Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855466 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2220 on: November 30, 2016, 02:52:17 pm »

*pats Yoink*

What happened?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2221 on: November 30, 2016, 10:26:45 pm »

Honestly sometimes with all these relationship troubles I'm actually honestly tempted to break up with my boyfriends just to prove to people that you don't need other people to be happy.

But that might be a douchey thing to say...
You could think about what you're planning more. Like, how are they connected and why you're doing it like that for this "point".  Because yeah, that is pretty much a dumb thing to do to 'prove that "point"'.

When just being sincere is a point in itself in the first place. :P It shows, even if you don't tell it. People can see these things by behavior and communication.
And if there's any doubt in whether people believe the idea--there's ALWAYS one person in common: Yourself. You are the common variable in all these proving times.
Please be specific rather than generalize 'people'; it'll mess up what you're really aiming for.

You don't need to do these things to 'prove' something, especially if this 'something' is an oft misattributed quote out of context about an abstract idea, that you're against anyway.

Get to know people more. You'll discover that being happy and being connected with other people are related. But also that happiness, or the origin of happiness, is also importantly present with the concepts YOU work with.

Though I miss if that's merely speculative posting in public. :v Because my first impression was that you were saying that in such a way to show the absurdity of the idea...until I read the second paragraph and then the meaning changed into "Is Cinder seriously being serious about actually possibly doing that?" rather than "That's one way to show the idea, illustrating an extreme example..."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 10:42:41 pm by Tiruin »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: December 01, 2016, 01:53:53 am »

Wait, did you say boyfriends, plural, Cinder?
Check Cinder's signature.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: December 01, 2016, 02:08:52 am »

I'm just saying that I feel like people ignore it when I say it's important to be able to be independent, because I'm dating people.

But if I wasn't dating people, then I wouldn't really be that sad. Like, I'd be sad if me and Flame and BHK broke up for some reasons, but I wouldn't be sad because I'm alone per se.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: December 01, 2016, 02:27:33 am »

Oh. I never looked up what "OT3" means.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: December 01, 2016, 02:50:55 am »

I'm just saying that I feel like people ignore it when I say it's important to be able to be independent, because I'm dating people.

But if I wasn't dating people, then I wouldn't really be that sad. Like, I'd be sad if me and Flame and BHK broke up for some reasons, but I wouldn't be sad because I'm alone per se.
Did...those people mention that kinda correlation between everything before the comma, and the thing after the comma? :O
Could ask those people about their thoughts there, because it may not be readily known that the 'you're dating people' is even connected to 'you pushing forward the importance for independency'.

Oh. I never looked up what "OT3" means.
OTP = OT3. :P

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: December 01, 2016, 03:10:30 am »

So I just looked up both 'ot3' and 'otp'
I guess this means cyber code cyber cider cyber cinder damn phone auto-worder and flame and bhk are fictional characters. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: December 01, 2016, 04:34:08 am »

Sefton Hill (head of Rocksteady Studios) liked Batman v Superman.

It's both sad and hilarious when you realize that Arkham Knight and Batman v Superman have a good amount of similarities. Particularly the portrayal of Batman as violent psycho and enormous hype machine behind both products.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: December 01, 2016, 09:22:15 am »

*pats Yoink*

What happened?
Just the same old thing, needing to make big (by my standards) life decisions yet having no idea what my best option is.
Or, well. Being pretty sure what I should do, but that's the more difficult option, so my brain keeps sliding back to "maybe you should just do X for now, that'd be a lot easier," but knowing that's probably not a good idea in the long run, and so in general no decisions get made.

Last time I made a similar decision I... well, I've complained about that quite enough in the past few months, but suffice to say I'm hesitant to commit to anything now, lest I somehow find a way to screw up my life even further or miss an opportunity to un-screw it. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: December 01, 2016, 11:31:36 am »

My neck has mostly stopped hurting and I can even sleep in my bed again...... but now my lower back hurts whenever I try to stand up straight.

Why me.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: December 01, 2016, 11:27:03 pm »

You know, you can try to fix it in View Source???  I don't know how it's even possible to futz up a DOCTYPE, but it's literally one HTML tag.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: December 03, 2016, 04:22:04 pm »

Argle bargle death of romanticism.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: December 04, 2016, 12:06:02 am »

Argle bargle death of romanticism.
Whatchu mean?

My Mildsad: I like my home city but I also like the city I'm moving back to in a couple of days.
Kinda wish I could just go back and forth between them freely and easily. Even if I had a license, driving would be arduous and expensive.

Also my hungover brain is being all negative and shitty. Trying to make me less enthusiastic about my plans and convince me things won't work out. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: December 04, 2016, 06:17:39 am »

The death of both the literary style and its real-life application.

Basically, songs used to be about love, now they're about sex type thing. I know there are exceptions, but the romanticism of which I speak would not share a shelf with the other.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: December 04, 2016, 06:22:52 am »

Love songs are just garbage anyways.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 778