Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 774

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 835421 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #7365 on: April 20, 2020, 04:46:35 pm »

Going back from work and realizing my brakes work only sporadically. Luckily the road is fairly deserted at this time so there wasn't any danger to others and I managed to get home without flying off a cliff side, will have to check these bastards out in the morning tho, can't have the brake pedal be a useless decoration now can we.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7366 on: April 27, 2020, 01:08:33 am »

I've been really bitter and angry lately. Just today, I made a stupid decision playing Mahjong, and I just got so fucking pissed I spent an hour just screaming and throwing a shit fit, only stopping cause I had raged myself into exhaustion and I was just too tired to keep it up. Now my voice is really hoarse and my throat hurts. Though in hindsight I've just been getting set off by almost anything lately, and just losing my temper and ruining my own mood.

I wouldn't ever yell at anyone, that would break the strict code of behavior that I'm programmed to adhere to, but when I'm by myself, and there's no standards, my psychology just goes apeshit at the smallest annoyances. and I'm by myself most of the time. I just feel like my own worst enemy, always out to ruin my own day.

TheSteppeWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Надад чонын сэтгэл байна
    • View Profile
« Reply #7367 on: April 27, 2020, 08:29:32 am »

The gaming industry's obsession with "realism" and "DLC" and "competitive multiplayers". Why does everything have to be multiplayer nowadays? Same with photo realistic 3D graphics, why do we, exactly, need it, when we can focus on depth and actual fun?
Those who stomp on Mongolian land, will leave their lives on Mongolian doorstep.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7368 on: April 27, 2020, 08:46:42 am »

Multiplayer gaming is just more realistic. If you don't like it, why don't you buy the single player DLC?
Love, scriver~

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7369 on: April 27, 2020, 08:51:51 am »

I was on track to do really well this semester. For the first time in a long time, I felt on top of things, and then quarantine happened and I'm like a day's worth of procrastinating from getting Cs or worse in all my classes. I'm just super bummed and I can't really/don't know how to speak to my professors about my difficulties.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7370 on: April 27, 2020, 09:33:26 am »

I was on track to do really well this semester. For the first time in a long time, I felt on top of things, and then quarantine happened and I'm like a day's worth of procrastinating from getting Cs or worse in all my classes. I'm just super bummed and I can't really/don't know how to speak to my professors about my difficulties.

I'm guessing they're all already aware. It's real common right now.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #7371 on: April 27, 2020, 09:44:17 am »

I feel... weird and stressed. I don't know how else to describe it. It's not good, but at least it doesn't reach officially Not Good levels like stuff last summer
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 11:52:45 am by Eschar »

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #7372 on: April 29, 2020, 02:12:21 am »

Fucking hell, this media center thing is a pain in the ass to get working. It's not the media center part that's not working, it's getting Kore (the official remote app for Kodi) to work with Kodi on that thing. At first, it worked, but the dynamic IP is a pain, since it changes every restart. Then I tried changing the thing's settings to use a static IP using settings I thought would work. Internet connectivity worked, but apparently, Kodi was just being a dick and refusing to cooperate with Kore. So now I gotta go back to a dynamic IP, and just deal with whatever IP address it gives me. This is bullshit. Maybe I chose the wrong gateway IP, or maybe the subnet mask's wrong, I don't know.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7373 on: April 30, 2020, 04:19:25 pm »

I restartes my Tyranny playthrough because

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #7374 on: May 01, 2020, 05:57:18 am »

In the next hour, I'm going to take a medication, olanzapine. My psychosis is worsening somewhat because of lockdown, which is why I'm being prescribed it. That, and I'm becoming somewhat of an insomniac due to stress. I don't know why I'm so nervous about this. I mean, it's just an antipsychotic, I've had a history with 2 of those. I already know that feeling of having your mind slowed down to the point of feeling like you're dead is standard for such meds.

