Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 841668 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9390 on: October 29, 2021, 04:30:14 am »

It's been a long time coming I guess, but it happened again. Lost all of my fucking tabs. Firefox froze for whatever reason and I killed the process and started it again, instead of my myriad tabs I'm greeted by a blank canvas. Super helpfully too, the fuckers have removed the 'restore previous session' button for some reason, tho I doubt that would've helped much.

Oh well, time to start accruing that shit all over again :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9391 on: October 29, 2021, 04:37:26 am »

What about adding an egg with a chick that was about to hatch into the mix I've heard that's a delicacy in some places.
what do you think balut is? ;)
Thank you I could not remember what that thing was called.

american cheese
That's some nasty stuff there, I wonder how much of it is actually plastic?

It's mostly oil , salt , and water.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9392 on: October 29, 2021, 04:38:48 am »

As is most cooking.
It's been a long time coming I guess, but it happened again. Lost all of my fucking tabs. Firefox froze for whatever reason and I killed the process and started it again, instead of my myriad tabs I'm greeted by a blank canvas. Super helpfully too, the fuckers have removed the 'restore previous session' button for some reason, tho I doubt that would've helped much.

Oh well, time to start accruing that shit all over again :I
That's fucking horrifying.
Having several hundred tabs in 4 windows...

It has happened to me in the past, rarely, and I hardly remember because I was too busy rebuilding.  Godspeed.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9393 on: October 29, 2021, 04:42:12 am »

I dont understand you kids.  I keep track of URLs, not tabs.  I like my browser to **NOT** gobble down several gigabytes of RAM  with hundreds of advert scripts running in the background.

I have at MOST, 7 tabs open at any given time.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9394 on: October 29, 2021, 04:51:43 am »

Firefox will definitely expand to - *checks* Oh right it has several processes nowadays which conveniently obfuscate the memory usage.

It will expand to fill whatever is available, and eventually be a problem as the system starts swapping.  A quick restart fixes everything, but the interface suggests no such thing.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9395 on: October 29, 2021, 05:01:29 am »

Haven't partaken, myself (I'm veg)

I have! Here in Norway of all places, even...

I didn't actually realize that you weren't supposed to eat the bones, so the first few bites were rather crunchy/chewy. Once I learned that this was not the way, I got around to just sucking the skin off the allegedly inedible parts.

It's... Really really soft. As in, slightly disconcertingly so. Texture wasn't a high point for me, but like you say the sauce and seasoning is quite nice.

I ended up eating the most feet at that table, mainly because most everyone else was very Norwegian and got icked out by it, which only encouraged me to eat more.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9396 on: October 29, 2021, 05:22:09 am »

Oh I didn't notice I got a response to that (sorry delphonse) but hey I love vinegar so I'd probably find that tasty
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9397 on: October 29, 2021, 05:28:48 am »

Vinegar is hecking delicious and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Not by itself, obviously.  But it is the best condiment and I will be accepting no questions.
(Just kidding all questions are welcome)

Edit:  Green grass salads are *so good*, but a bit  of vinegar and some hot sauce make them so much better.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 05:30:39 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9398 on: October 29, 2021, 06:07:54 am »

I find hot sauce to go better with lemon or lime than with vinegar.
I can totally appreciate english fish and chips with brown vinegar though. Much better than mayonaise.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9399 on: October 29, 2021, 07:38:12 am »

I dont understand you kids.  I keep track of URLs, not tabs.  I like my browser to **NOT** gobble down several gigabytes of RAM  with hundreds of advert scripts running in the background.

I have at MOST, 7 tabs open at any given time.
I tested it recently. The ram load difference between firefox with no tabs at all and firefox with 386 tabs going was... about 300 megs. Total. ~500 base load to ~800 all tabbed up and ready to go.

Modern browsers don't really give a shit if you got several hundred tabs open. The only time a browser will chew up multiple gigabytes is if something is explicitly fucking up (memory leak due to a html5 game or whatever), or you're trying to run several large videos concurrently or junk along those lines. Just having hundreds of tabs sitting around doesn't really do much anymore.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9400 on: October 29, 2021, 08:35:59 am »

It's mostly oil , salt , and water.

Whoa, what's American foreign policy doing in my sandwich?

--

Worst I get for browser tabs is 10 if I'm doing a complicated project or 20 if I'm lost in the TvTropes sauce. It hurts to see a cultivated archive of reading-ready materials dashed in an instant, so you have my sympathy when your tabs get lost.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9401 on: October 29, 2021, 09:55:52 am »

the fuckers have removed the 'restore previous session' button for some reason, tho I doubt that would've helped much.

I thought that too actually, but they actually just hid it. If you open that drop down menu, you'll see your usual options. One of them is history. If you click history, it will open another drop-down menu and one of the options in it is the old "restore previous session" button.

The initial knee-jerk reaction is of course to be pissed at an unnecessary UI change, but it's not bad once you get used to it. It's a function you won't be using that often so it makes sense to bury it a little. History is also a reasonable location to place it in. It was the first place I checked when I noticed the button was missing.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9402 on: October 29, 2021, 01:23:36 pm »

Every time I speak I need to repeat myself.

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9403 on: October 29, 2021, 01:50:38 pm »

YOU NEED TO SHOUT TO GET YOUR POINT ACROSS
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9404 on: October 29, 2021, 01:54:08 pm »

YOU NEED TO SHOUT TO GET YOUR POINT ACROSS

A) The curse refuses to change, now I must shout three times.

B) WHY ARE YOU SO ANGRY
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 775