Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 841383 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6615 on: November 27, 2019, 09:04:13 am »

The system's designed to fuck you over. Don't give the bastards the satisfaction. Go to every idiot meeting just to spite them.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: November 27, 2019, 01:10:46 pm »

It's not mild and it's not upset.. I'm fucking furious. Excel has been acting up today (having trouble opening a file and then deleting some things while trying to restore it) and then it crashed right and now it refuses to run at all, CTDing every fucking time.

Looking up the error in that horrible windows event viewer because MS Office either don't have their own logs (according to a google search) I found the event's ID (1000) and the proposed solutions none, of which is guaranteed to work and going all trial and error is going to take a quite some time.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: November 27, 2019, 03:24:04 pm »

Try OpenOffice instead? Free and while it may not have all the functionality of MS Excel, it does the job.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: November 27, 2019, 03:37:07 pm »

I use its offshoot, LibreOffice in parrallel to MS office because I prefer LO's Writer to MS Word, so I do have an alternative. Thing is that I'm pretty much required to work on xls/xlsx files and sometimes LO has trouble whith them. So I have to find a fix sooner than later.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: November 28, 2019, 08:41:19 pm »

Made the mistake of joining a discussion about tea. Everybody seemed confused that my experience with tea mostly consists of imported green tea drinks from the local asian market.

Explained that yes, I have drank """"real"""" tea, black, green and Earl Grey, hot and cold, plain and with honey/sugar/milk/cream, brewed according to exact specifications that would make particle physicists blush and raise their skirts

yes, even after mathematically brute-forcing every possible combination of teas, temperatures, steep times, brewing mediums and mix-ins, I still don't like plain tea that comes in little bags or sometimes jars

only for somebody to jump in, wagging an accusitory finger and declaring

BuT tHaTs NoT rEaL tEa!!1!

After a suspenseful neck-and-neck race, tea snobs have beaten out coffee snobs and wine snobs for the title of "Scum Of The Earth, In My Opinion."
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: November 28, 2019, 10:14:31 pm »

If it comes in a bag, it ain't real tea.   
Teabags ruin the taste. Black tea, ideally with a li'l bit of milk and maybe sugar, that's how tea oughta be. Unless it's for medicinal purposes, then there's a variety of herbal teas that are supposed to be pretty good. Also Vegemite tea. Also that one other kind of tea favoured by hedge wizards.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: November 28, 2019, 11:30:15 pm »

I am very tired.

Management has done me raw this past week, and I feel like a shuffling corpse today.

(5 days, one day off, then 4 more.  Now on day 3 of the last 4.)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: November 29, 2019, 02:47:54 am »

with a li'l bit of milk
Conditioning people around the world that this isn't an abomination unto the eyes of the Almighty is the worst thing that the came out of the British empire. The thought of it upsets me more than Vegemite tea.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: November 29, 2019, 02:49:38 am »

The UK horror of milky tea is not constrained to just the UK.

I have seen milky chai tea in asian stores. Contemplate that most asians are lactose intolerant.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: November 29, 2019, 02:53:25 am »

The Empire's milky tentacles had mindraped many innocent cultures.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: November 29, 2019, 04:03:19 am »

At last, the stirring of the tea is complete.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: November 29, 2019, 04:49:49 am »

I have seen milky chai tea in asian stores. Contemplate that most asians are lactose intolerant.
Except for Indians, who are the predominant producers and consumers of masala chai.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: November 29, 2019, 04:57:34 am »

A pertinent point of course, except persons of Indian subcontinental descent are of very low population numbers in the local area; Vietnamese, Korean, and Lao populations dominate.  Those tend toward being lactose intolerant...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: November 29, 2019, 05:12:23 am »

A pertinent point of course, except persons of Indian subcontinental descent are of very low population numbers in the local area; Vietnamese, Korean, and Lao populations dominate.  Those tend toward being lactose intolerant...
Which is exactly why the resident Indians have to get their specific groceries at the East Asian market, instead of there being enough demand for their own dedicated shops!

Well, I mean, I say that... And the Turkish shop down the street here does stock Thai wares because there's no proper generic Asian mart... But on the other hand, the Vietnamese propped up their own tiny little grocer a couple streets over, and I'm pretty sure the people running the place are mainly just selling to the one other Vietnamese family in the city.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: November 29, 2019, 05:24:47 am »

You misunderstand, i frequently see Lao and Korean people drinking said tea.

See also, thai tea.

https://whiteonricecouple.com/recipes/thai-tea-recipe/

Again. Lactose intolerance coupled with milky tea. India not applicable.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 05:27:12 am by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 775