Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 839556 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #8070 on: August 19, 2020, 04:57:32 pm »

This has been a very unpleasant week.
This has been a very unpleasant month.
This has been a very unpleasant year so far

This has been an unpleasant epoch so far.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: August 19, 2020, 05:14:09 pm »

God dammit i stubbed my toe
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: August 19, 2020, 05:44:02 pm »

It's 80°f throughout our facility, hotter here in the kitchen. These are the end times

That's not normal? I can't remember a time in the last 3 months when the temperature inside was lower than that.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: August 19, 2020, 11:26:14 pm »

I'd like to preemptively apologize to myself for still being awake at this hour. I tried.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: August 20, 2020, 05:31:04 am »

I'll be there for you chorus starts
Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: August 20, 2020, 03:08:04 pm »

Would've been a lot cooler 10 million years ago. None of this grass bullshit.

It's 80°f throughout our facility, hotter here in the kitchen. These are the end times

That's not normal? I can't remember a time in the last 3 months when the temperature inside was lower than that.
No, this is a skilled nursing facility, supposed to keep it below 75. And it sucks ass washing all those dishes when you're drenched in sweat

This goddamn vending machine charged me for three cans but only dispensed two. Pepsi co is getting rocks for Christmas this year.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 05:11:05 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: August 20, 2020, 10:21:40 pm »

Step 1: go to bed at a reasonable hour.   
Step 2: lie awake for an hour or more agonising over all manner of past failures and wishing pointlessly that you could change them.   
Step 3: sleep fitfully for a few hours (remember to forget any dreams that might be worth remembering).   
Step 4: wake up hours before your alarm and pick up where you left off with the whole self loathing & painful memories extravaganza.   
Step 5: get hungry and give up entirely on getting back to sleep.   
Step 6: ???   
Step 7: PROFIT! I don't fucking know, have a shitty day I guess. Fuck.   

Also somebody left a door open when they went out this morning and I emerged from my room to find the puppy on the verandah, standing beside a litter tray amidst a horrible mess with crumbs of kitty litter and probably cat shit decorating her face. Hopefully I interrupted before she could eat any, or at least not enough to make her sick.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: August 20, 2020, 10:44:12 pm »

Thinking again of all the crappy things going on now that are too big to be dealt with by a single nation, how the leaders of nations are not only fucking things up for their citizens, but also the fact that there isn’t a global agreement to deal with COVID, climate change, micro plastics, all manner of things that affect THE ENTIRE PLANET, OF WHICH ALL OF US DEPEND...nation before the rest of humanity, the fact we still even have nations, divisions that only fuel the fires of war...it seems there’s always conflict going on somewhere...that I can’t do anything to stop or mitigate the damage in such conflicts...whether they be civil wars, nation on nation wars, proxy wars, international wars...I feel like various biases are causing problems in thinking similar patterns, the desire for control, and thus, for there to be those under to be controlled,,,that’s what power is, right? An attempt to control? In this case, people...the cycle we seem to be stuck in, the fighting...I find it easier to type this out rather than say this stuff out loud, I don’t know if anyone in person would be willing to listen to me talk about about the things I am constantly thinking about in the background while doing college assignments and listening to lectures, I seem to always be thinking about it, my eyes are beginning to water as I type, I suppose this would go in the sad thread too

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: August 21, 2020, 10:34:41 am »

Oh hey, she didn't get in touch again, for whatever reason. That's what, 3 attempts on my side to get something going now, like, I could text her again but at this point all the wind has been sapped from my sails and I'm seriously considering if it's worth it. We could have a nice date or it could just be a slog because she's clearly not interested and I'm just too thick to properly realize it.

