Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 774

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 837115 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6720 on: December 17, 2019, 06:54:25 am »

yank the battery, wait a few minutes, then reconnect it.
Is there a way to do this without disassembling the unit? My phone doesn't have a removable battery.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6721 on: December 17, 2019, 06:59:01 am »

probably not in that case, but its probably what it needs.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6722 on: December 17, 2019, 08:57:01 am »

Thats so true for so many websites. If the advertisers were trustworthy and their ads weren't obnoxious videos and gifs that insist on loading before everything else, I would gladly whitelist them. Hell, I might even occasionally purchase their products or visit their site. But no, they link to tracking cookies, virus downloads, pop ups and waste huge quantities of my data, which I have to pay for, and prevent my desired content from loading.

Really, it's always been the advertisers who shoot themselves in the foot

I've been using noscript so I can block the most egregious offenders, but let other stuff through. It's more effort, but I'd like to reward them putting in the effort.

Mostly, everyone goes with Google-based stuff, and they've proven repeatedly they can't be trusted.

Ugh, I can't force myself to do anything productive. When I think about coding, writing, drawing or playing guitar, I just get this tired feeling in my bones.

I think that's normal. It probably isn't, but...eh.

Edit: And I'm always disappointed to learn that Street Fighter is no longer just adding more words after the 2, and instead are naming games with larger numbers. That was always a great gag.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 11:30:51 am by Iduno »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6723 on: December 17, 2019, 12:35:10 pm »

I quit my job. I was growing increasingly frustrated so I kind of had to. Even so it always makes one uneasy

I handwrote a resignation letter today for my job. I have it hidden away in my work-cubby. My friend wants to reassure me that I just need a two-week vacation; I really couldn't get a word in edgewise as to how I feel I'm wasting my life and that I'm certain to disintegrate psychologically over time, and that I'm already disintegrating. She's very well-meaning though, she doesn't want me to cast myself out into joblessness without a plan, when that's exactly what I want to do, as I want to establish a new baseline of living for myself before making another move; and she's worried that I'll waste all the seniority and shit I've built up over the years, though I don't really give a fuck about that I'm in a deadend job anyway.  *(EDIT: To be clear, I have 10k in the bank, so I definitely could live on my own for a while)*

Also, I can't help but think that that is very cowardly logic, and that if I'm going to do anything I need to throw what is logically the "good, safe idea" and just destroy my own identity. I can't do that with safe, step-by-step, methodologic planning; I need the force of suddenly, intense change to do that, to shatter who I am, so I can become someone else. Naturally I can't think of something like that to say in the middle of a conversation, but that's how I was feeling, and I couldn't really retort her optimistic reassurances except with an exasperated "....huh...". She really does want to give support, and she intuits that my motivations are partly suicidal, which they definitely are, so I can't be upset at her.

Still have this resignation letter, and thinking what to do with it, and I just hate the idea of taking things slow, I want my future in my hands right fucking now goddamnit.

Well, you don’t need to do anything that drastic. You have the pennies to survive joblessness for a time, but... you don’t need to be jobless immediately to change anything.

Equally so, your job is not your identity. What you do doesn’t have any bearing on who you are, unless you want it to.

If you’ve truly given up on your job, you look for another one. If you’re not sure what industry you want to work in, research. What do you enjoy doing is a good start. What happened to the careers dude you were seeing?
Perhaps the better question(s) would be why you think taking such drastic action is necessary to achieve your future in your hands right now (and what that would entail)?

Why you think you doing so will make you a completely different person?

Why do you think being a completely different person is desirable?

Is it even achievable? I mean, you’re you. You’re always going to be you. What joy will it bring you being not-you? What even is not-you?

Honestly I want to answer your questions, but thinking on it deeply ruins my mood and makes me depressed. Please don't think I'm just drive-by slamming the upset thread and then disappearing; I think it's rude to ignore people that are concerned, but dwelling on my issues just fucks me up. Venting on Bay12 is something where I do it because I'm sad, but it makes me more sad as I feel even more despondent from rolling around in my sadness like a dirty pig in mud.

To give a brief answer though: I think that who I am currently, as a person, just simply doesn't even have the necessary 'ingredient' or crucial part of my soul to actually be happy with my life. Something is just wrong, and it always seems to me that the only way to build myself up is to destroy myself first, and then rebuild into who I need to be. That's the hypothesis.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6724 on: December 17, 2019, 03:29:35 pm »

Nah don’t worry about ignoring the questions I ask (at least in the thread) I just have some experience with depression and like to think I can help, I’m just not very good at articulating my experience in such a way as it’s easily digestible and can serve as some sort of guiding light to better coping mechanisms or whatever I hope it can do. Be useful, I guess.

There’s no obligation on your part to acknowledge, answer, or even engage with my questions, ‘cause yeah, I know that thinking about what’s bothering you just leads to being more bothered by it. The questions I asked were more food for thought than anything else, ‘cause (and this is where I have trouble articulating stuff) it allows you to flesh out and then challenge bits about it.

The biggest problem with my way of thinking is I’m somewhat emotionally stunted so the things I do to avoid/get out of episodes might not work for others.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #6725 on: December 18, 2019, 06:52:04 am »

I had my phone's battery replaced today, and now the battery is showing good health. That would be great and all, but now it won't charge. Also, the repairman forgot to put the SIM card tray back, so now I can't put a SIM card into it.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: December 18, 2019, 06:53:31 am »

take it back to the service center you used, and set things right.  They should have tested that functionality at service time.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6727 on: December 18, 2019, 10:19:55 am »

Ableist capitalism, coming soon to a bathroom near you.

Bad back? Weak knees? Incontinence? Die somewhere else trash, we're ~~profiting~~ here.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6728 on: December 18, 2019, 10:50:13 am »

I think its fairly brilliant.  And I support it.

Its a good way to indirectly influence people's behaviors.

I think the best future will have many of these types of influencers.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: December 18, 2019, 11:31:03 am »

And then the next level is toilet seats with a timer attached, which activate when being sat on. Once the timer hits 0, electrified spikes poke from the seat, to make goddamn sure you get off the crapper and back to work.

And then the next level after that is a bidet-like firehose installed in the bowl, which blasts water at high pressure to jettison whomever is sitting off the toilet and out of the stall altogether.

And then the level AFTER THAT is a Resident Evil-style spike ceiling that slowly descends on the unsuspecting shitter, promising to crush them into meat paste if they take too long.

And so on and so forth.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #6730 on: December 18, 2019, 01:56:26 pm »

Must have rolled a 1 while eating ramen today. Slipped some noodles and somehow the angle was just right for the spicy soup to whip off the end of the noodle and directly into my left eye.

Cue blinding pain for 10 minutes.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6731 on: December 18, 2019, 08:58:46 pm »

That happens to me oddly frequently.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6732 on: December 18, 2019, 11:53:04 pm »

So... I got offered a job in a city I like a lot (abroad), but it was only for a month, so I couldn't make it work :(
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6733 on: December 19, 2019, 05:00:29 am »

Bad back? Weak knees? Incontinence? Die somewhere else trash, we're ~~profiting~~ here.

Hey at least the bullied kids will develop massive leg muscles
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6734 on: December 19, 2019, 05:49:16 am »

Hey at least the bullied kids will develop massive leg muscles
Time to show them what you got
https://youtu.be/I1188GO4p1E
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 774