Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 451

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 282939 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #6240 on: August 12, 2019, 10:55:00 am »

I think my muscle tremors are getting worse. My hands shake severely enough that it's noticeable from several feet away, I can feel my jaw constantly vibrating and my back has recently decided to join in.

On top of that I'm getting muscle fatigue throughout my body, just walking around the house is exhausting sometimes.
That sounds like something you should go to a doctor about. I hope itís something treatsble

It's physical symptoms of depression. I'm on antidepressants which helps with the psychological/emotional parts, but I probably need to speak to my GP about muscle relaxants or something to help deal with the physical stuff.

Thanks for the concern though.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: August 12, 2019, 10:57:34 am »

I think my muscle tremors are getting worse. My hands shake severely enough that it's noticeable from several feet away, I can feel my jaw constantly vibrating and my back has recently decided to join in.

On top of that I'm getting muscle fatigue throughout my body, just walking around the house is exhausting sometimes.
That sounds like something you should go to a doctor about. I hope itís something treatsble

It's physical symptoms of depression. I'm on antidepressants which helps with the psychological/emotional parts, but I probably need to speak to my GP about muscle relaxants or something to help deal with the physical stuff.

I didnít know depression had physical symptoms. I hope youíre doing alright.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: August 12, 2019, 11:28:02 am »

I didnít know depression had physical symptoms. I http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/Themes/core/images/bbc/glow.gifhope youíre doing alright.

Symptoms vary from person to person. Muscle fatigue is a really common one, but there's also headaches, stomach problems, vision problems and chronic physical pains.

Some of the associated conditions like anxiety then have their own physical symptoms like trembling, teeth grinding, fidgeting and so on.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: August 12, 2019, 11:40:12 am »

Partial paralysis is the name of my jam! Always fun when fingers and face just kinda slump and stop working, and I recognize it's not a stroke because I don't care enough to test and check.

mangointango

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: August 12, 2019, 12:11:16 pm »

i realized that I'm not that attractive anymore  ::)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: August 12, 2019, 03:00:42 pm »

Awake super early, mostly due to the dog barking? Time to ponder all my problems in excruciating detail, in an entirely non-productive way with no real risk of leading to a solution for said problems!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: August 12, 2019, 07:46:46 pm »

Partial paralysis is the name of my jam! Always fun when fingers and face just kinda slump and stop working, and I recognize it's not a stroke because I don't care enough to test and check.
Why wouldnít you want to check? If I had partial paralysis at random times, Iíd want to at least know the cause

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: August 12, 2019, 11:43:39 pm »

Why wouldnít you want to check? If I had partial paralysis at random times, Iíd want to at least know the cause
Kagus is like most depressives in that being in the middle of an episode means you donít rightly give a shit, and a lot of things can push you into an episode if youíre not paying attention.

Like happy endings for sitcoms set during times of civil strife.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6248 on: August 13, 2019, 02:56:51 am »

teeth grinding

I love those moments where I suddenly realise that for the last half hour or so I've had my jaw clamped shut like there's something trying to escape my mouth.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
I'm gonna fight for what's right / Today I'm speaking my mind
And if it kills me tonight / I will be ready to die.

Mel lives again! Fight monsters; fight crime; fight compound interest...

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: August 13, 2019, 10:53:42 am »

I didnít know depression had physical symptoms.

I hope you know it takes all of my willpower to avoid making a dark joke here.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6250 on: August 13, 2019, 04:50:14 pm »

I told my mom that having Forensic Files and similar shows on in the background 24/7 bothers me, because believe it or not, graphic descriptions of murder, dismemberment and sexual assault aren't the best background noise at this time in my life.

As a replacement, she's found some Evangelical right-wing Christian talk show where 70+-year-old hosts talk with their 70+-year-old guests about how the yunguns are ruining this country with their sex drugs and that gosh durn rap music.

After I finish treatment I was going to wait to pay off my credit card before I started apartment hunting, which would take two or three months at the most. But I might not even be able to wait that long.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: August 13, 2019, 08:04:43 pm »

Ahh Yes. Sounds like The 700 club.

It and various other televised religious programming, which I collectively lump together as "The Scary God Show".

Yeah, I get my fill of that through passive exposure every night I work at the nursing home.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6252 on: August 13, 2019, 09:03:15 pm »

Attractiveness is relative. Many people would likely consider you so.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: August 14, 2019, 03:28:25 am »

Ahh Yes. Sounds like The 700 club.

It and various other televised religious programming, which I collectively lump together as "The Scary God Show".

Yeah, I get my fill of that through passive exposure every night I work at the nursing home.
America be bonkers. But I suppose we had to dump the puritans somewhere and Australia wasn't to hand at the time.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

mangointango

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: August 14, 2019, 08:45:50 am »

Attractiveness is relative. Many people would likely consider you so.

I'm not attractive to myself. I'm not influenced by what other people think in most cases. It's just one of those days when you look into the mirror and like - what the hell is wrong with me?!
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 451