Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 774

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 837272 times)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #7560 on: June 10, 2020, 02:10:04 am »

I'm pretty sick of computers and online services these days as well. Bugs and crashes, mandatory updates often containing needless UI redesigns, the constant need for bloody everything to call home on the internet instead of just working. It seems like it's a constant uphill struggle to keep things functioning and familiar.

The latest annoyance being that I keep most of my uninstalled Steam games on a portable drive to save on space. I've tried to reinstall one of these games and Steam acknowledged that the files are present and then decided to download most of the thing anyways. I cannot be positive but I'm pretty sure it has not been updated in the time it was uninstalled and even if it has I don't want any updates. Being in New Zealand any download takes hours. Hrh, computers. I prefer the days when I was a wee child and games came on discs that did not talk to the internet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7561 on: June 10, 2020, 07:54:32 am »

Could be worse though. Were I facing similar conditions in Australia I might have had to add the risk of getting kicked by a kangaroo to the list of inconveniences.
Trust me, attack by wandering kangaroos is probably the least of our worries. It's the humans you gotta watch out for!   
...Though admittedly, one time when I was walking along a rural road at night a kangaroo just about gave me a friggin' heart attack. Something moved in the field to my left (I couldn't see shit) and at first I assumed it was a cow or something, then suddenly there's this series of strange, very loud thumps moving at great speed through the darkness - towards me? Away from me? - I couldn't tell.
Can't remember exactly what my reaction was but I just about collapsed in a gibbering heap before either a glimmer of light illuminated the retreating creature or I figured out what it must have been on my own. Either way, pretty sure it took me a while to calm down. Must have been a bloody big kangaroo, though then again maybe it just seemed louder and more terrifying due to how quiet and dark the scene was.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7562 on: June 10, 2020, 07:58:55 am »

And that kangaroo now tells its children and friends about that time it scared a human

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7563 on: June 10, 2020, 08:13:19 am »

Could be worse though. Were I facing similar conditions in Australia I might have had to add the risk of getting kicked by a kangaroo to the list of inconveniences.
Nighttime kangroos
Yeahup. Glad we don't have any of those over here, or emus, or cassowaries, or dingoes......

It's always good to count your blessings I suppose!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 08:18:27 am by Fire and Glory »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7564 on: June 16, 2020, 06:55:21 am »

So, I ordered a package from a small business in Washington, and was expecting some amount of delays due to the usual 'rona fuckery. 14-20 days for it to get here was perfectly reasonable, given the circumstances.

A month goes by... I check the tracking number, and the package has apparently gone interdimensional The sequence of events:

• [perfectly reasonable bouncing around from smaller dist. centers to larger]
  • Arrives in LA
  • Departs LA
  • Departs Oslo, Norway
  • Departs New York
  • Departs Oslo, Norway
Note that while it's departed four times, it hasn't arrived anywhere since LA. Also it last departed Oslo on June 1st, and considering Oslo is about an hour's drive away from here I'm not sure how they've managed to take so long.

...or at least, I wasn't.

After some investigation, it turns out that Norway has put a block on all outgoing packages to disadvantaged countries that are seen as a significant COVID-19 infection risk. The block goes both ways, and also puts a stop to any packages coming from said countries.

The USA is, of course, on that list.

So basically my $400 package is (presumably) stuck in parcel limbo until such a time as the US is no longer deemed to be a threatening infection vector... Which I'm pretty sure we can agree won't be any time soon.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7565 on: June 16, 2020, 07:10:55 am »

Would sterilization be possible without damaging whatever’s inside the package?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7566 on: June 16, 2020, 08:06:34 am »

Sure, if you are careful while severing the vas deferens
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7567 on: June 16, 2020, 08:33:05 am »

Sure, if you are careful while severing the vas deferens

Very good.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7568 on: June 16, 2020, 09:04:06 am »

Frikin' ads. Youtube has now figured out how to bypass whatever was previously preventing any ads with my adblocker. Now i get a weird overlay that says "watch this ad" with a timer. On the plus side I can't actually see the ad, but the placeholder is there.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7569 on: June 16, 2020, 11:26:28 am »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #7570 on: June 16, 2020, 11:34:55 am »

So the faceless twitter mob thinks Chuck Tingle is all...an act?
That he's faking it his condition?
What?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7571 on: June 16, 2020, 07:11:01 pm »

Friend leans all their weight on the arm rest in the passenger side door of my car today. Entire thing cracks and it splits down the middle.

His first instinct is to play it off rather than apologize.

Going to have to replace the entire door panel if I want to fix it probably, easily a few hundred dollars in parts and labor because of everything that attaches to said door panel if that's the case.

Just fucking apologize like a normal goddamn human being, that's all I really want. I like my friend but sometimes his need to say something smarmy and deflecting for his own ego's sake makes me want to punch him in the face. Christ, you're overweight and used the arm rest as a support mechanism when trying to get up instead of your legs or your ass or anything else. Just cop to it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 07:30:05 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7572 on: June 16, 2020, 08:30:31 pm »

Depending on the car, the interior door panels are pretty easy to replace. Usually just a handful of screws. Hopefully that's the case for you.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7573 on: June 16, 2020, 08:54:01 pm »

There's a lining over the whole thing up to where it flows in to the power window area, but it looks and feels like one piece. We'll see. Car was already going in Thursday for this, that and the other thing. So I guess we'll add this to the list!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7574 on: June 16, 2020, 08:54:39 pm »

So the faceless twitter mob thinks Chuck Tingle is all...an act?
That he's faking it his condition?
What?

Pounded in the butt by cancel culture
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 774