Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 452

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 283322 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6450 on: October 02, 2019, 05:57:12 am »

It is already Wednesday, my dudes... And this week my city is running a promotional thing where several restaurants are serving one of their signature dishes for a significantly reduced price (exactly 100 NOK, which is roughly 40-60% of the normal price for the dish, all depending). And I haven't been to a single one yet!

Fuck colds, man... And laziness/social anxiety in general.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: October 02, 2019, 06:01:09 am »

Sounds like it's time for pre-driiiiiiiiinks~
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: October 02, 2019, 08:08:50 am »

Every drink is a pre-drink.

Death does not discriminate between the drunk man and the sober. It is the final barrier, before which all drinks are 'pre' and nothingness is 'after'.

*Clears throat*

Also it's kinda chilly today.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: October 02, 2019, 08:11:03 am »

Do not go sober into that Good Night
Chug, Chug, Chug against the Dying of the Light
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: October 02, 2019, 10:31:52 am »

The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our separate ways, I to drink, and you to teetotal. Which of these two is better only God knows.

or

On the sobriety of a friend, we should consider that the fates through confidence have devolved on us the task of a double drinking, that we have henceforth to fulfill the promise of our friend's booze also, in our own, to the world.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, and I'm mildly upset that Yoink has a real forum avatar instead of the yellow tinypic egg.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: October 02, 2019, 11:00:48 am »

Tycker du att graven är för djup
Nåväl an så ta dig då en sup
Ta dig sen dito en dito två dito tre
Så dör du nöjdare

Spoiler: hasty translation (click to show/hide)

- Carl Michael Bellman, Fredman's songs; Song 21: Mealtime Song -- in which he reminds his guests of death, 1791

Sweden's national poet#1, everybody.

Oh, and I'm mildly upset that Yoink has a real forum avatar instead of the yellow tinypic egg.

Oh no

He actually did it

The madman

He made it happen

It's HAPPENING
Love, scriver~

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: October 02, 2019, 01:24:21 pm »

I got used to the tynipic thingie. Didn't recognize the long haired country singer there.
In a time before time, I had a name.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: October 02, 2019, 02:00:33 pm »

I don’t believe it’s a country singer, it is the poster for a movie called Banio.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: October 02, 2019, 02:36:11 pm »

BANJO
Love, scriver~

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: October 02, 2019, 03:25:48 pm »

banjo..........

Sounds like it's time for pre-driiiiiiiiinks~

Naxza

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanderer of Broken Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: October 02, 2019, 06:36:47 pm »

I'm not welcome back with my sister/her husband after mid-october, so odds are I'll go back to be with my folks as soon as I actually hear back from the company that gave me the in-person interview and they tell me they've gone with a different candidate.

This'll subsequently mean saying farewell to the new friend circle that was bringing me in.

If the instruction for finding work is "don't settle," then I'm not going to find work this year at this rate, if ever in this city.

I get it, though- Everyone else is leading their own lives, their best lives, doing what's best and right for them. I knew shortly after moving that I wasn't being more than a burden to my sister's family. My brother is set and settled on his own, and my folks are doing their own thing even if being home with them is always an option (it's just not the right one). I don't like trying to lean on them as much as anyone doesn't like their natural rhythm of life being tamped on.

It's becoming tempting to up and leave again and lead my own life once more, but that's not something I can even begin to fathom until the new year is here, lest I ruin the holidays again. Live my best life, they'll say, but follow it up with "be close" and "don't go so far away" and "so glad you're back home."

Doing what makes me happy never really factors into anyone else's equation, 'cuz I'm just sort of waffling about in terror of never finding that and at this rate, comes at the sacrifice of someone else. I don't even know what I like doing, since I don't care enough about my current career field to do the independent study needed to get into my career field and therefore have no hard technical skills required to get the jobs to teach me the hard technical skills required to do the job.

Just, fuck, man. I'm living life waiting for mercy to trickle down from every and any source and building a debt of favours where mercy ends. I've neither value nor talent and walked away from the mercy offered in New Zealand, and for what? I love my family and friends, but all that homesickness for this?

If I went back to New Zealand, assuming they'd take me back just off the bat, would I actually make myself fucken' comfortable enough to enjoy life out there, or would I just extend my agony by living spartan again and deliberating over what could have been at literally any place that wasn't the far fingertip of the planet?

I just don't know, and objectively, I'm one of the lucky ones. I should be grateful things shook out this way somehow.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: October 03, 2019, 02:28:42 pm »

Got my first payment since the jobcentre deemed me unfit for work and it's sinking in to my brain more now.

Honestly feeling pretty weird about it, jobcentre appointments were one of the few things I could bring myself to leave the house for and now I'm not going to have any for a year and I'm not expected to follow any requirements to receive my benefits. I'm worried I'm going to just keep sitting at home decaying even more now.

I guess I should make some quality of life purchases and try to sort my brain out in the extra time/with the extra money I've got. A new mattress and a back brace would probably be good ideas.  :-\
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling modder, Adequate Thread Derailer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: October 09, 2019, 01:26:44 pm »

I don't feel exactly upset but the other thread is for more personal/emotional stuff...

The area near where I work has a severe lack of parking space for the amount of people that come here everyday  and every single day I have to explain to all kinds of people that "no you can't leave your car/motorcycle in front of the store", "no, it doesn't matter if the store is closing soon", "no it's not public space" etc. Tonight one of said drivers was a mute.. I think. His companion explained to him,  what I said in sign language. It feels wrong.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • Foo, bar, quux, baz...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: October 09, 2019, 02:02:52 pm »

The thread now allows for frustrating events, not only sad (see: the new thread title), so I can post this thing here.

All I'm saying is, if the Eternal God-Man had incarnated Himself man-sized, instead of baby-sized, my current task would be much easier.
"Continue struggling, laws of physics be darned."
 - NRDL
"What, are you stupid or something? Every one of the snake's bones is crushed! Its internal organs are torn apart! There is no way you can - (6) You resuscitate the snake."
- Gatleos

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: October 09, 2019, 02:33:48 pm »

Got my first payment since the jobcentre deemed me unfit for work and it's sinking in to my brain more now.

Honestly feeling pretty weird about it, jobcentre appointments were one of the few things I could bring myself to leave the house for and now I'm not going to have any for a year and I'm not expected to follow any requirements to receive my benefits. I'm worried I'm going to just keep sitting at home decaying even more now.

I guess I should make some quality of life purchases and try to sort my brain out in the extra time/with the extra money I've got. A new mattress and a back brace would probably be good ideas.  :-\
Is there some activity that could replace the job center visit?

You could, for example, do a volunteer thing? I do not know your personal situation.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 452