Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 840819 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9450 on: November 12, 2021, 06:23:20 pm »

I'll do you better! Universal time for everybody, we can even make it all 0.0.000 at 00:00:00 for all I care, but twice a year we change the clock, and here is the seller: both times we do what we did recently, two more hours a year! And that way universal time rotates and everybody gets to have the clock coincide with day/night cycle at some point.

edit: I am actually terrified I might have done this joke before?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 06:33:40 pm by dragdeler »
let

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #9451 on: November 13, 2021, 02:13:37 am »

The fact that Twitter tags the symbol "$" as if it was a hashtag, because cryptocurrency. How will I write in borrowed and mangled Bash syntax if people think I'm referring to crypto with such names as "PERSON" or "BOSS" or "HOME"?!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #9452 on: November 19, 2021, 07:14:05 am »

Was in a hurry this morning and put my glasses case into my bag without first confirming the glasses were in there.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9453 on: November 19, 2021, 09:23:40 am »

Hmm pretty sus absence of typos voliol, I'll keep my blurry sights on you.

(i think i need to go to the eye doctor a spot appeared in my vision yesterday, right eye like 3 words right from where I focus, colorful if eyes closed an like 90% blurred if i look, cataract at 30?)
let

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9454 on: November 19, 2021, 09:36:57 am »

Yeah, go get that checked immediately like. I was gonna suspect migraine aura, but that goes away after an hour.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #9455 on: November 19, 2021, 10:05:53 am »

My eyes are decent enough that I can get visual focus in exchange for a headache. Not good for prolonged reading, but it’s a trade I’m willing to make to complain about it on the internet.

That does sound bad, go get that appointment already.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9456 on: November 19, 2021, 11:18:31 am »

Hmm pretty sus absence of typos voliol, I'll keep my blurry sights on you.

(i think i need to go to the eye doctor a spot appeared in my vision yesterday, right eye like 3 words right from where I focus, colorful if eyes closed an like 90% blurred if i look, cataract at 30?)
You didn't look into a laser by any chance?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9457 on: November 19, 2021, 11:37:05 am »

Is the visual anomaly only in one eye, or both?  If one, it could be a CSR* esp. if you are stressed.

If both eyes, it's probably not your eyes but neurological, so definitely get that checked out.  I second that view that even though it sounds somewhat like a migraine aura, those only last on the order of minutes-hours, not days.

Spoiler: CSR (click to show/hide)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9458 on: November 19, 2021, 11:44:04 am »

That, and you would have by now been gnawing at the stumps of your fingerbones to distract yourself from the agonizing headache.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9459 on: November 19, 2021, 11:46:01 am »

Not really, there are powerful LED left and right but I am the second coming of the anti-moth.

Also I'm a bit young for cataract.

And if the pampero especial was contaminated with methanol I still should have consumed enough ethanol alongside to threat it ^^.

Those warnings about eyesight on tabacco... Cant sugar harm eyes too? Anyway I'm shooting everlonger here.

CSR hmm? I did yell and depress more than usual I guess.
let

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9460 on: November 19, 2021, 12:15:45 pm »

Diabetic retinopathy.

This is a common condition for diabetic patients and occurs when diabetes damages blood vessels in the eye. This damage causes symptoms such as blurry vision, “floaters” and black spots in the field of vision, retinal swelling (called macular edema), poor color perception and even blindness.

So basically, yes, excess sugar consumption leading to diabetes or pre-diabetes can totally mess with your eyesight.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9461 on: November 19, 2021, 01:38:19 pm »

Nonono this is not how any of this works, you people are way too objective, and helpful , and nice about this. Where is joking about a punching me a black eye might fix this, or using a suggestion to low key criticise my behaviour like maybe I wash my face too often?! Somebody could at least have tried to peddle me something after a superficial glance at my constitution, bunch'a fully articulated gay space communists  ::).

Will call doctor on monday if it persists until then.

What's weird is if don't move my sight, nor blink, I can actually see the dot erase itself on surfaces where I can easily notice it without the temptation to move the eye. Still I can't exactly fix my eye in place and move everything I need to see just in front of it... I am really intrigued by CSR, not only because that was the suggestion that required the least intervention from my part and brought the least risk of permanent damage.
let

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9462 on: November 19, 2021, 06:15:27 pm »

Got chewed out by a senior coworker today for some work I put forward for review. Granted, the work was put forward as part of a learning exercise, so it's as much to be used as it is to be learned from, but I'm still pretty bitter at myself for it. I keep mentioning to my boss that the other new people tap me in for advice on stuff pretty often, and my confidence has led to me building up a larger pool of work to be reviewed (theirs has been addressed first), so I'm kind of afraid I've just built a tower of shit or left a bunch of stinkers in there and made more work for myself since I feel the need to revisit it all. Really, I should've paid more attention to my work.

Not that there's a clear measure of how much work we have beyond the work we've been writing, since all the other development lines can't figure out what we're supposed to test, re-test, when to test it, or where, as development environments get frozen to un-fuck and then someone decides not to do the thing to unfuck the environment making it impossible to measure the value of any testing done pre-or-post unfuckening. Most of the deliberation about this is above my experience/pay grade, so it's no skin off my back for now, but who knows, things could get crunchy.

I'm also a little bitter that the acceptance criteria we're writing work for tends to be vague or spotty; we have to write null cases for the acceptance criteria to catch weirdness by implementation, but we can't interpret/extrapolate what happens outside the acceptance criteria (which is sometimes the null cases), and the rule is simultaneously "if the acceptance criteria is vague, throw a defect at the development team and let them figure it out" and "don't throw defects at the development teams for things that are not explicitly in the acceptance criteria or they'll stop paying attention to anything you say when they come back and say it's intentional." Granted, there is some intersect where all of the above can be true, but I'm feeling a little chafed that frequently not all of the above aligns and it feels like instructions are conflicting.

It's all pretty ordinary work stuff, really.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9463 on: November 19, 2021, 07:12:57 pm »

I'm beginning to dislike the concept of "acceptance criteria."  The requirement text itself should be the acceptance criteria - if you have to write something else to define it, then the requirement is not up to par.

(My previous job never had the concept - you either satisfied the requirement or you didn't. There was no additional "acceptance criteria" defined.)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9464 on: November 20, 2021, 06:52:27 pm »

You didn't look into a laser by any chance?

I did once. Vision improved greatly.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 775