Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819868 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9240 on: September 08, 2021, 04:35:08 pm »

where'd my curiosity go?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9241 on: September 08, 2021, 05:24:45 pm »

but glorious executive dysfunction rears its ugly head again.

I read this as a different e-word.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9242 on: September 09, 2021, 04:05:17 am »

Mozilla is dead set on making Firefox unusable for me with their buggy WebRender implementation that I soon won't be able to disable.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: September 10, 2021, 03:12:38 pm »

Why can't I function like a normal person? why
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9244 on: September 10, 2021, 03:23:30 pm »

In your own head too much?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9245 on: September 10, 2021, 03:37:32 pm »

But we appreciate your particular non-averageness!

I'm mildly upset (well just annoyed really) because I just cleaned my dryer exhaust vent and am choking on dust, but the dryer still says "check vent."  >:(

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9246 on: September 10, 2021, 03:42:52 pm »

Keep digging, you'll find the dead possum sooner or later.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: September 10, 2021, 05:59:58 pm »

Battletech game I tried to arrange for a few weeks fell through, other guy got sick.

I just wanted to see the tanks I poorly meticulously painted get blown up over the first two or so turns of engagement.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9248 on: September 10, 2021, 07:35:11 pm »

Keep digging, you'll find the dead possum sooner or later.

Mice would be more likely; I've caught 5 :o in the past two weeks.

I cleaned (with one of the drill-powered spin brushes and a shop vac) the entire length of ducting, but I didn't actually vacuum out the internals of the dryer itself. Will have to tackle that tomorrow.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9249 on: September 10, 2021, 07:39:09 pm »

My poor/jerk cat.

Pretty clear he'd had some sort of bladder or urinary tract issue since Sunday, making over 20 trips to the litterbox a day. Got him to the vet Thursday and they had to keep him overnight to get a urine sample, because he like most cats hates being there and wouldn't pee or eat much.

So they get a urine sample and yadda yadda, probably a bladder infection, here's antibiotics, here's some pain meds, here's the pill gun, not my first sick cat rodeo.

But Frosty is by far the least easy going cat I've ever owned for going to the vet. He hates car rides. I think his carrier is too small for his chonkness, but besides that the motion of the car freaks him out, the sounds freak him out. He hates it and he yowls or angry meows the whole ride to and from the vet. He hates, I hate it.

Well this time he one upped himself. He unloaded probably a day's worth of piss on to himself, his carrier and my car seat within a few minutes of getting in my car. Relief, maybe? Was the car ride a bridge too far after ~40 hours staying at the vet? Who knows, they're cats!

So then I had to get him home and wash him before he rubbed all that stuff into my bed and couch and carpet fabrics. At my old apartment I used to have solid, sliding shower doors. And while he was not cooperative the two times I washed him there, I could at least keep him contained. Not this place. Not this time. I had to pin him to the floor of the shower by his neck and shoulders to scrub him and he was not cooperating at all, and making awful noises. It was traumatic enough for both of us that I don't think I used enough shampoo or did a thorough enough job scrubbing him. Kinda hard to do one handed. So he kinda vaguely still smells of piss.

At least he seems relieved to be home and feeling better (which might just be the painkillers doing their job) and not trying to use the litterbox 20+ times a day. I love you buddy, but goddamn you are a pain in the ass sometimes.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 07:43:44 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9250 on: September 10, 2021, 07:43:45 pm »

Mozilla is dead set on making Firefox unusable for me with their buggy WebRender implementation that I soon won't be able to disable.

Yeah, the main forks kind of ended with Chromium, but Waterfox and Palemoon are still going.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9251 on: September 10, 2021, 07:50:08 pm »

In your own head too much?

Sort of. I'm having a very complicated week with a lot of difficult new experiences and one this morning knocked me flat. I needed to take a step back and drink an overpriced coffee milkshake to console myself LOL.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9252 on: September 10, 2021, 11:08:08 pm »

Fancy coffee is both inexpensive and gratifying therapy, for sure. Too bad we can't get it covered under preventative care, eh?

There's a Chumbawumba: Tubthumper song that springs to mind for your week!

I wonder if my friends are still carpet-bombing a friend of mine with CD copies of that album...

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9253 on: September 16, 2021, 09:00:28 am »

My work is normally completely unrelated to this, but I needed to review a dossier today on something that apparently also has uses in surgery.

The articles were hardly relevant for the information I needed, but I was still forced to read three articles with descriptions of surgery on patients that had suffered terrible injuries due to a variety of circumstances (battlefield, being stabbed repeatedly, accidents etc etc. ). Though it was all written down in medical terminology that should have made it more or less abstract, it was very detailed and it did not end well in about 70% of cases. I have a vivid imagination, so it has put me in a "mildly upset" state.   

I am happy I do not have to read stuff like this on a regular basis, and moreso that I'm not a surgeon.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 09:04:07 am by Bralbaard »

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #9254 on: September 16, 2021, 09:18:59 am »

The fact that I've not even been reading this forum is my mild sad today... sorry for abandoning you guys... I missed you.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 771