Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819545 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9420 on: November 08, 2021, 03:24:46 am »

After a complicated chain of events, I discovered the Deathwatch page of the Archiveteam wiki. It's basically a collection of dying and dead websites.

It feels like I'm walking through the graveyard of the internet...
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9421 on: November 08, 2021, 10:57:26 am »

Oof, I did NOT adjust to the Daylight Savings change last night well at all. Throw in some nightmare/sleep paralysis and baby, you got a stew goin'. I am not a cognitively functional human being today.

Glad I knew at least enough what sleep paralysis is and recognize it pretty quick when it happens, and also that I realized I was dreaming several times as I shunted between sleep and wakefulness.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9422 on: November 08, 2021, 11:00:59 am »

Uhm.. Daylight savings time was not last night, it was last week.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9423 on: November 08, 2021, 11:06:06 am »

I had a thread about this once, we noticed that not everybody changes their clock on the same date.
let

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9424 on: November 08, 2021, 11:42:20 am »

Uhm.. Daylight savings time was not last night, it was last week.

Wish I'd known how to sleep for a week at a time near the start of the pandemic! Whew, what did I miss?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9425 on: November 08, 2021, 11:50:57 am »

Heh, really? Does the US change to daylight savings time one week later than Europe?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9426 on: November 08, 2021, 12:01:45 pm »

Yeah. We ticked over from Saturday into Sunday this last weekend. Sunday's just the first day I had to make any choices related to it.

Clearly I chose... Poorly.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9427 on: November 08, 2021, 12:30:19 pm »

« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 01:45:06 pm by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9428 on: November 08, 2021, 02:08:49 pm »

Yeah, it was yesterday or something. Apparently I'm so divorced from anything except my alarm clock at this point I didn't even notice until I saw a clock that hadn't automatically changed.

Feds need to hurry up and get off their ass and sign the junk that lets the states ignore that horseshit, so we can bury the nuisance and be done with it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9429 on: November 08, 2021, 02:15:18 pm »

Peak first world depression problems.

Everyone in my inbox has a way better email signature than. I legit feel inferior because I am terrible at/do not think of presenting myself better in general. Big logic leap I know, ugh.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9430 on: November 09, 2021, 02:45:50 am »

I for one hate daylight savings as it fucks up my sleep.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9431 on: November 09, 2021, 08:24:52 am »

"Daylight Saving Time" is a great study in marketing. It's really "daylight shifting time."

It's also a great example of a policy that is given across a large geography/population which is not appropriate for even a majority of that area.  It has different and significant effects depending on both latitude and longitude.  This is why nobody can agree on it.

What I really came here for though was the various shortage of certain Christmas gifts. Well more specifically, not a shortage but a shortage at reasonable prices; I'm not paying twice retail for goods that were purchased by scalpers.  I'm trying to understand why this is not prevented by the simple act of refusing to post those items for resale on various websites.

I'd estimate that if even just Amazon and Walmart refused to resell those goods, the scalping would stop because the difficulty in getting sales would be so much higher it would not be as profitable.

On the other side: FOR THE LOVE OF ALL, PLEASE STOP BUYING THINGS (houses, cars, electronics, whatever!) FOR MORE THAN THEIR ORIGINAL ASKING PRICE!  You only have yourselves to blame for high prices, because you keep paying them!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9432 on: November 09, 2021, 09:04:47 am »

- please ignore me I'm tired again.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 09:07:15 am by JoshuaFH »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9433 on: November 09, 2021, 02:13:38 pm »

"Daylight Saving Time" is a great study in marketing. It's really "daylight shifting time."

It's also a great example of a policy that is given across a large geography/population which is not appropriate for even a majority of that area.  It has different and significant effects depending on both latitude and longitude.  This is why nobody can agree on it.
Actually I'm pretty sure something like a supermajority of all relevant populations actually can agree on it: Specifically that they want nothing to do with it and want it to stop being observed and go away forever :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9434 on: November 10, 2021, 06:45:23 am »

My Mom, apropos nothing, decided to come over today and give me Chicken Linguini with stuffing. That's not the mildly upsetting part.

The recipe she used included putting corn and peas mixed in with the linguini. That's also not the mildly upsetting part.

The mildly upsetting part is that just looking at the meal with the added in corn and peas, my brain is just yelling at me to throw it away. Like, I developed a ridiculous bias against vegetables as a child, and even as an adult whose tastes have changed, and I can put the corn and peas into my mouth and taste them and objectively think "This isn't that bad, it's pretty decent actually", I can't help but just look at them and my brain is screaming at me to just immediately put it into the garbage. I'm mildly upset at myself for retaining my immature taste in food all the way up into almost middle age. Perhaps it'd just require more exposure, but I wish I could fully appreciate the added taste and texture the corn and peas give to the meal without wanting to destroy them irrationally. I'd like that with all vegetables.

Except for brussel sprouts, even to this day I think cooked brussel sprouts smell like burning garbage.
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 771