Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 774

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 836736 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6450 on: October 31, 2019, 08:03:38 am »

my ex. 😐🔫
Why are you messaging your ex?
I've been asking myself that pretty frequently lately.
Dammit, I thought I was over them.  I thought they were over me!  This is not good... right?  Argh, I don't even know, and that's frustrating!  And I really don't have time for this right now DX

Guess I'll keep sending a bunch of mixed signals until they hate me, resolving the issue.  thanks brain
(All completely honest, I just have no idea what I want)
((To be less dramatic, they understand I'm very busy and are giving me time.  That's like... a really good sign))
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: October 31, 2019, 08:29:21 am »

my ex. 😐🔫
I've been asking myself that pretty frequently lately.
Dammit, I thought I was over them.  I thought they were over me!  This is not good... right?  Argh, I don't even know, and that's frustrating!  And I really don't have time for this right now DX

Guess I'll keep sending a bunch of mixed signals until they hate me, resolving the issue.  thanks brain
(All completely honest, I just have no idea what I want)
((To be less dramatic, they understand I'm very busy and are giving me time.  That's like... a really good sign))

This is only tangentially related but I got my clingy ex to stop messaging me by intentionally boring the shit out of her. I let her have what she wanted, until she realized that I wasn’t what she wanted at all.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 08:32:50 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: October 31, 2019, 08:53:22 am »

my ex. 😐🔫
We're still friends and have similar interests?
I totally don't secretly hope that we'll somehow get back together despite me being entirely hopeless at relationship stuff as well as life in general, no sir.
That'd be crazy.   

This is only tangentially related but I got my clingy ex to stop messaging me by intentionally boring the shit out of her.   
Good gods, I hope this isn't what I'm doing accidentally. >.>   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: October 31, 2019, 04:27:27 pm »

I hate driving, I hate not being able to drive, and I hate the fact that I need to be able to drive to do literally anything with my life.

It's like being stuck in a crowded supermarket aisle, except when you crash your baskets into eachother it can result in thousands of dollars of damage, tons of paperwork and phone calls, and maybe injury or death.

I need to get into some sort of adult driver's ed course, because learning with Mom is getting nowhere. She just yells and stresses me out so that I make more mistakes and then she starts yelling and I'm already done with the day before I've even gotten anywhere.

I also can't learn with my brother, because ever since his son was born he's been hitting the bottle like Ruth hits baseballs.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: October 31, 2019, 04:37:07 pm »

This is only tangentially related but I got my clingy ex to stop messaging me by intentionally boring the shit out of her.   
That's what I keep trying, but I can't keep it up!  I end up actually getting stuff off my chest, and listening in return, and that's so nice -

There's no question that I enjoy spending time with them, even just talking.  And it's, hm, like magnets.  It's hard to maintain any emotional distance for long.

It sounds perfect, but it does something to my head that makes it hard to do the things I need to do.  It's nullifying for some reason, not empowering.  That's why I had to end it.  It's so easy to forget that, and just go with it.

Frick, I actually wasn't trying to make an alcohol metaphor there.  Even though I've done it before, it's kinda scary how natural the comparison is.  This is fuck, was not a healthy relationship.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: October 31, 2019, 04:39:37 pm »

I hate driving, I hate not being able to drive, and I hate the fact that I need to be able to drive to do literally anything with my life.

It's like being stuck in a crowded supermarket aisle, except when you crash your baskets into eachother it can result in thousands of dollars of damage, tons of paperwork and phone calls, and maybe injury or death.

I need to get into some sort of adult driver's ed course, because learning with Mom is getting nowhere. She just yells and stresses me out so that I make more mistakes and then she starts yelling and I'm already done with the day before I've even gotten anywhere.

I also can't learn with my brother, because ever since his son was born he's been hitting the bottle like Ruth hits baseballs.
Fun fact: you can take a teenage level driver's ed course most likely.  I highly recommend if your mom is like that - my fiancee had similar issues learning to drive, an actual driver's ed course helped a lot.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: October 31, 2019, 05:05:50 pm »

It's like being stuck in a crowded supermarket aisle, except when you crash your baskets into each other it can result in thousands of dollars of damage, tons of paperwork and phone calls, and maybe injury or death.

