Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 842390 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #7020 on: February 26, 2020, 08:32:20 am »

Sour is usually not something I associate with bread and cheese and tomato sauce.

Actually, a squeeze of lemon juice in a marinara can really expand the flavor. I mean, I wouldn't want to eat lemon wedges in my pasta or my pizza, but a little squirt can be quite refreshing.

No, I'm not gonna rephrase that.

Also, sauteed cremini mushrooms with lemon juice and black pepper? Veeery nice.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: February 26, 2020, 10:45:12 am »

I've been thinking about what I'm going to want to spend all my free time on when I'm newly unemployed and can actually devote my time to being productive throughout my day rather than my schedule being 1. work 2. plan my day around my sleep schedule so I always have enough sleep for work 3. always feel WAY TOO FUCKING rushed and/or tired to do anything meaningful or productive in my non-work hours, so I just squander them on whatever 4. Hate my life all day, every day as a result.

So one of the things I'd been meaning to do with my life was learn how to draw. I've always venerated the skill as belonging to the realm of magic, and only wizards born with magic blood in their veins could ever hope to place paint/pencil to paper and create a fucking image. To overcome this and atleast be glad to be able to do something artistic once in my awful life, I've booted up Pokemon Art Academy that's been sitting unused on my 3DS for years now. I had some progress already on it, but I deleted that and started a new save file.

I have no clue what it is, but something about putting my stylus down to create art just FILLS ME WITH ANXIETY. Even the act of writing my signature, at the very beginning before the art has even begun, and I feel my anxiety starting to crank up as I nervously try to write my own name, feel it's stupid, delete it, rinse and repeat ten times, before going IT'S FINE IT'S FINE! IT'S OK! STOP STRESSING ABOUT IT AND JUST PROCEED FORWARD FUCK!

The first task is to make a chalk drawing of Pikachu's face. My internal monologue is screaming IT'S FINE! DON'T STRESS THAT IT'S NOT A PERFECT OVAL OR A PERFECT EAR OR A PERFECT EYE OR WHATEVER! JUST FUCKING DO IT AND PROCEED FORWARD! IT'S FINE IT'S FINE IT'S FINE IT'S FINE IT'S FUCKING FINE! NOBODY'S GOING TO SEE IT AND NOBODY CARES. EVERYTHING IS OK. FUCK!

I needed to put the 3DS down after that.

I just need to force myself out of my comfort zone here, often enough that I can actually, I don't know, be artistic. I'd like to see the world that an artist sees it, and to give a little life to the many daydreams and fantasies that I've created and built-up over my years of life. That'd be nice.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 10:54:50 am by JoshuaFH »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: February 26, 2020, 11:49:21 am »

Well, lesson learned, now I just need to work up the motivation to write it again.
Gods, I loathe these people. /vaguebooking

I think Imic was referring to the forums eating his posts a bit earlier.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7023 on: February 26, 2020, 01:28:32 pm »

I've been thinking about what I'm going to want to spend all my free time on when I'm newly unemployed and can actually devote my time to being productive throughout my day rather than my schedule being 1. work 2. plan my day around my sleep schedule so I always have enough sleep for work 3. always feel WAY TOO FUCKING rushed and/or tired to do anything meaningful or productive in my non-work hours, so I just squander them on whatever 4. Hate my life all day, every day as a result.

So one of the things I'd been meaning to do with my life was learn how to draw. I've always venerated the skill as belonging to the realm of magic, and only wizards born with magic blood in their veins could ever hope to place paint/pencil to paper and create a fucking image. To overcome this and atleast be glad to be able to do something artistic once in my awful life, I've booted up Pokemon Art Academy that's been sitting unused on my 3DS for years now. I had some progress already on it, but I deleted that and started a new save file.

I have no clue what it is, but something about putting my stylus down to create art just FILLS ME WITH ANXIETY. Even the act of writing my signature, at the very beginning before the art has even begun, and I feel my anxiety starting to crank up as I nervously try to write my own name, feel it's stupid, delete it, rinse and repeat ten times, before going IT'S FINE IT'S FINE! IT'S OK! STOP STRESSING ABOUT IT AND JUST PROCEED FORWARD FUCK!

