Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 774

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 837073 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9225 on: August 31, 2021, 07:24:08 pm »

Yep. I can probably find a bunch, but I made a lot of them myself.

Gonna miss you, custom-made exasperated alfred pennyworth.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9226 on: August 31, 2021, 10:33:35 pm »

Guys, guys, get Google Drive and back things up there regularly. It's free. 15 GB of storage per account.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9227 on: September 01, 2021, 03:30:03 am »

The HD is what bricked it. Unrecoverable.
I had a HDD brick awhile back and I was able to recover my stuff using the SATA to USB cable to connect it to a different computer and started defraging the crap out of it, also used one of those recovery discs to repair the thing and rebuild the boot sector, and after all that crap I managed to get it going long enough to save my stuff, so there might be hope for your stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9228 on: September 02, 2021, 02:03:54 am »

Guys, guys, get Google Drive and back things up there regularly. It's free. 15 GB of storage per account.

...were you a secret bot all along?

Really the name should have been a giveaway

edit: bot, not not
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 09:25:36 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9229 on: September 02, 2021, 07:46:52 am »

Mega.nz is like...50GB or something and also free. Highly recommend.

Dunamisdeos, at least you still have the llama react.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9230 on: September 04, 2021, 06:32:21 am »

In just two days time, I will no longer be the answer to life, the universe and everything.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9231 on: September 04, 2021, 07:23:41 am »

Only if you let yourself be. If you want to tell everyone you're the answer to the universal question, don't let silly things like physical reality or the passing of time stop you.

... alternatively, look on the bright side: Only a couple more decades before you're the nicest age (and probably too decrepit for it to be anything but an idle joke, ho ho ho)!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9232 on: September 05, 2021, 07:28:24 pm »

You'd be surprised how much sexual harassment the nursing staff in assisted living and nursing facilities have to endure. Gramps a horn bastard and no longer cares about concepts like boundaries and acceptable adult behavior. The dementia doesn't help I'm sure.

Anyway, I have almost no internet connection this weekend because all the partiers by the lake are sucking up all the bandwidth. Labor day is the worst when you live where the tourists show up.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9233 on: September 05, 2021, 07:34:17 pm »

Oh, not surprised at all about the poor behavior on that front. One I have to deal with at least limits themselves with insisting they have multiple wives and claiming every child they see is their own.

It's just the popsicle probably no longer pops (without potentially fatal pharmaceutical assistance, anyway), so to speak.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9234 on: September 06, 2021, 03:24:07 pm »

You'd be surprised how much sexual harassment the nursing staff in assisted living and nursing facilities have to endure. Gramps a horn bastard and no longer cares about concepts like boundaries and acceptable adult behavior. The dementia doesn't help I'm sure.

My wife is a nurse who had a resident like that, an old guy with that mentality. Never really took it as far as harassment though. Was seen as the facility prankster.

He did go streaking in the hallways once. Kept his socks on and slipped on his ass right in front of the main nurses' station. When they came running to check on him he was naturally laughing, but also apologized and said he definitely deserved it. There was another guy who DID take it too far and started getting nasty, and one of the other residents gave him a black eye over it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9235 on: September 06, 2021, 06:01:15 pm »

Hah, as long as it was another resident that hit him the facility won't necessarily get sued. Probably have to send the other resident to a different facility or ward, though!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9236 on: September 06, 2021, 10:21:38 pm »

Had dental work done the other day and my jaw was numbed. Discovered it's possible to feel itchy in an area that's numb, and scratching does absolutely nothing to relieve it. >:(
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9237 on: September 08, 2021, 01:15:26 pm »

Bleh, I need a hug. I had to re-up my medication because at 50mg the black dog of depression amid a collapsed healthcare system was too much to handle. And I missed morning class. I'm trying not to beat myself up too much for that but I'm having a hard time.

Here are some happy things:
- Fed chimkins a snack out of my hand this morning.
- Cat came multiple times for a little snüz on my lap. Now he and his brother cat are snüzzing together.
- Figured out how to handle my tithing behemoth -- whenever I lose health in Habitica from not completing necessary tasks, I pay out that amount in USD to one of the orgs/go-fund-mes that I have bookmarked [until tithing is over for the year]. It's the only way I've found so far that doesn't result in me giving away either nothing or just, like, hilarious chunks of change to get the giving over with.
- I am going to eat a sandwich for lunch if I can ever make myself leave the house. Which hopefully I will very soon.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 07:03:42 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9238 on: September 08, 2021, 02:01:07 pm »

I'm right there with you, Vector. Missed my morning class because I haven't showered for a couple days and I feel gross and bad being in public but glorious executive dysfunction rears its ugly head again.

So instead I'm working on project-assignments while I wait for my next class via zoom. Sucks cuz I like my morning course. It's geology.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9239 on: September 08, 2021, 04:10:11 pm »

Ah, hang in there, Vec! Those are some good happy things and I'm glad you're taking steps to secure your mental health.

Staying on top of everything all the time is tough. Having second options for when you slip a little like that sounds very measured. Nothing rocks about missing geology, though.
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 774