Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 840349 times)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9195 on: August 23, 2021, 10:45:38 am »

On the topic, one of my classmates in high school wrote a paper comparing the effects of snus (Swedish variety of snuff, basically bags of raw tobacco) and cigarette bums on plants, which he grew himself as part of the experiment. Iirc the plants growing among the snus grew marginally taller than the control group, while the ones with cigarette bums were less than happy. The conclusion he drew was that the tar in the cigarattes was probably detrimental, and that the tobacco was not, possibly even acting as a nutrient.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9196 on: August 23, 2021, 01:16:42 pm »

Probably not a nutrient, but it's insecticide properties probably means less tinier-than-tiny bugs gnawing at the plant's squishy bits, thus making them grow larger than the control group.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9197 on: August 23, 2021, 04:59:18 pm »

My microwave makes the teeniest, most insignificant chirp to indicate the timer set on it has run down. Microwave mode is unremarkably obnoxious, but if, for example, I'm leveraging its timer alone for something on the stove, all I get is a singular half-assed peep and the sublime terror that I might miss its clarion klaxon and set fire to something.

Not cool, microwave!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9198 on: August 23, 2021, 06:04:13 pm »

I looked up clarion klaxon  and Google gave me car horns that weren’t even called klaxons

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9199 on: August 24, 2021, 04:49:09 am »

On the topic, one of my classmates in high school wrote a paper comparing the effects of snus (Swedish variety of snuff, basically bags of raw tobacco) and cigarette bums on plants, which he grew himself as part of the experiment. Iirc the plants growing among the snus grew marginally taller than the control group, while the ones with cigarette bums were less than happy. The conclusion he drew was that the tar in the cigarattes was probably detrimental, and that the tobacco was not, possibly even acting as a nutrient.

But doesn't he know snus is a health risk and must be banned
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9200 on: August 24, 2021, 06:23:43 am »

I mean, to humans and probably should be, sure. Unprocessed cow shit is pretty good for plants, too, but most places probably got laws somewhere or another saying that you can't legally feed it to people under most circumstances :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9201 on: August 24, 2021, 06:52:21 am »

It would probably make sense to ban the cancer tar-sticks from consumption before the plant-dirt though
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9202 on: August 24, 2021, 09:01:28 am »

Unprocessed cow shit is pretty good for plants, too, but most places probably got laws somewhere or another saying that you can't legally feed it to people under most circumstances :P

But it's NATURAL and ORGANIC and it's MY RIGHT to refuse the lies of Big Pharma and stick to natural remedies!

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9203 on: August 24, 2021, 11:59:29 am »

Unprocessed cow shit is pretty good for plants, too, but most places probably got laws somewhere or another saying that you can't legally feed it to people under most circumstances :P

But it's NATURAL and ORGANIC and it's MY RIGHT to refuse the lies of Big Pharma and stick to natural remedies!

Cow patties could have saved you from those hydrogen peroxide burns, just saying...  ;D

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9204 on: August 24, 2021, 04:23:58 pm »

Walked fifteen miles today, probably, and after I made it to my mailbox a second time to check my mail, it turns out I didn't get anything, that they didn't receive anything.

It's supposed to take two business days max.  The mail was mailed Friday before delivery, and today is Tuesday, after delivery.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9205 on: August 24, 2021, 04:36:31 pm »

How far is it to your mailbox bruh o-o
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9206 on: August 24, 2021, 11:49:19 pm »

7.5 miles from the house, apparently.

One house I lived at the driveway was 1/4 mile long and a bitch to navigate in the winter. That's more than enough.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9207 on: August 25, 2021, 03:27:21 am »

One house I lived at the driveway was 1/4 mile long and a bitch to navigate in the winter. That's more than enough.
why is your mailbox so far away? Also what? A quarter of a mile big house? That’s huge! Is that referring to the house and yard or just the house itself? Because if the house itself is 1/4 of a mile that’s ludicrously big

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9208 on: August 25, 2021, 03:43:35 am »

why is your mailbox so far away? Also what? A quarter of a mile big house? That’s huge! Is that referring to the house and yard or just the house itself? Because if the house itself is 1/4 of a mile that’s ludicrously big
He's probably talking about the length of the driveway not the house.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9209 on: August 25, 2021, 10:45:03 am »

How far is it to your mailbox bruh o-o

It's approximately 3 miles distant, so four trips equals about 12 miles, which is really fifteen when you take into account that I'm taking the shady detour.
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 775