Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819617 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5595 on: March 27, 2019, 06:10:42 am »

I'm pretty sure I'm more psychologically messed up than I realised. Like, I'm not suffering PTSD, depression (anymore, thank fuck. Hopefully it stays away) or anything like that, but I thought I was relatively OK. In actuality after thinking on it, I think I may have some perfectionism issues with regards to certain things (though what seems to be randomly spattered about) and possibly a slight degree of impostor syndrome, as well as some general trust issues.

I mean, I don't know how severe these issues are, but that all sounds pretty standard. Or perhaps I'm more messed up than I thought :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: March 27, 2019, 09:50:57 am »

Got a new headset with only one audiojack, but Win10 thinks that there's no mic, only headphones. Note that Win7 recognizes the headset's mic.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: March 27, 2019, 10:09:16 am »

My phome's alarm just doesn't ring sometimes. It's set for the correct time, the volume is up, it's plugged in and the battery is charged. It just doesn't ring sometimes. I love how most of the things I use in my life just don't work sometimes.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 10:10:47 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: March 27, 2019, 05:11:18 pm »

I'm out of shirts, save for a button-up in the back of the shirt drawer. GF is in charge of laundry and has more clothes than I do, so I'll have to wait. Might have to do a few re-uses of a couple old ones so I can at least keep the button-up clean until Sunday, when I've got another viewing.

In the meantime though, I'm gonna make sure to tear myself to pieces over having caught feelings for someone I can't even begin to get rejected by until I'm finished moving out. Man's gotta have a hobby.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: March 27, 2019, 05:46:48 pm »

Is... is re-wearing clothes not normal for you? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: March 27, 2019, 05:47:13 pm »

I do it. I'm doing it right now.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: March 27, 2019, 05:48:52 pm »

Well yeah, so does everyone. Apart from Kagus, apparently.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: March 27, 2019, 05:50:37 pm »

I use shirts for 3-5 days in a row, depending on how much I sweat. Which tends to be a bit on the "profuse" side.

All of my shirts have been through that process now. It's been a couple months since the last laundry day.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: March 27, 2019, 06:03:38 pm »

This. I wear jeans and depending on weather/workload, undershirts several times. Jeans are like white collar criminals, clean even when proven dirty.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: March 27, 2019, 07:24:02 pm »

This. I wear jeans and depending on weather/workload, undershirts several times. Jeans are like white collar criminals, clean even when proven dirty.

Jeans do not need to be washed unless specific, known amounts of filth are added to them. It's a fact of life.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: March 28, 2019, 05:14:04 am »

It's been a couple months since the last laundry day.
How large is your washing machine, even? If both you and she have months' worth of dirty laundry, surely you can get a machine-ful of clothes washed and still have some left over for the "official" laundry day she's in charge of?

Or, you know, communicate. Explain that you don't have enough clean clothes so someone needs to do laundry, even if she still has some clean clothes. It's not like laundry can't be done before every single piece of clothing in the household is dirty.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: March 28, 2019, 05:27:05 am »

We don't have a washing machine, there's a communal laundromat in the basement of the apartment complex (we're on the 3rd floor, as an aside). Each wash or dry cycle (on the machines that actually work) is I think somewhere around $3, payable only via a special charge-card that can only be loaded up using cash handed to the superintendent on one of the days when he's around and has time to process the transaction (generally needs to be arranged ahead of time). They're industrial size though, so you can fit a remarkable amount of clothes in there, and we need to use two anyways because of lights/colors.

I actually did make the mistake of mentioning that I was running out of clean clothes once, a year or two ago. "Why don't you just do it if you need it right away?" was the response, despite having been shown the workings of the machines a whole once back in the beginning of our living together, and also the fact that I don't have the card. And fuck if I know all of the settings that her clothes need.

I'm going to assume that the card exists somewhere in the apartment rather than being on her person at all times, but I legitimately don't know. I suppose I could look for it when she's not here, as she hates it when I go looking for things and don't immediately find the thing... "Why don't you just ask me?", but whenever I ask she rolls her eyes at me for not knowing where whatever it is obviously resides.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: March 28, 2019, 07:40:29 am »

Unrelated sad: I had some strange, entertaining dreams last night but I didn't get around to recording them. Damn.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: March 28, 2019, 01:48:19 pm »

Not exactly sad but I'm quietly not enjoying it. I have only drank beer the last two days, and only three or less. I also did not start drinking today until 2pm.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: March 28, 2019, 03:30:11 pm »

Not exactly sad but I'm quietly not enjoying it. I have only drank beer the last two days, and only three or less. I also did not start drinking today until 2pm.
Damn, that's good progress.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 771