Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 427

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 261194 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I say?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #6285 on: August 16, 2019, 11:41:25 am »

Honestly, my stance on the environment is the same as Katey and Naturegirl's. It's just that their reasons for that stance seem to be different. I value humans above all else, and we can't live without certain species, and even non-essential species provide research and resource opportunities. Ergo, they're still valuable and need to be protected.
Blatant and proud furry. Also Russian.

I mark all my offensive and/or nonsensical posts with black or white text, depending on the board.

Autohummer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: August 16, 2019, 12:26:04 pm »

Agreed, my stance is that since the environment (as it is now) is very useful for us, we should ensure that the environment remains so, for the continued survival GLORY of mankind.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: August 16, 2019, 01:00:59 pm »

There's nothing pristine or sacred about this particular, modern configuration of flora and fauna. At least no more than every other extinct era before it.

I'd disagree, if only because the one enviroconfiguration we have now is the one we have. And one enviriconfiguration in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: August 16, 2019, 01:13:39 pm »

two in the bush.
You should, ah... You should probably get that checked out. Just sayin'.

There's, like, creams and stuff nowadays.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: August 16, 2019, 01:22:42 pm »

two in the bush.
You should, ah... You should probably get that checked out. Just sayin'.

There's, like, creams and stuff nowadays.

“Some people charge money for that kind of thing!” is also an acceptable response.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you 0cra_tr0per for the link
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: August 16, 2019, 02:12:27 pm »

Honestly, my stance on the environment is the same as Katey and Naturegirl's. It's just that their reasons for that stance seem to be different. I value humans above all else, and we can't live without certain species, and even non-essential species provide research and resource opportunities. Ergo, they're still valuable and need to be protected.
I also agree with this, we need to protect what’s here. I just meant that we should protect not ONLY for humans, we need to make sure we can survive without causing a mass extinction
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Quote from: Naturegirl1999 IRL
*picks up pepper* “Look, a pickle” *puts down pepper* “wait, pickles and peppers are completely different instruments”
Moral of the story: Everyone has dumb moments, laugh at them

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6291 on: August 16, 2019, 02:18:34 pm »

Having sat in on discussions making decisions about this kind of thing (one of my supervisors last year is a world expert in fisheries management), a surprising number of human lives can hang on what seems like a small environmental change. I have sentimental attachment to the old order, but my resistance to changing it is 90% pragmatic.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Tu jee, veerey / Toofano se lad ke [Fight, brave one / Fight those internal storms and]
Tu jeet, veerey / Zakhmo se bhid kar bhi tu [Win, brave one / Weather those wounds and]
Firse uthega yaara [Rise once again]

Mel lives again! Fight monsters; fight crime; fight compound interest...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: August 16, 2019, 04:16:18 pm »

If we kill the humans, we save the forest.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: August 16, 2019, 04:20:34 pm »

If we kill the forest, we....

Kill the humans.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: August 16, 2019, 04:52:21 pm »

I do believe we have come to an accord.

Unfortunately, I very much doubt we’ll be able to agree on who should be killed first.

Edit: corrected autocorrect.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 07:08:17 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody cared who I was until I found Sub-Wikis
    • View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: August 16, 2019, 05:18:29 pm »

It's all the fault of those damned vegans, eating all the flora!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you 0cra_tr0per for the link
    • View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: August 16, 2019, 06:09:57 pm »

I do believe we have come to an accord.

Unfortunately, I very much doubt we’ll be able to a green on who should be killed first.
Dictators, dictators should be killed first, since dictatorships tend to lead to the largest amount of suffering
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Quote from: Naturegirl1999 IRL
*picks up pepper* “Look, a pickle” *puts down pepper* “wait, pickles and peppers are completely different instruments”
Moral of the story: Everyone has dumb moments, laugh at them

Naxza

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanderer of Broken Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: August 16, 2019, 09:16:48 pm »

"There's no one new around you."

pack it up boys tinder's dead and i got nothin', all hope is gone

tinder low% speedrun personal best with the bad ending

Oh well. Time to go get some better pictures of myself and try some other sources. Or just meet people for real at for-real events. Young professionals meetup, or photography groups, or bar crawls, or summat. Ya boi is feeling socially starved!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: August 16, 2019, 09:32:44 pm »

"There's no one new around you."

pack it up boys tinder's dead and i got nothin', all hope is gone

tinder low% speedrun personal best with the bad ending

Oh well. Time to go get some better pictures of myself and try some other sources. Or just meet people for real at for-real events. Young professionals meetup, or photography groups, or bar crawls, or summat. Ya boi is feeling socially starved!

I feel like I've basically tried everything, and still came up nothing.

My hobbies are basically all sausage-fests.  There are no girls aside from girlfriends getting dragged in.  I don't have time/money to pick up different ones, nor do I want to give up what I have now.

VA doesn't really have traditional bars.  All bars are required to serve X amount of food, so basically they're restaurants or shitty sports bars.

I've looked thru meetup.com and everything is either outside my demographic (either lgbt or people over 50 or some shit) or only occurs when I'm at work.  Same goes for the local community center.

Online dating's a farce and a scam so why bother.

And just being out in the public means nothing.  I'm practically a regular at the gym and the bookstore.  People will do anything to avoid talking to strangers.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Naxza

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanderer of Broken Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: August 16, 2019, 09:41:06 pm »

Amazing how much easier it was to make friends in our youth, huh? You sat next to a kid and decided 'okay, we're friends now' and that was it. Dating is always complicated though, and breaking into new groups or circles is usually difficult, like how many outings do you go on with your pals where you rope some stranger in, eh.

I'm sure the lgbt groups could use allies; I'd expect their meetups to have interesting conversations (and maybe one has a cute straight friend in they can refer you to?). Could be location thing, too- I'd be in the same rut if I stayed in the sleepy suburban towns I was living in before.

I got no advice for you, 'cept keep your eyes open and chin up. We're all humans with human desires and plenty out there are sharing your struggle.
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 427