Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 840751 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6945 on: February 05, 2020, 02:18:09 pm »

Well yeah, reading about that was how I made this discovery.
'Twas in a Reddit thread about worst movies and someone mentioned how Travolta made it as a tribute to his favourite science fiction author/prophet/cult leader. I really want to watch that hot mess now, in any case.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6946 on: February 05, 2020, 04:11:55 pm »

Had kind of a crash at the gym today... I've recently discovered that my glutes aren't activating properly, so all the progress I thought I was making with squats and deadlifts was, in fact, being taken over by my back... Which has of course rebelled and is now simmering with hatred.

So I gotta train my butt up, and I had kind of a meeting with just how weak those muscles are when trying to do glute exercises and struggling severely with getting them to do their actual job and not letting the other muscles take over. Ended up having to drop the weight way down, and over the course of the workout I ended up dipping into my emergency reserve of energy... The one I have to maintain at all times to keep from just breaking down in tears.

Yeah... Fun!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6947 on: February 06, 2020, 04:24:03 am »

My seminar presentation didn't went as well as I hoped, and combining with my stupidity with the summary making my grade will be ahh, which sucks but at least I finished with it.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6948 on: February 07, 2020, 10:45:31 pm »

Styling my hair is stupid hard, it's exactly the wrong length for everything, my roots are showing and I have stupid neck floof that sticks straight out of my neck like antennas.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6949 on: February 07, 2020, 11:43:49 pm »

When you think you've acquired a new romantic interest, but then a quick glance through their social media page(s) reveals some rather dumb political views.   

Still cute, though. Argh.
Maybe in future I just shouldn't look at the social media of anyone I'm attracted to...
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6950 on: February 08, 2020, 02:21:32 am »

Nooooo it's an opportunity for conversation!  Well, once (if) the banal back-and-forth runs out.  If my Gma tolerated her husband despite being a very different kind of Christian, surely we can agree to disagree with our loved ones about things?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6951 on: February 08, 2020, 04:27:17 am »

Blah. I'm doing everything wrong, and feeling bad about it instead of letting go.

On the bright side, I've got "tell the world to fuck itself" plans for Valentine's day, so I'm officially booked.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6952 on: February 08, 2020, 03:10:22 pm »

Burned my knee doing propane today. Someone had a custom tank with a quick disconnect, which it turns out wasn't connected properly and blasted off on me when I opened the valve.

No more custom tanks. Fucking hurts.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6953 on: February 08, 2020, 05:26:00 pm »

"Custom" and "propane tank" are words that should never be together
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6954 on: February 09, 2020, 05:41:58 am »

Nooooo it's an opportunity for conversation!  Well, once (if) the banal back-and-forth runs out.  If my Gma tolerated her husband despite being a very different kind of Christian, surely we can agree to disagree with our loved ones about things?
That is a good point. Social media and its constant voicing of opinions certainly can put a spanner in the works when it comes to relationships.
I'm pretty sure there was a time within living memory when two people could discuss their differing views and beliefs without their conversation being a predetermined disaster from the start.

This post may not make much sense, but oh well I'm tired. Various things have made me mildly upset today but I haven't time to list them all.
Good night Bay12!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6955 on: February 10, 2020, 09:01:13 am »

My stress-related (or maybe just allergy-related?) eczema is back. Either way, my palms won't stop itching. I also got the urge to get real drunk last night, for the first time in a while. I think I might be stressed out, but I'm not why exactly.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6956 on: February 10, 2020, 04:35:34 pm »

I think my school would expel someone for being gay or lesbian.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 05:05:26 pm by Eschar »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6957 on: February 10, 2020, 04:51:16 pm »

I think my school would expel someone for being gay or lesbian. Just thinking about that makes me sad and angry. I'd like to think I would side with the student, but I would probably just stay quiet. It's not like I could fix anything right?

._.

The hell kind of school do you go to? Where, i suppose is a more important question.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6958 on: February 10, 2020, 04:53:01 pm »

I think my school would expel someone for being gay or lesbian. Just thinking about that makes me sad and angry. I'd like to think I would side with the student, but I would probably just stay quiet. It's not like I could fix anything right?

._.

The hell kind of school do you go to? Where, i suppose is a more important question.

A private Christian school in the South.

I'm not sure of their policy exactly, though, so it may be less strict than I'm thinking here.

I can't find their rules handbook online, so I can't confirm right now.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 05:12:59 pm by Eschar »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6959 on: February 10, 2020, 07:35:01 pm »

._.

A private Christian school in the South.

I'm not sure of their policy exactly, though, so it may be less strict than I'm thinking here.

I can't find their rules handbook online, so I can't confirm right now.

Yeesh. I'm not sure what the situation is, but if you don't think fighting the school is best, just be sure to offer as much support to the student in question as you possibly can.

I went to a private Christian school as well for some time, but that was up north. They were fairly strict (dress code, etc), but nothing like that.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 775