above my butt, I wake up with my left leg numb and tingling, and I spend all day with pain shooting up and down from my toes to the knot. The universe can't let me spend too long being healthy, or I might start enjoying myself or *gasp* furthering my interests.

I'm in a similar boat. A huge knot in my upper right gap between my spine and scapula. With my job, that's a problem.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 775