Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 840129 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9525 on: December 25, 2021, 07:09:39 pm »

I alrrady wrote about how absent evolution is from the public education of my country. Normally, I would laugh at how the overzealous of the faithful of here going around in circles to "disprove evolution". I'd even engage them myself just for the heck of it.

Call me childish all you want. It just never gets old. You just don't know how hard they try. Playing the heathen is fun.

It's almost sad.

Like, the all-familiar voice of mischief in me says "Just hand them a link to some very out-of-context All Tomorrow's or Man After Man image and watch them mentally tumble down a flight of stairs."

I, of course, don't do that. I can think better than to mindscrew innocent people for my amusement. Surprising I know.

But here is the thing. I just can't fathom how someone just goes through their thinking process and doesn't factors that the oranges and tangerines that they eat do not share a common ancestor.

The fact that the tree of life is just there is a beautiful one.

It's sad they hate it.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 07:11:53 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9526 on: December 26, 2021, 01:09:17 pm »

Parent's are out at an annual cousin's party, so the dog, who's gotten used to my mum being around most of the time, has been whining on and off all day and it's giving me a migraine. I've got pain running from my forehead down behind one of my eyes, and I keep clenching my teeth so now my jaw hurts as well.

I also can't find my giant land snail, which has probably just buried itself down at the bottom of it's substrate, but it's getting my anxiety worked up anyway.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9527 on: December 26, 2021, 05:38:30 pm »

Might've upset my folks a bit by ducking out of Christmas at the end of the night instead of overnighting. Had a busy week and I bottomed out on social energy, so I absconded. Now my mom thinks something happened or I wasn't happy with how the holiday went.

Rather wish I didn't get drained like that, and/or that my emotional state isn't so heavily dependent on how everyone else is doing so I don't burn myself out stressing over everyone else's stress.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9528 on: December 26, 2021, 06:25:27 pm »

I really hate "watch this video for instructions on how to do X" instead of just giving me written instructions on how to do X.

Written instructions are printable, can be used offline, much easier to find where you left off instead of trying to search for a timestamp, etc.

Grumble grumble.  >:(

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9529 on: December 26, 2021, 06:41:53 pm »

Eh... I definitely prefer text, but I can forgive video instructions. It can be a lot easier to just show someone how to do something than to figure out how to explain a process in words in a way that can be clearly understood, and I can respect if someone doesn't want to try for whatever reason.

Especially in cases of videos that are how-to or whatever. Generally try not to get frustrated with folks that are trying to help out, even if however they're going about it isn't exactly to my tastes, y'know? That's a principle that extends well beyond how-to instructions, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9530 on: December 30, 2021, 03:07:44 pm »

County building inspector showed up to inspect neighbors new shed (thank God not our POS living-in-a-storage-shed property) and got stuck in the driveway not even ten yards past the first turn. I showed up right behind him, tried to help pull him out, we made it a few yards back down the driveway then I got stuck, twice, trying to pull it out. After an hour we had to give up and he's called the towing company. Decided he was going to finish his inspection while he waited, saw the 16 inches of snow and said fuck it. Our trucks still stuck down there, no way I'd try to pass him and risk getting the two stuck together or something. Can't get my car out either, and had to dump the propane and gas at the bottom of the driveway and I get to tow it up in the sled.

But now it's too late in the day to make it to the farm store to buy hay for the horses. Which means I get to go buy a bunch of small 80lb bails tomorrow and feed them that.

I'm truly sick of living out here. I want to live in a real house. My parents can't handle the property on their own. Just hoping dad will finally agree to sell it and move.

Im fucking cold and wet.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9531 on: January 03, 2022, 04:44:36 am »

I dreamed I chewed on glass, then for resr of the dream I kept having pieces of glass and bleeding wounds in the mouth water didn't really rinse the glass away and spitting it was very ineffective.
let

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #9532 on: January 07, 2022, 06:35:30 pm »

First attempt to enter role-playing game (VtM) game ended rather disastrously. Found a seemingly perfect game on forum, failed to read books and guidelines, then got angry to the point of bizzare at discord mostly and at how the game was unexpectedly packed with people wanting to play because of it partly, then quit.  :-\ Maybe will try to get into other game in two weeks or more. Gotta get a grip. And read the fucking books, for D&D at least.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 06:53:16 pm by MCreeper »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9533 on: January 08, 2022, 04:58:38 am »

Or not play D&D?  :D

I really hate "watch this video for instructions on how to do X" instead of just giving me written instructions on how to do X.