I used to be like this when learning to drive. What got me out of it was actually this old NASCAR simulator, although beamNG.drive or something like it might work better today; crashing a virtual car a lot helped me put different speeds and types of crash into perspective and realize that just because crashes are common statistically and some crashes are fatal does not mean that fatal crashes are common. It is absolutely the case that no crash is desirable, but getting a dent while trying to park or something is not the end of the world either literally or financially, and a lot more likely than suddenly swerving into oncoming traffic at highway speeds. In a larger sense, accidents are more probable when the relative velocity between vehicles is relatively (ha) low, and while crumple zones may make the damage look horrible, the way they dissipate energy is in part by literally spreading it out, so most crashes look worse than they are by design.

Anyway, crashing virtual cars helped me calm down about driving and learn more efficiently, and it wasn't expensive. Perhaps it would work for you, too.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: October 31, 2019, 05:26:58 pm »

After 4 hotdogs?

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: November 01, 2019, 04:16:21 pm »

Sigh, Laptop's dvd drive seems to be too close to dying to even play a main menu without skipping and juttering. Ah well they don't last forever and it is now over six years old. I was going to replace it soon anyway.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: November 01, 2019, 08:31:58 pm »

DVD drives on laptops are getting increasingly rarer, expect to have to shop around more if you want one with one. Another possible investment is a USB DVD drive that will work on any PC, the advantage being that if you get a device without a DVD drive in the future, you can hook the peripheral up to it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: November 01, 2019, 10:07:28 pm »

Note: this is actually a mild Sad, not an upset, but there's no longer an appropriate thread so I will just have to shoehorn it in here, sorry.

'Tis the day of my friends' (that is, my oldest and probably closest friend group, even if I haven't seen them in a while) belated Halloween party, always an exciting occasion, and the beautiful warm weather we were having there has fled and been replaced with dreary, overcast raininess.

I mean, it's not so bad - the place it's at is a pretty great spot in all weather, the only bother would be the occasional trip through the backyard if it's actively raining.
But I just hope people don't decide not to come at all purely because of a little rain!
As it is, a couple of the central members of the group are already unable to attend due to work. Their presence will be sorely missed, which will no doubt be exacerbated by cooked people forgetting that they aren't coming and asking where they got to every so often throughout the night.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: November 02, 2019, 12:01:24 am »

Also, a mild sad.

It's funny because it's true.

Edit: fixed tags.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 02:56:48 pm by Iduno »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: November 02, 2019, 01:04:46 pm »

Tis the day of my friends' (that is, my oldest and probably closest friend group, even if I haven't seen them in a while) belated Halloween party, always an exciting occasion, and the beautiful warm weather we were having there has fled and been replaced with dreary, overcast raininess.
Meanwhile, over in Illinois, Wisconsin, and co there was snow on the ground for Halloween apparently 

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: November 02, 2019, 01:38:27 pm »

Tis the day of my friends' (that is, my oldest and probably closest friend group, even if I haven't seen them in a while) belated Halloween party, always an exciting occasion, and the beautiful warm weather we were having there has fled and been replaced with dreary, overcast raininess.
Meanwhile, over in Illinois, Wisconsin, and co there was snow on the ground for Halloween apparently
There was snow in Wisconsin, yes.

I personally thought it was late this year, but it’s been a weird year weather-wise.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: November 02, 2019, 04:44:18 pm »

I just had kinda a rotten day off. Woke up too early, have to spend the whole night alone and tired; forced myself to stay awake no matter how miserable I felt; went to bed in the morning; woke up too early AGAIN! Come on body, cooperate with me here.

Also, a mild sad.

It's funny because it's true.

Edit: fixed tags.

Insulin costs three quarters of a million?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 04:49:34 pm by JoshuaFH »
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 774