Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 411

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly sad today thread  (Read 233807 times)

Naxza

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanderer of Broken Worlds
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5970 on: April 18, 2019, 02:17:36 am »

I can add soy to the large list of things I'm inconveniently allergic to. No breakfast protein powders, soy candles, or Soylent for me!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: April 18, 2019, 02:51:24 pm »

Do you have Dairy/lactose marked off the list yet? That's a fun one.

Did you know the following sometimes contain lactose, and will cause you to (severe gastric distress) yourself:
Bread
Medicine you're taking to not die
some frozen foods
90% of everything, because cheese is awesome.
To improve communication, all sarcasm and other jokes will be posted in a black font.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: April 18, 2019, 03:57:31 pm »

Lactase pills are a thing, and they help. Apparently there are a lot of lactose intolerant peeps out there who don't know this.

Naxza

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanderer of Broken Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: April 19, 2019, 02:31:36 am »

A large glass of milk makes me pretty uneasy, but cheese is actually a pretty safe bet. I thought I had an issue with cheese/lactose for a while, but when I tried those lactase pills, they just made me vomit.

Proof enough that the system is working, I suppose.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Its shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: April 19, 2019, 04:32:51 pm »

You're from Wisconsin, too. I'm so sorry.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • Never stabs friends, promise!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: April 19, 2019, 05:07:25 pm »

Dating websites/apps cost too much. And i hate being ugly. I dont get any matches anyway. :c
"THEN CAME TOBNOM, ASS-GOD".
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: April 19, 2019, 08:16:32 pm »

I feel like I hardly have any peers or equals that I can be real with. There's my older brother who moved away, and my gf I get to see for maybe 1.5 days a week between both of our jobs and other obligations. All of the really close friends I had are busy with their own lives, since they have family members that actually care about their independent success.

It's back to an endless stream of "I'd love to!!! We should hang out some time!!!!!! I miss you!!!!!1!1!!!1!" except it's literally everybody.

God I don't want to be as bitter and reserved as I was about ten years ago, but I'm starting to fall into those same emotional patterns now that my life is basically a dead-end and my history is repeating itself.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 08:21:06 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: April 20, 2019, 11:44:57 am »

Now I'm even avoiding stray cats and other pets I enjoyed in the past. Yay progress -.-

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: April 20, 2019, 12:19:51 pm »

Jesus Fucking Christ, family dinners... About 20 square meters, 12 people, half of them are diagnosed with ADHD. Until just now, the singular bathroom had been claimed by two of the kids as a nice safe bastion to eat candy in. The matriarch has been happily spewing half-truths she found on the internet, and her daughter's trauma will kick in if anyone dates contradict her.

Breaking up with my girlfriend will be a fantastic liberation just by itself. Getting away from this circus will be a fringe benefit.

I just hope it actually happens.

greatorder

• Bay Watcher
  • [FAPPING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: April 20, 2019, 04:42:17 pm »

There is a veritable fucking dearth of... well, any martial arts I'm interested in around where I live. By which I mean, no Jitsu and no Judo. There's BJJ, which I don't like. There's Karate, which I have no interest in. There's any number of suspect/expensive martial arts clubs. There's thousands of fucking kids clubs. But the nearest Jitsu club with the TJJF? A good 1.5 hours drive, or a horrifically expensive train ticket, away. Hell, Google was throwing up a dance/song/acting school as a martial arts school for some fucking reason.

I'll try some less internet-y methods, but I'm not hopeful. And nobody from my university's Jitsu club lives near to me as far as I'm aware, so just meeting up to practice every so often seems out of the question too.

Looks like I'm going to have an un-fun summer. I find some form of exercise I like, and of course I can't do it when I have all the time in the world. On the bright side, if I ever get to brown belt I can start my own club and fill in a gap if I'm still around here.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: April 20, 2019, 04:47:53 pm »

Hell, Google was throwing up a dance/song/acting school as a martial arts school for some fucking reason.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: April 20, 2019, 08:30:42 pm »

Now I'm even avoiding stray cats and other pets I enjoyed in the past. Yay progress -.-
:(

How have your interpersonal things been going? Any therapyish visits on the schedule?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: April 20, 2019, 09:55:36 pm »

Did not go see any friends since that evening we had to take someone to the ER (don't worry just stupid accidental wound I foresaw, in case you missed that rant), I think it was the first weekend of april. I didn't show my face at one or two birthdays since but it's not like there was something special going on.

It started with an attitude of: "see it's pointless trying to resolve other people's problems for them, everybody has the right to make their own mistakes" but somehow I came to the conclusion that: "all the goals I'm able to come up with are merely schemes to earn some abstract praise and worse so - the praise of OTHER people". As such I'm currently having a hard time to see any validity in these goals, they seem artificial and vain. Consquently I sleep into the days and eat less and more unhealthy because I'm aimless.

I'm just too much of a pussy to try and fail in order to try again to git gud. I've allways prefered not trying to the slightest prospective of failure. By now, to say that this has come back to bite me in the ass would be the understatement of the year - I've effectively argued myself out of life; as for every reason to do something I can come up with two more convincing reasons to not do it.

This is about as therapy'ish as it gets. I don't deem it valuable to invest time into cultivating these thoughts. And it's only in letters that I'm able to make somewhat coherent thoughts about this. In real life I can't think straight because I allways get sidetracked when trying to talk about it... not to mention the irresistible urge to fullfil expectations. Because it's all just a big nothing-burger - "eat or die".  :(

Thank you, you are very kind.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: April 22, 2019, 09:23:33 am »

In other words, do what you're good at and improve it. That is the core of non-idiocy IMO.
What if I'm not good at anything?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: April 22, 2019, 09:37:16 am »

In other words, do what you're good at and improve it. That is the core of non-idiocy IMO.
What if I'm not good at anything?
Then you should become a politician

*rimshot*
I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 411