But there's still a voice in the back of my head saying that this is a bad idea. I don't know why.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7375 on: May 01, 2020, 07:26:37 am »

I've realized that I may have OCD. (Not hyperbolically.)
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: May 01, 2020, 10:20:05 am »

A weird, protracted conversation about the past (initiated by the other party, mind you - I was just trying to explain the many worlds theory of quantum mechanics) just led to one of my bleak, pointless, upsetting little nostalgia sessions. Haven't had one of those in a while.   
At least this one was largely about different bits of my unfulfilling childhood to the ones I normally get nostalgic about, though that may have been partially to blame for a new problem: I seem to have largely forgotten half of the things I was trying to reminisce about, which is somewhat distressing.   
Not that it really matters, anyway. My meaningless past interactions and countless missed opportunities are better forgotten.

I've realized that I may have OCD. (Not hyperbolically.)

Hell yeah, dude, welcome to the club! :D   
Snacks are individually wrapped on the table over there and there is a sink stocked with plenty of dermatologically-gentle antibacterial handwash to your right as you come in. What are your sympt-- wait, that's probably taking this metaphorical welcome too far. Ahem.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: May 01, 2020, 12:23:03 pm »

Well, see. It's a number of things, and they seem to have piled up over time. There are sometimes exceptions to these. A relatively recent one is my urge to make sure that whatever the left side of my body touches, the analogous part of the right side of my body has to touch strictly more times. There's also my urge that whatever idea I come across, I have to analyze very thoroughly in a sort of reductionist way and then synthesize it back together into one idea in my head. Like, if I laugh at a joke, I feel the urge to explain to myself exactly why I thought it was funny. Even if I don't laugh at a joke I sometimes feel the urge to explain why I didn't laugh at a joke. If someone expresses some opinion then I feel the urge to explain that position. If I don't agree with that position, I feel the urge to explain why they took that position. If I learn something new, I have to wrap my head around it that way too. And sometimes an explanation doesn't sit well with me and I do the whole process over again. This sometimes requires dwelling on the meaning of specific words for ridiculous amounts of time, given the fact that I already know what these words mean. And it can't be too reductionist either, it has to have a big picture view. I also am partial to certain numbers. The order goes something like 1, 3, 11, 21, and then I think it continues with the other numbers of the form 10k+1. "Partial" as in I actively avoid all other numbers in certain cases. So when I touch the left side and the right side of my body to something, the total number of touches has to be one of these numbers. I especially avoid the numbers 13 and 33. There used to be more numbers, but gradually over time I began to feel more uncomfortable at some of them and they got removed from the list. When I open a new tab, I don't want to look at the main new tab screen; I have to focus on only the address bar. This sometimes results in me opening and closing a tab many times. I feel skeptical of doing a lot of things at certain times. I have a sort of system in my head where I make statements in my head and sort of "finalize" them, which involves saying or thinking a certain word or words while thinking of the statement. The word(s) have migrated over time, from "finalize that" to "that's it" to "okay" to "done", and there may have been others at some point. I also sometimes think of something I don't want to think about, and then I feel the need to "erase" that instance of thought with this system. The statements I finalize can sometimes edit other statements I've finalized. When I write some things down, I try to make sure the writing is saying literally what I mean, even if the actual meaning is otherwise clear. When I use sarcasm or something like that, I sometimes feel the need to use the system I gave above to clarify that it's sarcasm. Even when making jokes I'm more careful. I also might have a form of thought-action fusion in some way, which is something I had not heard about until I was looking to see if I have the symptoms of OCD. There's other things too, like making sure there's a newline at the end of each file I write.

Wow, that's a mess. I hope you all don't think I'm a raving lunatic; I recognize that this is irrational and I'm trying to fight it. I think it started sometime last year or 2 years ago, when I had a large amount of emotional stress. I guess I just needed to get this off my chest.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: May 01, 2020, 01:25:26 pm »

It's not that uncommon. Get the help/medicine you need. We'll try to help, but none of us are experts, probably.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7379 on: May 01, 2020, 03:07:28 pm »

don't worry, I just think you're a ravishing lunatic
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 774