Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 538

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 376584 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Abandon that which came before.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6750 on: December 02, 2019, 09:11:05 pm »

I'm pretty sure that cats can see ghosts.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: December 03, 2019, 06:09:37 am »

That's a possibility I hadn't considered.  I've never seen mice or rats in the house, and it's been warmer lately, but some nights have been getting quite cold up until recently.

I don't think this is it, but it's at least conceivable.  I'm starting to think it's because he likes to drink out of the toilet and is upset he can't get to it at night, but I don't know why he'd start doing that recently either.  He's got a water bowl he can get to that the other cats are perfectly happy with and he drinks out of it, so... I don't know.

About water -- many cats dislike drinking from the same place that they eat (something something instincts). My cat refused to drink when her water was next to her food bowl. I had to move it across the room for her to drink from it on a regular basis.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: December 03, 2019, 09:56:11 am »

My friend's cats have a great big bowl of water (in a different room from the food bowls) that gets switched out multiple times throughout the day, and they make a point of digging around it so they can get to the fresher water at the bottom...

Still gotta keep the bathroom door closed to keep them from drinking out of the toilet.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: December 03, 2019, 10:24:53 am »

I was wondering if he disliked the water bowl because it was "stagnant", so I got one of those circulating waterfall water bowls for them, and he does seem to like it better.  He still meowed in the bathroom at a ghost a couple of times yesterday, but less than the day before.  Surprisingly, he didn't meow at the bedroom door at all last night, so that's a relief.

I don't think it was the water bowl though, and I think he's just calming down some.  Based on some other behavior, like waking up and immediately turning around to look for me, I think he just had a weird bout of separation anxiety and thinks I'm going to disappear if he can't see me.  Maybe that's getting better.  I did leave the house for Thanksgiving, but that's not really that unusual since I'm also gone on most weekends.  I don't really see why that would trigger it.

Cats do weird things.
Success requires no explanation.  Failure allows none.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: December 03, 2019, 04:27:16 pm »

I was wondering if he disliked the water bowl because it was "stagnant", so I got one of those circulating waterfall water bowls for them, and he does seem to like it better.  He still meowed in the bathroom at a ghost a couple of times yesterday, but less than the day before.  Surprisingly, he didn't meow at the bedroom door at all last night, so that's a relief.

I don't think it was the water bowl though, and I think he's just calming down some.  Based on some other behavior, like waking up and immediately turning around to look for me, I think he just had a weird bout of separation anxiety and thinks I'm going to disappear if he can't see me.  Maybe that's getting better.  I did leave the house for Thanksgiving, but that's not really that unusual since I'm also gone on most weekends.  I don't really see why that would trigger it.

Cats do weird things.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: December 08, 2019, 05:27:56 am »

I'm so bored, I just want to sleep so that I can end today and get tomorrow started. No such luck though, I can't sleep because a) wide awake, not even a little relaxed, b) can't stop thinking about things that don't matter.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: December 08, 2019, 05:45:06 am »

Meanwhile I slept 11 hours...
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • The day will never come, so make it today instead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: December 08, 2019, 06:11:08 am »

Day 7 of toothache town. Iím running out of painkillers and the bloody dentist is still being obtuse.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: December 08, 2019, 09:56:27 am »

Maybe see a different dentist?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: December 08, 2019, 10:01:51 am »

Day 7 of toothache town. Iím running out of painkillers and the bloody dentist is still being obtuse.
Dang, unlucky. The last dentist I saw was a cutie.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cinder

• Bay Watcher
  • This machine kills fascists.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: December 09, 2019, 06:12:16 am »

Yoink is the only person on this planet who is still in the mood to flirt after somebody has poked his facebones for half an hour.
One True Polycule with flame99 <3

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: December 09, 2019, 06:14:58 am »

Some might say this was an oblique pun.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: December 09, 2019, 09:42:25 am »

Man, that comic kind of spelled out how I feel about the having of teeth. It beats the alternative, but they suck at doing what they're there for.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: December 09, 2019, 10:34:57 am »

Yoink is the only person on this planet who is still in the mood to flirt after somebody has poked his facebones for half an hour.
Uh... Phrasing?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: December 09, 2019, 05:08:57 pm »

Been noticing lately that my physical strength has declined a lot over the past two years since my depression started to dive a lot. Also been having a chronic pain in my shoulder that sometimes runs down to my elbow or all the way to the bottom two fingers on my right hand. Spikes with certain movements. It's been there to some extent since I worked at Amazon a couple years back, but the past month or two it's been getting pretty bad.

Need to start going to the gym and/or pool once or twice a week I think. Of course, thinking about it is easy, doubt I'll bring myself to do anything on a regular basis.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 538