Written instructions are printable, can be used offline, much easier to find where you left off instead of trying to search for a timestamp, etc.

Grumble grumble.  >:(
My pet peeve as well.  For me, it mostly comes down to my reading speed being so much faster and my ability to comprehend what I read is so much better.
Ideally, both would be offered, as many people learn better from watching a video than reading. 
Even hearing the instructions out loud can be all the difference for some people, whereas I need it written.  Different people absorb information differently.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9534 on: January 08, 2022, 12:13:55 pm »

It takes 8 minutes for you to talk about your 3 step plan to turn off motion blur in this game.

I could read it in 30 seconds cmon this is 8 minutes of liquid frustration for me.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #9535 on: January 08, 2022, 02:31:58 pm »

Sure, i decided not to play anything now.  :P
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 02:34:17 pm by MCreeper »

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9536 on: January 10, 2022, 05:53:57 pm »

Spinning my wheels at work today.

Can't complete this process to test something else because this background system is getting rattled like that vending machine that won't drop your gatorade, but can't make a defect for the team since the background system bridges like four teams, developer instruction is to update user stories to instruct users to log in as an administrator to manually set a completion date as a workaround.

I keep piping up about systems that are limping along horribly with no idea where or how they should be fixed and I feel like I'm not contributing anything useful in conversation about it because I'm not sure who's supposed to own the problem.

What's the intended behavior for this one? I don't know any more, since the base user profile can no longer perform basic functions! Permissions just got flushed again.

oops you can 'not delivered' this defect it seems to be working again but oops i'm resubmitting the same defect because it's actually two personas that can't do that thing and it includes my admin person except whoops should this other persona even have access to this thing? The defect might be a real defect about a generalized defect that isn't defective for the reason I thought it was, partially because the test case I wrote for the feature that spawned this defect probably needs revision because the null-case persona I picked shouldn't (maybe) have access to the application stream anyways?

Is your head spinning from that last one? Mine too. x_x

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9537 on: January 10, 2022, 09:36:50 pm »

My 25+ year-old-furnace is on its last legs. I had hoped it would make it to spring, but...

A few weeks ago when we had our first sub -10C day the furnace would run, then shut off, throwing a "locked out due to too many retries" code.  I replaced the flame sensor, and it seemed to work, but then we had the warm December so maybe it wasn't that which actually fixed it.  Today the high never made it past -6C, and the windchill is below -18C.  Same thing again.

I can manage to get it to work if I manually turn the thermostat off then on again. A pain, but it keeps things going...

I suppose I can also replace the filter again to see if that helps, but generally I only have to replace it once a quarter, not once a month...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9538 on: January 11, 2022, 03:29:52 am »

I am getting so frustrated with my gaming group for not being able to move outside of 5e. To start with, only myself and one other has read the DMG or PHb. For seconds they stick to it with such dogmatic zeal despite 5e being good for dungeons and not much else. It's gotten to the point where one of them is trying to use 5e for some intense factional politics with magic perils stolen from 40k, which doesn't work at all because the players keep disappearing important NPCs like some demented CIA agents because level 14 characters are nigh unstoppable by ordinary people. The whole time I'm asking him if he's going to go through all this effort to make a trainwreck why not just use Dark Heresy? He says he'll consider it, but he never reads the rules, and so they continue with 5e. Like trying to use a scalpel to hammer in a nail

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9539 on: January 11, 2022, 07:17:59 am »

The whole time I'm asking him if he's going to go through all this effort to make a trainwreck why not just use Dark Heresy? He says he'll consider it, but he never reads the rules, and so they continue with 5e. Like trying to use a scalpel to hammer in a nail

Aren't the rules of Dark Heresy super simple compared to 5e? IIRC, isn't it just a percentile die game like WFRP, where you can pretty much improvise the rules? Shouldn't be much of an effort to read or just skim through them.
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 775