Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819480 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9315 on: October 12, 2021, 02:23:45 pm »

I run about 12 tabs at work, but rarely more than 3 or 4 at home. Can't imagine how people get away with more than that on something like Chrome.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9316 on: October 12, 2021, 11:01:06 pm »

My rule is: if I can't read the tabs on my hotbar, I've got too many tabs
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9317 on: October 13, 2021, 12:00:35 am »

soooooooooooooo tired X_X and gotta do more homework. whyyyyy
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9318 on: October 13, 2021, 01:48:13 am »

I only ever close out tabs when I'm done with them or no longer care about what's in them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9319 on: October 13, 2021, 02:59:09 pm »

Noticed a dark spot on my back a few weeks ago. I have pretty bad skin in general but this was new and I never remembered seeing it before. I'm also a bit of a sun worshipper.

Went to the Dermatologist and he told me not to worry, but also said it had enough of a shape he felt a biopsy was warranted. I'll know the results in a few weeks.

*sigh* Skin cancer would be the perfect capstone to the last few years.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9320 on: October 13, 2021, 04:38:29 pm »

Putting down our oldest cat today. We've had her since I was eleven. Her health has been steadily declining all year though. I'll miss her.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: October 13, 2021, 04:44:05 pm »

I'm happy you shared a full and comfortable life with her, and she companionship with you. Surely you were both enriched for it.

--

I am mildly upset that I cannot focus well at all today, augh. Least the work day's about done.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: October 15, 2021, 07:32:41 pm »

Employee review is soon-ish.  Basically my boss is going to be like, "could you be less autistic it triggers the customers" except we aren't going to say the quiet part out loud.

Don't know why I really care, as there's no hope of any real raise nor a promotion.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9323 on: October 16, 2021, 05:56:51 pm »

Employee review is soon-ish.  Basically my boss is going to be like, "could you be less autistic it triggers the customers" except we aren't going to say the quiet part out loud.

Don't know why I really care, as there's no hope of any real raise nor a promotion.
Just grin and try not to chew off your own tongue. I every day grow closer to understanding those who quit everything, shave off all their hear and become wandering vagabonds

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: October 16, 2021, 07:46:00 pm »

We (the kitchen staff) got chewed out by a cna because we forgot a tray. It was still on the isolation hall stack, which I told the manager about earlier when they called and said they'd released the patient back to their room, but he never moved the ticket. The assistant manager is the one that got yelled at because she was rightfully confused, and the CNA stormed off. We had to move two other tickets too, and change one diet, all of which I had relayed to the manager earlier, but not the assistant or the other aide, so I got them very confused when I figured out what was wrong and tried to correct it, and then we missed/lost another tray during that (I swear I remember making it and putting it on the cart and so does the assistant manager, but the other CNA swears she can't find it) and it's just generally been a very stressful and confusing 45 minutes.

Sometimes the CNAs treat us like glorified McDonald's employees, and that makes us sad. Because serving fast food is so much fucking easier than this. Or so the guys that have actually worked in fast food assure me.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9325 on: October 17, 2021, 11:30:14 am »

-.-
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 10:54:31 am by Caz »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: October 18, 2021, 09:24:51 am »

Got up to take a leak last night, stood up a touch too fast, what's worse the lightheadedness took a bit to kick in so I was already in the bathroom and over the toilet when it hit me. Didn't figure out what it was at first so I finished up and turned to wash my hands, at which point I promptly collapsed. Managed to snag my lower back on the door handle as well as hurt my neck when I hit the floor, nothing serious but it's freaking annoying :I

This morning, the car wouldn't start, battery dead, so I took my sisters (she leaves for work later so she was able to go with a co-worker), wanted to replace the battery this afternoon after work but it turns out you need a small wrench to unhook the damn thing, I know we have one, somewhere, precisely for this purpose, but my dad is such a hoarder of useless junk and so terrible at keeping any of it organized that I quickly gave up on rummaging for it, so that'll have to be done tomorrow then.

A remarkably shitty Monday so far, and it's barely halfway over, so I'm looking forward to the rest of it :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: October 18, 2021, 12:50:32 pm »

Had a flashback this morning. I really wish my mental health weren't in tatters. I love school. I want to be in school. But instead of getting on my bike and going, I had to take a walk and have a big cry.

Trying to remember that relative to last quarter (turned nothing in) I'm doing amazing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9328 on: October 18, 2021, 05:47:39 pm »

Upward spiral still has bumps in it my dude, keep climbing

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9329 on: October 19, 2021, 06:38:44 am »

An interesting two days; got involved in a ruckus yesterday when some two baby thugs were harassing some skinny beanpole man. They were getting more violent because he wasn't defending himself, but they calmed down when I showed on the scene. What surprises me was that they were happy to be violent in broad daylight and no one but me intervened to help the beanpole man? Fortunately just me being present was enough to convince them to calm down and apologise to the beanpole man. I was lucky that between the two of them, only one was agitating for violence, whilst the other one seemed to just want to grab his friend and go. This helped me defuse the tension very easily.

Today I managed to do some more good by finding a doctor to go treat a lady who had a compound fracture. That was gnarly; never seen bone stick out where they shouldn't before. This is all going in the mild upset thread because... I am pleased that I've instinctively done the right thing, but it's unexpected to be having to make so many snap decisions with grave consequences in so short a week
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 771