Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 840969 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5955 on: June 06, 2019, 12:28:08 pm »

Hey, remember when Massive Entertainment was making pretty good RTS/RTT games instead of a shitty stream of 'Yet Another Open World Ubisoft Title' titles? I've been recently playing the GC series and I do, made me sad to see how far the makers of RTS games have fallen :c
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: June 06, 2019, 12:33:40 pm »

Bay12 is failing to load because mobile data here is incredibly slow. I have these thoughts and shit that I want to express in the sad thread, and I'm forced to write them down in a .txt file until conditions improve. Fucking hell.
Not just you. Site's been stupid slow for a lot of people, myself included. Hope you're doing alright.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: June 06, 2019, 12:36:22 pm »

Hey, remember when Massive Entertainment was making pretty good RTS/RTT games instead of a shitty stream of 'Yet Another Open World Ubisoft Title' titles? I've been recently playing the GC series and I do, made me sad to see how far the makers of RTS games have fallen :c

Relic Entertainment remembers.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: June 06, 2019, 12:51:27 pm »

Oh god they're even worse, they're just making shit RTS games nowadays. Literally zero news about AoE4 almost two years after it's been announced is not doing them any favors either.

Jeez, I literally haven't played an RTS game that was released in the last five years that wasn't utterly shit, what a shitty state of affairs for the genre :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: June 06, 2019, 01:18:29 pm »

There have been a couple attempts here and there to make non-shit RTS games (or I should say, non-shit *Classic* RTS games), but yeah... Nobody has any real funding behind them for the genre, so it's just a bunch of indie kids who either never get the attention needed to achieve liftoff of the core concepts, or they get attention and immediately spend it on funky freshness that's neither fresh nor really supportive of the base gameplay.

But, like... Where do we even go from here? How do you get a classic-style RTS game to actually stand out these days, for a generation that can and will compare everything to AoE, Warcraft, StarCraft, DoW, C&C, Total Annihilation, and even the off-brand oddballs that got made because it was actually the hip genre at the time?

I see that SpellForce 3 just dropped, and I've heard mixed opinions on Driftland (not sure how traditional it is though)... But yeah. At least we've got an HD remake of S.W.I.N.E., eh?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: June 06, 2019, 01:36:12 pm »

the.....forums....are.....slow but at least there back up I guess

I've always preferred turn-based strategy to rts, I tried to get into crusaders kings II but I feel that was probably not the best introduction to rts

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: June 07, 2019, 05:13:10 am »

the.....forums....are.....slow but at least there back up I guess
I'm finally back home, and you're right. Even on a decent connection, Bay12 is sluggish.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: June 07, 2019, 06:17:15 am »

Forums are sluggish, indeed, but yesterday I couldn't even load the forums properly without 504 errors.

Hopefully it's resolved quickly.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: June 09, 2019, 01:40:53 am »

Had this dream where Billy the Kidd was playing this beautiful song he'd written about his life. I realised it was a dream and was desperately trying to commit it to memory - I even dreamt that I woke up and began typing it up in the Dream Thread, not remembering it all perfectly but still getting the basic gist, enough to make a good song.
Then I realised that too was a dream, woke up for real and opened a text file and... nope. It's gone. I remember even less than I did in that last layer of dream. Damnit.

Also, I got home at about 6am and slept all day. Again. This wouldn't seem so bad if I could at least remember more of the wonderful dream I was having, but nooo. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: June 09, 2019, 07:14:45 am »

I'm sick right now, and I feel like total shit. It's not even the stimulant-induced form of 'total shit', where I become really paranoid and confused. It's this version where my brain just shuts down, and I just become regular confused.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: June 09, 2019, 09:45:18 pm »

My Mom had the brilliant idea, apropos nothing, to walk over to my apartment and start knocking on my window, waking me up from a dead sleep. Just wanted to say hi. Hi mom, thanks for making me that extra more sleep deprived than I usually am. It's not like that makes me miserable. It's not like this is the exact time frame you know that I'm usually asleep. Just... Goddamnit Mom.

God would I just give anything to be able to fall asleep easily. Even if I'm exhausted, falling asleep is just a painful chore, and once woken, I'm up, there's no negotiating with my body on the matter.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: June 10, 2019, 01:30:38 am »

Ran out of melatonin yesterday and I forgot to get more from Kroger, and I'm just slap out of weed. Now I can't sleep. Thinking abt how lonely going from a college town to bum fuck nowhere is. Hell, aside from some sparse sightings of other folks at work (I was doing prep work alone in the kitchen today for some reason, the only thing that broke it up were mfers coming back from the front for minutes at a time) and some light conversation with my parents I haven't had any contact w anyone today. Uuuuuuugh. Can't hang out with anyone, let alone pursue anything romantic. Very very lonely. Gonna keep reading smut to keep my mind off it ig. My hearts going out to fellow insomnia sufferers tho 😅

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: June 10, 2019, 04:40:24 am »

Today got off to a cracking start when I apparently either forgot to set an alarm or simply slept through it, meaning I missed out on the trip to the gym I'd agreed upon with a friend.

So now that's gonna be following me around all day. And it's a holiday today so nothing is open, meaning my only real options for stuff to fill the day with are housework and trying to develop some form of self-improvement... The housework can only go so far, and I'm already feeling sad so the self-improvement is gonna be a nightmare.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: June 10, 2019, 05:36:35 am »

Whoa, it's a holiday there, too?!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: June 10, 2019, 06:06:57 am »

Whoa, it's a holiday there, too?!   
It's Whit Monday. For being as atheistic/agnostic as Norway is, we celebrate a fuckload of Christian holidays... 3-5 days off for Easter, 2-3 days off for Christmas, Ascension day, Whit Monday... Plus non-religious things like Mayday and New Years Eve/Day, and our national constitution day on May 17th.

And those are just the so-called "red days", where it's a nationally-recognized holiday and most employers are supposed to give their workers a break. There are a few other minor holidays like veteran's day and Sankthansaften and whatnot that don't require a full day off.
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 775