The first task is to make a chalk drawing of Pikachu's face. My internal monologue is screaming IT'S FINE! DON'T STRESS THAT IT'S NOT A PERFECT OVAL OR A PERFECT EAR OR A PERFECT EYE OR WHATEVER! JUST FUCKING DO IT AND PROCEED FORWARD! IT'S FINE IT'S FINE IT'S FINE IT'S FINE IT'S FUCKING FINE! NOBODY'S GOING TO SEE IT AND NOBODY CARES. EVERYTHING IS OK. FUCK!

I needed to put the 3DS down after that.

I just need to force myself out of my comfort zone here, often enough that I can actually, I don't know, be artistic. I'd like to see the world that an artist sees it, and to give a little life to the many daydreams and fantasies that I've created and built-up over my years of life. That'd be nice.

The best solution to worrying about what other people think of you/things you do, is realizing they generally don't. If you want to make something, do it for yourself.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: February 26, 2020, 05:49:38 pm »

Somebody from SSA finally tried to call me and I missed them by five minutes. Called back and I ended up missing them right back. I have a feeling that phone call was my one chance and they're going to stonewall me for another five months.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7025 on: February 27, 2020, 12:32:01 am »

The best solution to worrying about what other people think of you/things you do, is realizing they generally don't. If you want to make something, do it for yourself.

I don't mean to rebuff your good intentions Iduna, but that's not what I said.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: February 27, 2020, 01:31:53 am »

Well, lesson learned, now I just need to work up the motivation to write it again.
Gods, I loathe these people. /vaguebooking

I think Imic was referring to the forums eating his posts a bit earlier.
I wasn't responding to Imic! I certainly don't loathe him(?). That was referring to certain folks I am currently dealing with IRL.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: February 27, 2020, 05:02:18 am »

I've always venerated the skill as belonging to the realm of magic, and only wizards born with magic blood in their veins could ever hope to place paint/pencil to paper and create a fucking image. To overcome this and atleast be glad to be able to do something artistic once in my awful life, I've booted up Pokemon Art Academy that's been sitting unused on my 3DS for years now.
Yer an artist, Oshawott 'OshuaFH.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: February 27, 2020, 09:39:26 am »

Why must my digestive issues go into overdrive when I need to sleep and get up at 5:30?! Dx
Booze is Life for Yoink

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: February 27, 2020, 10:33:36 am »

Why must my digestive issues go into overdrive when I need to sleep and get up at 5:30?! Dx

Stress?

Edit: The MCU movies are disappointing, but doubly so if that's Marvel' story of Thor. They put in extra effort  to write new, less entertaining, backstories and explanations for a character who already existed, and also chose the wrong main character. I'd read/watch a miniseries of Loki killing Baldur as a joke, or giving birth to a horse, or kidnap and then rescue someone.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 11:48:41 am by Iduno »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: February 28, 2020, 08:13:06 am »

It's Friday night and payday, and the bank that processes our pay is having an outage. Normally we'd have been paid around 5pm but it's midnight now, and No Pay For You. Some colleagues are supposed to be having a party tomorrow too. Would suck if they don't get paid by then.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: February 28, 2020, 09:26:53 am »

Stress?
I stress alllllllllll the time, though. *shrug*
Booze is Life for Yoink

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: February 28, 2020, 10:15:24 am »

Stress?
I stress alllllllllll the time, though. *shrug*

Yeah, that's normal. You just need to keep the stress low enough to not kill you in the short term.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: February 28, 2020, 11:34:33 am »

Burnt my finger on my tortoise's heat lamp while cleaning her out. Stings like blazes.

I really need to get her into a better set up, her viv being on the floor is nice for her since she can just walk in and out when the doors are open, but it makes it a pain to clean and there's no depth to the floor so I can't put in any plants or deep substrate. Sadly I have no space for such a thing.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: February 28, 2020, 06:16:51 pm »

Yeah, that's normal. You just need to keep the stress low enough to not kill you in the short term.
What, so I can have a long, drawn-out death by stress instead? You're really sellin' this to me...
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 775