Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 840362 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6555 on: November 12, 2019, 08:21:56 am »

Gotta love it.

"What, you want to OWN your device? NO! We own it, you just use it!"

*sigh*

Oh well.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: November 12, 2019, 09:19:38 am »

My head's got me a bit fucked up, and I'm trying to make it be slightly less fucky and slightly more unfucky.

I don't even know where to start with how dumb and weird this situation is, or why I've got such a gargantuan hard-on for red flags.

Oh, as an aside, just got back from a 7-hour overbooked family gathering/tween birthday today. I am *exhausted*.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was going to take out the part of the quote about family, but that still fits for a lot of us.

Friend of mine sack tapped me today.

He did it because I poo poo'd a piece of art he'd done, which at the time I didn't know was his.

For a minute, I was assuming you were being literal.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: November 12, 2019, 10:36:33 am »

I have strong feelings about art, but not quite that strong.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6558 on: November 12, 2019, 11:40:11 am »

I started a job today, part-time, because the company desperately needed someone to fill a gap. This is not a low-skill position, and it has a pretty rigorous interview process too.

I cannot possibly do all the work they expect me to, in the hours they're paying me for. In fact, I don't think I could do it in regular full-time hours. Some of it I'm not convinced is even possible. Also, I received literally no onboarding. Every piece of information I've got (some of it beyond critical to even knowing what my job is, let alone doing it) I had to extract from someone.

As for the job itself... imagine being hired by a games studio, to do part-time work as a dev. You walk into the studio, and discover there are no other devs. The last one left a week ago, wasn't great at the job, and no-one actually knows where they left the codebase. Oh, there's a dev intern as well I guess. You are presented with an elaborate technical specification and a ton of specific assets... and are then told to develop the game and its engine from scratch. The investors want to see the demo by next Friday. This is not my actual scenario, but it's spiritually similar.

???

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: November 12, 2019, 11:51:30 am »

But!
The monies.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6560 on: November 12, 2019, 11:55:52 am »

Regrettably, I am being paid in packing peanuts. Regular peanuts would be a step up. I wish my payment were commensurate with what they expect from me, but I can't actually figure out what this company's priorities are.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: November 12, 2019, 01:16:20 pm »

Regrettably, I am being paid in packing peanuts. Regular peanuts would be a step up. I wish my payment were commensurate with what they expect from me, but I can't actually figure out what this company's priorities are.

Get a fully-functional product, in a week, on the cheap? Also, I guess they need to add "we don't need to provide tools/information" to the list you choose 2 from.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: November 12, 2019, 02:48:44 pm »

Imagine being hired by a games studio, to do part-time work as a dev. You walk into the studio, and discover there are no other devs. The last one left a week ago, wasn't great at the job, and no-one actually knows where they left the codebase. Oh, there's a dev intern as well I guess.
Sounds like tf2

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: November 12, 2019, 06:51:39 pm »

Thankfully I don't have much in the way of rose-colored glasses looking back on my love life; and in fact more red flags tend to pop up and identify themselves as such as time goes by.

Instead, I'm more readily associated with this fanciful image with text:

Seriously, the situations I get myself into sometimes... Like yeah, sure, don't mind me... Just having a lovely conversation with the gorgeous and funny sex worker I spent most of the evening talking to (after the Oregonian polyglot I'd been chatting with had already left) while I was in drag at the polyamorous writer's Halloween house party (the one with the pizza dough monstrosity summoning circle), and who was about to ask if I was single while doing evil things with my hair when our conversation got interrupted by her leaving the party with the hostess' husband to go to a bar. No biggie.

But good grief, the gaggle of gay guys at that party ended up having serious calibration issues with their gaydars when trying to figure me out. Can't say I blame them.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: November 12, 2019, 06:58:15 pm »

Interestingly, bulls are colorblind, they charge at the movement not necessarily the redness of objects, also what do you mean by summoning circle?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: November 12, 2019, 10:45:03 pm »

Interestingly, bulls are colorblind, they charge at the movement not necessarily the redness of objects, also what do you mean by summoning circle?

Idiom for hypothetical rituals supposedly used to summon stuff.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: November 13, 2019, 03:06:56 am »

I forgot to say this, but I already handed it back to my friend and told him to take it to a repair shop. He did, and now it's basically fixed for far less than the phone's worth.
I take that back; I talked to him today about the phone and he said that it's completely dead. He plans on disassembling it.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: November 13, 2019, 03:15:11 am »

Awesome...  This is why we need right to repair laws.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: November 13, 2019, 04:06:41 am »

Idiom for hypothetical rituals supposedly used to summon stuff.

She'd used tape to design a mock arcane rune on the coffee table, and placed a "thing with too few eyes and too many tentacles" shaped out of pizza dough in the middle; as though it had been called forth from the void by a ritual.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: November 13, 2019, 06:17:48 am »

How do you know it wasn't?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 775