Boy do I hate the muddiness of human interactions at times, it seems to serve no fucking purpose other than making things harder on pretty much everyone, and what's the bloody point of that :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: August 21, 2020, 10:36:27 am »

Agreed. Why can’t people be more clear about things?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: August 21, 2020, 10:38:50 am »

Because many people find it awkward to say "no, I don't want to", and prefer to employ evasive manoeuvres instead of potentially having to shoot someone down directly. (And some people are so bad at that that, if pressed too hard, they'll pretend they DO want to rather than have to say they don't, which is even worse.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: August 21, 2020, 10:46:02 am »

Because many people find it awkward to say "no, I don't want to", and prefer to employ evasive manoeuvres instead of potentially having to shoot someone down directly. (And some people are so bad at that that, if pressed too hard, they'll pretend they DO want to rather than have to say they don't, which is even worse.)
I don’t remember performing such evasion, a few days ago I was asked if I wanted to see fireworks, and I said “no” which the asker was fine with. Had I performed such maneuvers you’re talking about, I would have likely confused the asker or veered into a tangent of a different conversation somehow and not getting around to the question until much later, wasting both of us’s times

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: August 21, 2020, 10:56:16 am »

I don’t remember performing such evasion, a few days ago I was asked if I wanted to see fireworks, and I said “no” which the asker was fine with. Had I performed such maneuvers you’re talking about, I would have likely confused the asker or veered into a tangent of a different conversation somehow and not getting around to the question until much later, wasting both of us’s times
Okay? I wasn't talking about you personally, and the fact that you probably don't have this feeling was honestly evident from the fact that you asked about it in the first place. However, let me clarify that by "evasive manoeuvres" I don't mean dodging the question or changing the subject, I mean "full power to reverse thrusters, delete the messages and pretend I've never met you before, and if asked directly, nod and say yeah we should totally do that some nonspecific future time and then find an excuse to leave".

I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you happen to be autistic? This is a common source of confusion they seem to have, and your diction is distinctly consistent with autistic people I have known. If so, then yes, it's probably something you have never personally felt nor would I expect you to.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: August 21, 2020, 01:15:25 pm »

Yes, I am autistic. It’s ok to ask something like that. I’d imagine if people knew who’s autistic and who’s not, those who aren’t can learn things from those who are, and vice versa, since autistic and non autistic people tend to think differently/have a different line of thought about the same situation/subject. I wish people were more accepting of those who are different.
Different=/=Bad

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: August 21, 2020, 01:48:59 pm »

It’s ok to ask something like that.
I'm glad to hear that, as some people do get offended by that. It's really vexing to me personally because I was brought up to value blunt honesty, which is why I can't help but ask in the first place and basically just have to beg forgiveness while doing so and hope it works out.

Now, unfortunately, the particular human behaviour we're discussing isn't something I can confidently explain, only describe, but hopefully I can give you some idea of why people do it. First of all, one of the things almost everyone ends up being taught in dominant Western culture is that hurting someone's feelings, even by accident, is basically the worst thing ever and makes you a horrible person. So naturally, many (perhaps most) people who live in that milieu experience a deeply visceral fear response, even a phobia, to the idea of having to say to someone's face something like "I don't actually like you and am not interested in further contact". Some people, in turn, have a natural avoidant response to social stresses like that - even imagining going down that road makes them shut down mentally. (It might be surprising, because I'm pretty outspoken most of the time, but this is extremely true of me personally; in fact, I've only just returned here after having a serious avoidant response about a year ago, though for totally different reasons than what I'm describing.) So what tends to happen is, if you send a person like that a message asking to do something that person isn't interested in... he or she picks up the phone, sees the name/number, feels an immediate knot of dread, might not even be able to read the message, and if he or she does, contemplates responding, imagines it being just so awkward, so much work to try to come up with a palliative excuse (because 'I don't want to' could be hurtful), probably puts the phone down, thinking "I'll just... answer later", then sees the notification again a few hours later, gets a feeling of 'ugh, I forgot about this', at some point cancels the notification, then at some point it reaches a point where answering would be even MORE awkward because of putting it off so long, and then suddenly a week has passed and just thinking about it in any way becomes a source of guilt and fear and nausea, and it becomes so much easier to just delete the message and try to forget it ever existed.

Of course that's only how it works for some people. For all I know, it could be something else entirely, like maybe the 'she' of the original post is one of those people who just thinks 'Ugh, it's not even worth my time to tell you you aren't worth my time.' But what I just described is probably the #1 reason people find ignoring something easier than answering.
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 775