Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819831 times)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6360 on: October 02, 2019, 01:24:21 pm »

I got used to the tynipic thingie. Didn't recognize the long haired country singer there.
In a time before time, I had a name.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6361 on: October 02, 2019, 02:00:33 pm »

I don’t believe it’s a country singer, it is the poster for a movie called Banio.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6362 on: October 02, 2019, 02:36:11 pm »

BANJO
Love, scriver~

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6363 on: October 02, 2019, 03:25:48 pm »

banjo..........

Sounds like it's time for pre-driiiiiiiiinks~

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6364 on: October 03, 2019, 02:28:42 pm »

Got my first payment since the jobcentre deemed me unfit for work and it's sinking in to my brain more now.

Honestly feeling pretty weird about it, jobcentre appointments were one of the few things I could bring myself to leave the house for and now I'm not going to have any for a year and I'm not expected to follow any requirements to receive my benefits. I'm worried I'm going to just keep sitting at home decaying even more now.

I guess I should make some quality of life purchases and try to sort my brain out in the extra time/with the extra money I've got. A new mattress and a back brace would probably be good ideas.  :-\
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6365 on: October 09, 2019, 01:26:44 pm »

I don't feel exactly upset but the other thread is for more personal/emotional stuff...

The area near where I work has a severe lack of parking space for the amount of people that come here everyday  and every single day I have to explain to all kinds of people that "no you can't leave your car/motorcycle in front of the store", "no, it doesn't matter if the store is closing soon", "no it's not public space" etc. Tonight one of said drivers was a mute.. I think. His companion explained to him,  what I said in sign language. It feels wrong.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6366 on: October 09, 2019, 02:02:52 pm »

The thread now allows for frustrating events, not only sad (see: the new thread title), so I can post this thing here.

All I'm saying is, if the Eternal God-Man had incarnated Himself man-sized, instead of baby-sized, my current task would be much easier.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6367 on: October 09, 2019, 02:33:48 pm »

Got my first payment since the jobcentre deemed me unfit for work and it's sinking in to my brain more now.

Honestly feeling pretty weird about it, jobcentre appointments were one of the few things I could bring myself to leave the house for and now I'm not going to have any for a year and I'm not expected to follow any requirements to receive my benefits. I'm worried I'm going to just keep sitting at home decaying even more now.

I guess I should make some quality of life purchases and try to sort my brain out in the extra time/with the extra money I've got. A new mattress and a back brace would probably be good ideas.  :-\
Is there some activity that could replace the job center visit?

You could, for example, do a volunteer thing? I do not know your personal situation.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6368 on: October 09, 2019, 02:40:41 pm »

I want to go to pride this Sunday, but everything in my life says no right now 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6369 on: October 09, 2019, 05:02:08 pm »

You get used to it, sorta... I mean, you're never really comfortable with it, but the feeling you get at the beginning goes away and you can start focusing on having a life. As for getting out and doing activities, friends help... Friends help a lot. I personally went from feeling like I had nothing to drive me and an endless expanse of sitting with my own thoughts, to feeling like I don't even have enough time to take care of all the leisure pursuits people hang themselves on.

You'll settle in and find a routine of sorts, it's just a bit of an adjustment period. Now you get to focus on yourself and making the foundation that is you be a little more sturdy, and then you can build off of that.

And just because there's no set deadline for the benefits doesn't necessarily mean they're permanent as such. It's just that now you're a little more in control of the timing, and don't have to have the gov't looming over your shoulder quite as much.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6370 on: October 10, 2019, 07:55:03 am »

I don't feel exactly upset but the other thread is for more personal/emotional stuff...

The area near where I work has a severe lack of parking space for the amount of people that come here everyday  and every single day I have to explain to all kinds of people that "no you can't leave your car/motorcycle in front of the store", "no, it doesn't matter if the store is closing soon", "no it's not public space" etc. Tonight one of said drivers was a mute.. I think. His companion explained to him,  what I said in sign language. It feels wrong.

That sounds like a job a sign could do. Have they considered letting people know about the policy without having to ask?

Alternatively, seize the means of producing signs and let them know it was my idea ("Iduno").

I want to go to pride this Sunday, but everything in my life says no right now 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Being sick (I'm guessing) during things you want to go to sucks. Or work, but that's usually not very good.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6371 on: October 10, 2019, 09:37:33 am »

That sounds like a job a sign could do. Have they considered letting people know about the policy without having to ask?

Alternatively, seize the means of producing signs and let them know it was my idea ("Iduno").

You assume that they would respect the sign but they won't. The store right next to where I work, has a dedicated parking lot and still has the same problem with people constantly blocking the lot's exit despite having three big ass signs saying that they can't park there. Oh well, this whole parking thing doesn't bother me much, but refusing something to a disabled human felt like a unnecessarily dick move, despite having the legal right to do so.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #6372 on: October 11, 2019, 05:54:24 am »

I'm experiencing a full-body allergic reaction. It's really fucking itchy. It's like my skin is playing Gmail and the Restraining Orders, and every sample that plays gets transformed into an itch.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6373 on: October 11, 2019, 08:42:32 am »

What are you allergic to?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #6374 on: October 11, 2019, 08:58:34 am »

That's the !!FUN!! part; I have no clue what I'm allergic to. It's probably something I ate.
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 771