Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 774

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 836571 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #7080 on: March 12, 2020, 04:08:30 pm »

Minor "anxiety attack" (?) happened today

Sort of like that feeling right before getting in a car accident, where you know something bad is about to happen, and it's too late to do anything about it? Except it lasts for 15 minutes-a few hours?
there was a time in PE during high school where I was playing dodgeball and about a second before I got hit, I got a feeling like I was about to get hit, are you talking about that, but extended?

Yeah, except also you think you might die. That's why I went with car accident.
oh. Haven’t had that feeling, then

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: March 13, 2020, 02:28:55 pm »

I am training to do a new job, and I've an excess of work to be completed. Or, as the kids say, jobs start coming and they don't stop coming. Fed the rules and I hit the ground running.

I joke, because it's the only good way to handle stress.

Yeah, my brain doesn't work what you might call "normal."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: March 13, 2020, 02:31:06 pm »

Minor "anxiety attack" (?) happened today

Sort of like that feeling right before getting in a car accident, where you know something bad is about to happen, and it's too late to do anything about it? Except it lasts for 15 minutes-a few hours?
there was a time in PE during high school where I was playing dodgeball and about a second before I got hit, I got a feeling like I was about to get hit, are you talking about that, but extended?

Yeah, except also you think you might die. That's why I went with car accident.
A video game analogy for anxiety is feeling as if a boss health bar has just appeared on screen, boss music has kicked in... but the boss itself never appears. It is unpleasant.

Well, I'm kind of fucked when it comes to employment in the short-term it seems. As a recently-graduated historian, most of my job prospects are in the area of education... except it's all getting suspended thanks to covid-19. Yay.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: March 13, 2020, 02:32:02 pm »

Yeah, my brain doesn't work what you might call "normal."
Neither does mine

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: March 15, 2020, 08:59:43 pm »

I'm going through a refresher course in driving school to prepare for my driving test tomorrow. Given how badly I'm sucking at parallel parking, I really don't think there's a chance in hell that I'll pass. The worst part is, I actually become half-decent once I'm on the road, but because of that goddamned parallel parking section (and the rest of the circuit, for that matter), I won't get to show it.

The circuit feels like being in a room full of laser tripwires, and tripping just one of them blows it up. It's stressful, it's nerve-wracking, and it's all about following long and complex instructions that I just can't follow.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: March 16, 2020, 01:06:12 pm »

Somewhat annoyed right now; with the corona virus scare, everyone has bought out all the food and stuff from the stores. I mean I'm flat broke so I couldnt buy a can of chili if there was one.
And now, everyone is apparently on the internet, because for the first time I'm unable to watch youtube videos.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: March 16, 2020, 01:40:21 pm »

I'm going through a refresher course in driving school to prepare for my driving test tomorrow. Given how badly I'm sucking at parallel parking, I really don't think there's a chance in hell that I'll pass. The worst part is, I actually become half-decent once I'm on the road, but because of that goddamned parallel parking section (and the rest of the circuit, for that matter), I won't get to show it.

The circuit feels like being in a room full of laser tripwires, and tripping just one of them blows it up. It's stressful, it's nerve-wracking, and it's all about following long and complex instructions that I just can't follow.

Yeah, I remember it being unnecessarily stressful.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: March 16, 2020, 08:57:31 pm »

I'm currently doing my driving test (waiting between tests right now) and my nerves are fucking wracked.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: March 16, 2020, 09:46:56 pm »

Don't think I had to do parallel parking in my tests. Good luck, driving tests are just stressful period. You get so stressed trying to keep the car going straight at an even speed that you forget to signal before your turn, or some other dumb thing that costs you points.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: March 17, 2020, 12:12:27 am »

Ain't y'all ever played WarioWare?   
It'll teach you everything ya need to know about parking.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: March 17, 2020, 12:34:48 am »

It'll teach you everything ya need to know about parking life.   
FTFY
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: March 17, 2020, 07:17:57 am »

The most stressful part of my driving test was getting out of the parking lot.

There was a construction vehicle unloading something at the only exit, so I had to - on instruction from the dude giving the test - drive up the kerb into the next parking lot over to actually get out. Probably damaged the car in the process, but I passed the test with 4 demerits. Didn’t have to parallel park, but I recall him asking me to start reversing after parking, and immediately telling me to stop ‘cause I went too fast heh.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: March 17, 2020, 08:14:54 am »

FTFY

True. My understanding of soccer is still "Fuck if I know. Sometimes something happens or not for some reason." I don't think anyone I knew could figure out that minigame. Washing a cow or opening a champagne bottle were easy. Great game aside from the stupid soccer thing.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: March 17, 2020, 01:13:47 pm »

FTFY

True. My understanding of soccer is still "Fuck if I know. Sometimes something happens or not for some reason." I don't think anyone I knew could figure out that minigame. Washing a cow or opening a champagne bottle were easy. Great game aside from the stupid soccer thing.

Rules of soccer: kick the ball. If anyone else comes within six feet of your person, stop, drop, and roll, preferably clutching an appendage and look like you’re in pain.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: March 17, 2020, 04:12:13 pm »

The most stressful part of my driving test was getting out of the parking lot.

There was a construction vehicle unloading something at the only exit, so I had to - on instruction from the dude giving the test - drive up the kerb into the next parking lot over to actually get out. Probably damaged the car in the process, but I passed the test with 4 demerits. Didn’t have to parallel park, but I recall him asking me to start reversing after parking, and immediately telling me to stop ‘cause I went too fast heh.

I had no parallel parking, I passed my theory first time with high marks and had a great practical.

I totaled the car a week later. C'est la vie de la voiture, non?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 774