Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 772

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 820214 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5820 on: May 10, 2019, 01:56:25 am »

So it turns out that another YouTube person I was a fan of is actually terrible.

It's only a matter of time before it turns out that the rest of the people I subscribe to are actually involved in human trafficking or poached ivory or drug cartels.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: May 10, 2019, 07:09:36 am »

Who's the terrible one?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: May 10, 2019, 08:00:15 am »

ProJared, unless the timing is just super coincidental and two awful people revealed themselves at the same time. The meme community is going wild.

He's not a nobody either - he had Nintendo's Reggie in a video and was in an ad for some game or another.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: May 10, 2019, 08:49:36 am »

After a quick, cursory google I can only express my disbelief as to why anyone would expect him not to be a creep.
I mean, just look at the guy. His eyes are too close together, for one thing!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: May 10, 2019, 09:28:46 am »

So afaik he cheated on his wife, did he do anything else? Considering you can cheat on all three of your wives and still be president I don't get it

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #5825 on: May 10, 2019, 09:29:47 am »

ProJared
Those were pictures that I never needed to see.
Thanks internet.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #5826 on: May 10, 2019, 09:30:41 am »

So afaik he cheated on his wife, did he do anything else? Considering you can cheat on all three of your wives and still be president I don't get it

Well, he also sent nudes/dick pics to some of his fans, including some who are underage.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: May 10, 2019, 09:37:20 am »

Not just sent, but requested.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: May 10, 2019, 05:44:38 pm »

That's why we ahould stick with ProZD. Always review yours pros thoroughly.
Proceeds to get ProZD bombshell.

Mah boi came out swinging tho.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: May 13, 2019, 12:38:13 pm »

So, first actual night in the new apartment. Been running back and forth buying necessities all day, and am fairly thoroughly pooped. When I was getting ready to make dinner, I took a closer look at what the cooking area of this apartment is actually like.

There's a roughly 50cm2 wooden countertop. That's it. There's a slightly smaller metal area between the sink and the stoveplates, presumably for drying dishes.

The stove has 2 electric burners, and three dials. The unmarked middle dial, I have discovered, is a timer... The really annoying "TICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICK" kind of timer, and as mentioned it's unmarked, so there's no saying how long of a timer you're setting. Furthermore, the stove doesn't actually heat up unless the timer is active for the entire duration. The smaller plate, at its highest setting, eventually managed to boil roughly 750ml of water after about 20 minutes.

There are no cupboards. None. Nowhere to put plates and glasses, no drawers for cutlery or tools, no storage space for spices and dry goods. Just the countertop, and an open shelf above it where the pots are kept.

There's also no real fan above the stove, just a charcoal filter that blows into the shelf where the pots are. Hope y'all like steam.

I'd had plans and encouragement to expand upon my cooking skills after I got out from my ex's environment, where I was chastised for pretty much anything and everything and limited by noise and space constraints (not to mention energy levels of being around her the whole time) to a very limited section of the available amenities. Now? Now I'll have a rough uphill battle to even get back to the same minimal level I had back then.

So much for trying to better myself and grow as a person. Or for wanting to eat well.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: May 13, 2019, 01:32:33 pm »

Well, there's always learning to use that space well just out of spite.

As for storing dishes, the clean dishes can already go in the drying area. A less lazy version of myself has managed to get by on one set of dishes. And a spice rack like this should fit on top of the back of the stove (where the dials and whatnot are).

But the key is spite. I was going to specify "to cooking" or something, but it's just general life advice.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5833 on: May 13, 2019, 01:59:52 pm »

So, first actual night in the new apartment. Been running back and forth buying necessities all day, and am fairly thoroughly pooped. When I was getting ready to make dinner, I took a closer look at what the cooking area of this apartment is actually like.

I read that as "I fairly certainly pooped" and had to do a triple-take.

You could get an electric griddle that plugs into the wall. I've seen some crazy stuff get cooked on one of those. Also, don't forget crock-pot cooking. There are options aside from a stove, though they do require a moderate investment for the items in question.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5834 on: May 13, 2019, 02:08:14 pm »

The clean dishes can't actually go in the drying area; there's barely room for half of them there. The dials for the stove are also mounted on the front, with the back being taken up by the larger plate. I suppose it could be possible to mount a spice rack on top of the ventilation slats, but then it'd either hang off the edge into nothingness or bump into the faucet. Also I'd have to be careful with putting any pots on the back plate, so as not to set the potential spice rack on fire.

To think I'd actually allowed myself to entertain the idea of hosting an apartment-warming party with real food that I'd made... Sure, I can't host even a single person inside the apartment itself, but there's a lovely outdoors area we could sit and make merry! Well, except that it turns out the outdoors area isn't technically "part" of this building, we're just allowed to look at it.

But hey, I'm allowed to have my guitar in my living space again! Maybe I can brush off the dust and actually learn a whole song this time, I've even got a couple possibilities in mind... Oh wait, shit, nothing is even remotely working, my fingers act like they've never been near one of these things before, I'm worse off than I was at my second guitar lesson 11 years ago.

At least Khan Academy has managed to briefly introduce me to most of grade school pre-algebra over the course of the past week+... That's a pretty good point to be at for a 29-year-old, right?

Small fucking wonder my ex was glad to see me go; she'd gotten too close and seen how little is actually under the lid. Just like the rest of them.

EDIT: Ahhhh Christ, this is a bad fucking night.
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 772