Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624 625 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 840395 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9330 on: October 19, 2021, 08:30:46 am »

harassing some skinny beanpole man.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9331 on: October 19, 2021, 08:48:21 am »

Dang. Got beand

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9332 on: October 19, 2021, 09:12:03 am »

bwned

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9333 on: October 19, 2021, 09:42:06 am »

Gran's sick again. Might be a UTI, but won't know for sure until the test results come back.  :(

Plus side is she's not confused, that's always what makes it hardest when she's unwell. As is she's eating fine, walking around ok, and her symptoms seem to have lessened very quickly.

EDIT: Test results are back, she has a UTI and has been prescribed antibiotics.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 10:22:35 am by Grim Portent »
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9334 on: October 19, 2021, 11:35:46 am »

feckin'

goddamn

PCManFM-QT AUGH

This stupid godforsaken file manager/desktop manager/environment/wallpaper manager/nightmare of tangled overreach

the file manager breaks on the left monitor if it is not the main monitor and is also the same resolution as the main monitor

because the wallpaper breaks only on the left monitor because it is not the main monitor and is left and is the same resolution as the right monitor

and then the main monitor breaks because all the desktop icons vanish because pcmanfm-qt wants to put them on the leftmost monitor but pcmanfm-qt still works on that monitor but only on that monitor

Fuck you, pcmanfm-qt, and LXQT, and Lubuntu by proxy. I'm jumping ship and installing Kubuntu or Xubuntu or something with more tenacity than a damp tissue. Environment collapse because of 'left monitor,' jesus christ

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9335 on: October 19, 2021, 06:16:24 pm »

feckin'

goddamn

PCManFM-QT AUGH

Ah yes. The Linux trouble-shooting experience.

(Good luck. I'm on Ubuntu Budgie and it's...fine. Not super my thing, so I'm planning to switch, but my dissatisfactions are exclusively aesthetic at least.)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9336 on: October 19, 2021, 08:03:39 pm »

Ideologically, I love love love linux. I love that it's just *there* to get into and everyone's got neat projects for it and your operating system is beholden to nobody and LAMP is the spine of so many web sites and services. But this FUCKING file manager mang lubuntu should never have left lxde and its filesystem should be more robust than "left monitor, panic." Shit man, I can stream arbitrary audio to my Chromecast by making it an audio sink and that's fuckin' rad despite all the other bitch fits I'd like to throw about pulseaudio (and boy howdy how about apple keyboard input crashing your audio input devices for a bitch fit)! You just can't do that on other operating systems! Wanna boot up a box without a monitor and just run a server out of it? Presto!

But, eh, I've been a software tester for a little over two weeks now, so maybe I'm growing less and less patient of software that should work at face value but crumbles as soon as assessed or as soon as something resembling an edge case rises from the amorphous blob that is the user scenario.

srsly how is "right monitor main monitor left monitorsame resolution as right monitor just happens to be a monitor" an edge case that wasn't tested for, or "the wallpaper is gone" idk

May all of your future version upgrades be painless and not require reinstalls!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 10:54:26 pm by None »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9337 on: October 19, 2021, 08:52:06 pm »

Totally understand - I love the openness and being able to peruse the code of stuff I use on a daily basis (and completely not understand it, but still). Not to mention how clean it all feels. Very rarely does it do something I don't want it to - but when it does...my god. My blood pressure.

I suppose that's the downside - when things are customizable and generally malleable, you feel a level of control that gets shaken by insane bugs like...building everything off the wallpaper image (baffling decision) or Budgie's window resizing issue it now has (dragging a corner send the rest of the window into a jello-like frenzy making it impossible to accurately size windows as you'd like).

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9338 on: October 20, 2021, 12:39:29 am »

In the middle of week three of no (insert legal grey area downer), and my very high stress kitchen job is driving me to pick up old drinking habits. Just last weekend I had to cancel what would have been a very very fun date with a guy from an old job, bc I couldn't have driven the hour across atlanta to go hang out w him after the atrocious shift I worked 😔.

We (the kitchen staff) got chewed out by a cna...

Sorry to hear fam. Food service is a very ____ field, hope you're managing 😬

At my job, Front of house employees or management losing food and shitting on me for it is definitely the cause of ratcheting blood pressure. I'm going to have to have the "yelling doesn't increase productivity, you fucking gunsel" talk mk. v with the management at this new job I'm at. As far as I'm aware getting better communication protocols in place and increasing morale are literally the only way to combat problems like that. Which are both hard when you have management that is used to solving problems by throwing tantrums 😅.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9339 on: October 20, 2021, 04:05:08 pm »

It's getting shittier. Corporate has decided it costs too much to have the place fully staffed, so they're curring our hours. From now on we will only have one cook and one aide on evenings, two aides on days. So even less shit will get done.

Which smells a lot like what happened at the last place I worked, where corporate stepped in and said "You're not profitable enough, cut everyone's hours!" And everyone quit, because of course you're being worked harder but get less pay because you're there for shorter periods/fewer days, so they blamed it on lower level managers (my manager), who quit immediately, so they then blamed the ED and other administration staff and fired everyone. The viscious cycle of bad decisions starts anew.

Should I stay or should I go? Honestly I don't know if I'll survive, because it means this horrid understaffed state we've been in for the last two weeks is going to be permanent. On the one hand, I get three day weekends permanently. On the other, the four days a week I do work I'm working twice as hard because I will now have two jobs to do.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 04:06:45 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9340 on: October 20, 2021, 07:18:52 pm »

I mean, it definitely sounds like a sign to start sending out employment applications elsewhere?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9341 on: October 20, 2021, 08:30:06 pm »

I mean, it definitely sounds like a sign to start sending out employment applications elsewhere?

+1
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9342 on: October 25, 2021, 04:21:48 pm »

The waffledonut sandwich (a donut put between a couple eggos) was only okay. Not bad, but not particularly impressive, either. Alas...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9343 on: October 26, 2021, 02:37:48 am »

The waffledonut sandwich (a donut put between a couple eggos) was only okay. Not bad, but not particularly impressive, either. Alas...

Only the Double Down can truly be great.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9344 on: October 26, 2021, 06:37:54 am »

Keep pushing me, old man!

:P
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624 625 ... 775