Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819664 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3330 on: September 19, 2017, 07:03:13 pm »

Socks and sandals ftw.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: September 19, 2017, 07:52:40 pm »

It started snowing today. Its all melted away now, but this is a dangerous precedant.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: September 19, 2017, 08:24:32 pm »

It started snowing today. Its all melted away now, but this is a dangerous precedant.

Get the snow-sandals out
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: September 19, 2017, 09:59:22 pm »

I wore sandals well into december last year, down to about 5C (admittedly, with socks)
I was gonna have a go at you for wearing socks and sandals, but after some consideration I realised that wearing sandals at all isn't much better.
Seriously, WTF is with all these people actually admitting to wearing sandals? Who does that?! I could probably put my reaction into the WTF thread but I suppose it makes me sad as well. If you wanna be a hippie and free your toes from the oppression of proper shoes, toughen the hell up and go barefoot, damnit! After a while you get thick, waxy callouses on your feet, it's lovely.
Don't half-ass it and wear sandals, thereby flushing the last scraps of your dignity away! Might as well just throw on khakis and a polo shirt as well. :P   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: September 19, 2017, 10:16:50 pm »

...I still go bare feet...

I get yelled at by my wife for running about in 40 degree weather in shorts. I would probably go barefoot if society would let me.

I can feel that. I can't go barefoot all the time, but I would if I could.

Wait a second, I was almost sure I'm the only one who thinks any footwear that doesn't let you stack your toes on top of each other at will should be labeled as a torture instrument.

...Stack yuour toes on top of each other? What?

Well, Canada as officially gone mad. Or maybe Winter is Coming.
Love, scriver~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: September 19, 2017, 11:05:28 pm »

I wore sandals well into december last year, down to about 5C (admittedly, with socks)
I was gonna have a go at you for wearing socks and sandals, but after some consideration I realised that wearing sandals at all isn't much better.
Seriously, WTF is with all these people actually admitting to wearing sandals? Who does that?! I could probably put my reaction into the WTF thread but I suppose it makes me sad as well. If you wanna be a hippie and free your toes from the oppression of proper shoes, toughen the hell up and go barefoot, damnit! After a while you get thick, waxy callouses on your feet, it's lovely.
Don't half-ass it and wear sandals, thereby flushing the last scraps of your dignity away! Might as well just throw on khakis and a polo shirt as well. :P   
Okay, officially screw you and your opinions.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: September 20, 2017, 04:33:57 am »

Barefoot is nice when you don't live in a city with broken glass and other sharp things everywhere
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: September 20, 2017, 04:49:11 am »

Barefoot is nice when you don't live in a city with broken glass and other sharp things everywhere
Yeah, the war against shoes was already lost a century ago. You know the situation's bad when even a crosswalk's paint, which should be one of the softer things on the ground, feels wrong against your feet.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: September 20, 2017, 05:15:48 am »

I get yelled at by my wife for running about in 40 degree weather in shorts. I would probably go barefoot if society would let me.
I'm going to assume that's in Fahrenheit. Because That's outright unbearable in Celsius.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: September 20, 2017, 09:24:19 am »

But... how? What does that mean?c I can't even stack my fingers on top of each other, all I do is just bunch them together a little. The most I can do with my toes is put the big toe on top of the index finger toe. Or are we talking putting one feet on the other feet?
Love, scriver~

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: September 20, 2017, 09:54:31 am »

Have you ever crossed your fingers? That's what he means by stacking fingers on top of each other. For stacking toes, you just do toes instead of fingers.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: September 20, 2017, 10:10:58 am »

Yup, that way I do some sort of reverse pyramid with the middle toe at the bottom. This is the minimum tolerable space for my feet.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: September 20, 2017, 11:08:42 am »

I can't do that. At most I can put my big to on the index toe.

Go away creepy toe mutants!
Love, scriver~

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: September 20, 2017, 12:30:09 pm »

But... how? What does that mean? I can't even stack my fingers on top of each other, all I do is just bunch them together a little.

I'm sorry but reading this all I can imagine is scriver slowly looking down at his fingers and crossing the index and middle finger with dawning amazement spreading over his face.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: September 20, 2017, 12:32:57 pm »

Maybe he just has the least flexible fingers ever.
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 771