Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 774

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 836404 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9255 on: September 17, 2021, 12:20:01 am »

The fact that I've not even been reading this forum is my mild sad today... sorry for abandoning you guys... I missed you.

So ... does this mean you're back?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #9256 on: September 19, 2021, 08:45:52 am »

The fact that I've not even been reading this forum is my mild sad today... sorry for abandoning you guys... I missed you.

Pretty much.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9257 on: September 20, 2021, 12:01:08 pm »

Pretty much.

Biggest of moods. Missed this place. Felt guilty for leaving which made me stay away even longer which is dumb.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9258 on: September 20, 2021, 03:49:23 pm »

To respond to this sentiment, ye guilty old-timey lurkers- welcome back, you're always welcome back, and we're here to express pleasure at your return, not contempt for your absence. Also, to ye old-timey lurkers- life goes in many ways, and you're not required to return, or participate, and that's fine- if the hour of shared company 'round the campfire is gone by, we'll think fondly of your impact and not sourly of your absence. 'Bout all anyone can ask if that you live well and live kindly, yes?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9259 on: September 23, 2021, 05:03:40 am »

I am simply a troll.
Sure, I usually encourage people to talk about thing they're interested in. And I know when to back off.

These days.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9260 on: September 23, 2021, 05:18:18 am »

In all honesty, I am just a well meaning douche canoe.

I dont mean to be a douche canoe, it just tends to work out that way.  Mostly because I tend to be a bit blunt.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9261 on: September 23, 2021, 05:37:43 am »

Apparently I don't handle detailed descriptions of strokes and heart attacks too well.

We had our first aid refresher course thing yesterday. They went over the various things and described the causes, symptoms and what you can do if you encounter them. I'm not sure which part exactly was it, but once she got to the heart attack and strokes I started to feel extremely light-headed, broke into cold sweat and it took an immense amount of focusing on a random floor tile to not keel over. Passed after about a minute or so and I was literally drenched in cold sweat. Was completely fine afterwards with the fairly more terrible stuff like burns and breaks and whatnot.

I'm guessing my overactive imagination caused a mild panic attack of some sort, thankfully nothing really happened and nobody actually noticed what I was going trough (tho I wouldn't have minded getting checked out by one of the nurses, damn cute she was). Still, kinda shitty to find that about yourself :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9262 on: September 23, 2021, 10:52:53 am »

Yeah, a dude passed out in our first aid certification course at the last high school where I worked (maybe in the "what to do if someone's finger gets amputated" video). I think it's a fairly common occurrence.

(The stereotype is that women are less squeamish about blood than men, but who knows if that bears out in reality)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9263 on: September 23, 2021, 02:15:20 pm »

Yeah, a dude passed out in our first aid certification course at the last high school where I worked (maybe in the "what to do if someone's finger gets amputated" video). I think it's a fairly common occurrence.

(The stereotype is that women are less squeamish about blood than men, but who knows if that bears out in reality)

I mean, it makes sense to me that women would be less squeamish than men, if only because men aren't forced to bleed as a biological function every month.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9264 on: September 23, 2021, 03:33:23 pm »

Blood's weird.  I got minor bleeding lacerations all the time as a kid and it never bothered me much, growing up around brambles does that.  Wasn't rare for me to look down after a hike and see a trail of dry blood down my leg from a cut I hadn't even noticed.  Not to mention nosebleeds and actual injuries.  Whereas some people pass out just from seeing blood at all, right?  That sounds awful.

What fucks me up is... ugh, things going into the skin.  I hate needles, who doesn't, but I can deal with them if I have to.  Fish hooks terrify me.  I haven't even had a... bad interaction with one, I think it's mostly from a graphic but informative first aid manual.
Possibly related I have trypophobia, that overwhelming disgust at the sight of surfaces covered in small holes.  It makes me think of diseased skin, infested with... yeah, not fun.

But blood, woo, blood for the god of blood I guess.

Edit: I hate it so much when a TV show or news thing shows someone getting an injection!  I have to look away and it really disturbs me.  Ugh.
Edit2: Weirdly, piercings don't trigger me?  I guess they feel more like an injury than an injection, if that makes sense.  Injections don't hurt, it's easier for me if it hurts.  I should get my ears pierced sometime.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 03:40:14 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9265 on: September 23, 2021, 03:45:22 pm »

Yeah, that's the funny thing, none of the shit you'd qualify as proper body horror fazed me much, maybe it's knowing folks who've had strokes is what did it? Can't imagine the feeling/knowledge of your bits of your brain going poof is a pleasant one :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9266 on: September 23, 2021, 04:06:26 pm »

Other people's blood bothers me a fair bit, for whatever reason. Not fond of it on TV, on animals, people, meat... much of anything. Photorealistic/real life gore in general is just a sort of "Y'know, I'd just rather not, thanks."

My own blood doesn't have nearly as much effect, though. At one point I was bleeding basically constantly for about six months straight (surgery that was found to be bungled after a few months, necessitating a second surgery and recovery -- don't listen when they say you're good to be sewn back up right after the surgery, folks), and by the time that got wrapped up I think I was pretty much used to it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9267 on: September 23, 2021, 09:40:30 pm »

Meetup.com requires me to post a pic of my ugly mug before it'll actually let me participate in whatever is on there.  I don't have any pics of myself, and I don't feel like bothering just to attend one thing.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9268 on: September 23, 2021, 10:32:19 pm »

Weird.  I wonder if I still have an account there, I have barely used it since college but it was pretty useful back then.  I don't remember uploading my face, sounds like a relatively new thing they might demand if I log back in.
She/they

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9269 on: September 24, 2021, 12:29:10 pm »

My municipality is the florida of my country. I swear folks here are so noticeably dumb it's more than statistically relevant. If you ever wondered what's wrong with me there is your answer.
let
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 774