Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855471 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3675 on: March 03, 2018, 02:17:46 pm »

Its streppe throat and im super contagious yay!

I probably got everybody sick yesterday despite all the hand sanitizer and coughing into towels
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: March 03, 2018, 04:36:53 pm »

Encountered a shiny Chancey in Pokemon Ultra Moon. Accidentally one-hit KO'd it because I used the wrong move.
(The proper move wasn't even on my active Pokemon, but that didn't stop my brain's autopilot.)
I remember the only shiny pokemon I ever encountered was an Eevee in SoulSilver. It was in the Battle Castle so I couldn't catch it. Good times.

My sincerest condolences for your Chansey.

I caught a shiny magikarp and a shiny seaking, way back when.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: March 03, 2018, 04:41:34 pm »

Shiny Magikarps are a bum deal, especially since so all the games in the Johto region have a guaranteed shiny Gyarados
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: March 03, 2018, 06:23:31 pm »

Its streppe throat and im super contagious yay!

I probably got everybody sick yesterday despite all the hand sanitizer and coughing into towels
Probably means you are the first one to no longer be sick and get handed the backlog of work from sick colleagues.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: March 05, 2018, 04:53:15 pm »

Yesterday I managed to make it through the day at work with just a can of energy drink to wake me up on the way there and a single cup of coffee in the afternoon, whereas I often have another can later on and pretty much always drink several coffees throughout the course of the day.

I was mildly proud of myself pulling that off, and pleased to think that I wouldn't have to buy a morning energy drink today (I bought two before work yesterday), but now this morning I realised I left the other one in the fridge at work yesterday.
I didn't have time to buy another before work today, either. Guess I have to go in dry... and drink some liquid stimulants asap on my morning break.

I really like drinking some Monster on my way too work, though. Makes me feel so much more ready to face the day. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: March 05, 2018, 04:58:49 pm »

I reduced my energy drink intake to two per day. Still too much, that stuff is pure poison (well, mostly it's sugar content is).
I tried the sugarfree versions but man those are gross.
Coffee is better. Needs way less sugar to achieve the same sweetness.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: March 05, 2018, 05:00:17 pm »

And then there's just me, who doesn't drink coffee or energy drinks, hasn't slept in three years gets up way earlier then I probably should, and is fine

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: March 05, 2018, 07:30:28 pm »

I never once considered that I might have a chocolate addiction until today, when I decided to try living a full day with no animal products and subsequently realized that all the chocolate in my house has milk in it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: March 05, 2018, 08:05:03 pm »

Does milking a cow hurt it, if not I'm not sure why vegans have some problem against it, even more with wool....

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: March 05, 2018, 08:10:30 pm »

Does milking a cow hurt it, if not I'm not sure why vegans have some problem against it, even more with wool....
Mainly because dairy cows are rather often pretty badly mistreated.

I know somebody who won't have any animal products that aren't from his own farm.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: March 05, 2018, 08:15:05 pm »

Ninja'd by Japa; I don't think that drinking milk is inherently unethical. Rather, I think that the conditions in which the cows are raised are utterly disgusting--usually, they cull male calves, separate the females from the mothers at birth, hook the mothers up to terrifying machines in factory farms, and artificially impregnate the mothers for several years to keep them producing milk before slaughtering them once fertility declines.

Same deal with eggs. I don't think it's inherently wrong to eat them (though the idea of eating what is effectively an aborted bird fetus grosses me out,) but the conditions in which the chickens are raised--which are relatively similar, culling roosters and slaughtering older hens, keeping them in cramped cages or ridiculously crowded pens--are revolting.

I don't think wool is bad, either, as long as the animals are kept in good conditions. Keeping sheep and shearing them for wool is actually a great example of what I see as an ethical animal-human relationship, being very symbiotic compared to animals raised for slaughter.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: March 05, 2018, 08:18:31 pm »

(though the idea of eating what is effectively an aborted bird fetus grosses me out,)

Your breakfast eggs are unfertilized.  Its more equivalent to the bird having a period rather than an abortion.

Not that its any less gross, but still.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: March 05, 2018, 08:20:18 pm »

(though the idea of eating what is effectively an aborted bird fetus grosses me out,)

You should totally research the Filipino delicacy known as balut  :P
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: March 05, 2018, 08:22:51 pm »

Lot's of birds will eat there own eggs as well so there's that.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: March 05, 2018, 08:24:32 pm »

Your breakfast eggs are unfertilized.  Its more equivalent to the bird having a period rather than an abortion.

Not that its any less gross, but still.
Ah, fair enough. Kind of hard to draw a straight comparison, since bird eggs are pretty different from egg cells.

Honestly, I've only ever been able to stand them in cakes and such--something about the smell and taste of straight-up eggs has always turned me off.

You should totally research the Filipino delicacy known as balut  :P
oh dear
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 778