Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 427

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 260646 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #6270 on: August 14, 2019, 11:53:09 am »

Easy, the people are broken. Go find better people.

I've tried but every time I go out I'm basically a ghost no one can see or interact with.

There is a magic word for that. "Hello." It's pretty much a handshake protocol where both parties agree to listen to each other for a little bit~

Alternatively, may want to lay off on the invisibility cloak.

But they brought their real friends, or wear headphones, or would rather access their real friends via phone/facebook.  Literally no one has any reason to interact with strangers.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: August 14, 2019, 11:56:30 am »

There is a magic word for that. "Hello." It's pretty much a handshake protocol where both parties agree to listen to each other for a little bit~
Except for when they don't! Sometimes, people are just complete assholes and will completely, blatantly ignore you for no real reason.

Most aren't, though. It's just getting the guts to actually throw yourself out there that's the tricky part...

Depends on the situation. People on the way to and from places are generally disinclined toward communication from strangers.

Folk in shops are good to practice with, at least saying hello, as they are generally told to do at least that with everyone. Just a case of getting comfortable and reducing that anxiety.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: August 14, 2019, 03:08:55 pm »

I just feel I'm being excessively mean and angry lately, and I really don't like it, it feels like I just don't have control over myself. I feel like it must stem from my lack of satisfaction in life, but I worry that I'm growing too old and numb and bitter to ever get that satisfaction in the first place.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: August 14, 2019, 03:54:01 pm »

I just feel I'm being excessively mean and angry lately, and I really don't like it, it feels like I just don't have control over myself. I feel like it must stem from my lack of satisfaction in life, but I worry that I'm growing too old and numb and bitter to ever get that satisfaction in the first place.

Ya wanna like, play a game or something? Hit me up on steam?

I got Monster Hunter World, FFXIV, buncha games. Lemme know. Bit of social activity, even if its online, might help you let off some steam.

For myself, I found that once I got away from certain social circles that I was involved in that constantly went our of their way to remind me of perceived failures, people totally liked being around me and I was actually a fairly personable fellow all along. Turns out those failures (not that I don't have other ones mind you) weren't my own, but I had gotten myself into the mode where I thought it was wrong to distance myself, and I was being gaslit into taking them on to myself.

You won't find a single happy person in their 50's who hasn't had to prune their lives this way in some fashion. You've always been quite pleasant on here, more so than most I'll even say. I think you have plenty of good things to offer.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: August 14, 2019, 11:20:10 pm »

Except for when they don't! Sometimes, people are just complete assholes and will completely, blatantly ignore you for no real reason.
Have you tried substituting your boring old "hello" for a brash, shrill cry of "yo!"? Gotta communicate with such people on their level!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • "Sanity impaired"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6275 on: August 15, 2019, 12:36:46 am »

I like "Oi!" meself. ...Reading through Harry Potter a long time back left me with some weird vocal habits.
"Heyo!" works too.
Come play Mafia with us!
Superdorf's not just watcher. He's Bay overseer.
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6276 on: August 15, 2019, 03:55:02 am »

Hit them with a hearty "хелло!". Or separate the figurative men from the boys by screaming your favourite phrase and seeing who responds.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Tu jee, veerey / Toofano se lad ke [Fight, brave one / Fight those internal storms and]
Tu jeet, veerey / Zakhmo se bhid kar bhi tu [Win, brave one / Weather those wounds and]
Firse uthega yaara [Rise once again]

Mel lives again! Fight monsters; fight crime; fight compound interest...

KateyKitsune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6277 on: August 15, 2019, 11:03:06 pm »

I've been feeling mildly sad this month and I don't know why

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you 0cra_tr0per for the link
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: August 16, 2019, 06:46:37 am »

Could it maybe the same reason as my sadness? Namely that the humans with 95% of the money are destroying the planet in the name of profit? Well, this makes me more than merely mildly sad...sorry
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Quote from: Naturegirl1999 IRL
*picks up pepper* “Look, a pickle” *puts down pepper* “wait, pickles and peppers are completely different instruments”
Moral of the story: Everyone has dumb moments, laugh at them

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Scholar on the topic of Dwarves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: August 16, 2019, 06:50:06 am »

Out of all the Panels I wanted to go to at World con yesterday, I made it to one. The worst one.
My Sigtext
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.

Faith in yourself is essential. Faith in Humanity is sometimes redundant.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: August 16, 2019, 06:55:24 am »

What was it?
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
*picks up pepper* “Look, a pickle” *puts down pepper* “wait, pickles and peppers are completely different instruments”

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: August 16, 2019, 10:42:54 am »

TinyPic, the free image hosting site I've used for ages due to its simplicity and ease of use for a free service, is going tits-up...

I'll not only have to find a new place for my random image-sharing needs, I'll also need to rehost everything I've used for the (ill-fated) Majesty and Hellsign LPs if I don't want them to turn into messes of dead links.

I should probably also see what all can be salvaged from the free-free image hosting I did with them for all the blog-o-thread links in my sig. Many of the image links have already long since died, but there might be a few images that I can download and reupload somewhere else. Beh.

KateyKitsune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6282 on: August 16, 2019, 10:56:37 am »

Could it maybe the same reason as my sadness? Namely that the humans with 95% of the money are destroying the planet in the name of profit? Well, this makes me more than merely mildly sad...sorry
That contributes, but most of it is not for that reason, don't know what it is

Also, my friends (including Max) only support environmentalism for the benefit of humanity as a goal rather than benefiting the environment as a goal in and of itself. Which I disagree with, the environment matters more, or, at worst, as much as humanity
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 11:02:07 am by KateyKitsune »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: August 16, 2019, 11:12:42 am »

That contributes, but most of it is not for that reason, don't know what it is

Also, my friends (including Max) only support environmentalism for the benefit of humanity as a goal rather than benefiting the environment as a goal in and of itself. Which I disagree with, the environment matters more, or, at worst, as much as humanity
I think the environment is more important, not that I don’t think humans are important, just that if humans were to go extinct, at least life would continue.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: August 16, 2019, 11:29:18 am »

Well... Kinda duh. We only need to take action if we want to continue being a part of this funny little world. "The Environment" isn't going to stop being an environment just because the humans die off. We are in no reasonable way capable of eradicating all life on the planet. We're perfectly capable of eradicating all or most of the life that supports us, but we're not going to be turning the earth into a lifeless husk anytime soon.

If you value "Nature" (as an individual, separate concept) higher than humans, then just... Let us pollute ourselves to extinction. Sure, we may take a few million species with us, but every environment is habitable by something, and there will be plenty of takers (and niches for new, previously unknown takers!) for what we leave behind.

There's nothing pristine or sacred about this particular, modern configuration of flora and fauna. At least no more than every other extinct era before it.
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 427