Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 841462 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3855 on: April 27, 2018, 08:05:06 pm »

Listening isn't so hard, but it's vastly underappreciated as a skill.
I guess psych major learn it - oh wait, it's a practical skill, that's only for 2-year degrees.  Dumb.

It's like the old Dilbert strip about Elbonia:  "Writing is easy.  Someday we hope to read."
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: April 27, 2018, 09:01:04 pm »

That's odd. I believe 7 ultimate has a ridiculous upper limit on RAM, like around 200Gb or some such.

Perhaps a conflict with the existing RAM?
Windows and CPU-Z both register it as being there, just Windows not wanting to use it. I'll attempt to reinstall it just in case I am dumb.

Edit: Was very slightly off. Working like a charm now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I can't locate the difference between this image and the first one. Where should I be looking?
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: April 27, 2018, 09:02:23 pm »

Not all of the installed memory was listed as "usable", before.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: April 27, 2018, 09:10:49 pm »

Oh. Yeah, I see it now. Damn.

It was right where I looked too.
Love, scriver~

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: April 27, 2018, 09:59:45 pm »

I know a guy who came back from an enforced hunger exercise in the military. For his first meal back at base, he went for a slice of bread with cheese on it.

Made it about halfway through the slice before his stomach balked at having food in it again and he had to run out of the mess to puke.

Alternatively, haleem is a traditional end-of-fast dish. I mean, sure, it takes 7-8 hours of cooking with intermittent stirring, but that just adds to your fasting high score!

Do you get 3 characters to sign your name with if you get a high score in fasting?
Yes, but you'd have to beat one of the ridiculously high scores by "RIP".
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: April 29, 2018, 02:56:17 pm »

Sure is an ordeal getting ready for work when you have to do everything as quietly (and thus, slowly) as possible to avoid waking people up. Also, it's cold. And I could barely sleep, either due to cold or excess energy or a combination of both, and when I did sleep I had vaguely dramatic, un-restful dreams involving medieval scheming and ruthless skullduggery amongst the nobility or something along those lines.
I mean, not complaining about the dreams, y'know, but I feel like I barely slept.

Also it's bloody cold and the realisation that it's going to keep getting colder and I'm going to keep being expected to go to work is hitting me pretty hard... I need to get a real job, or start studying or something. There was something else I wanted to complain about, too... oh yeah! My Rimworld addiction always seems to kick back into high gear at the worst possible moments.
I had so many things I was supposed to do yesterday/last night - head to the supermarket and buy supplies for today's sandwiches, exercise, cook and eat a decent meal... I mean, I did make it to the supermarket and got some stuff including bread for sandwiches, but did said sandwiches end up getting made? No sir! All the other stuff on my progressively-shorter to-do list went by the wayside as well.
So now I have to make my lunch this morning, before work, as well as trying to get some exercise done and have time for breakfast, all without making too much noise since it's fuckingfukken early and I think one of my housemates have family visiting and that makes me somewhat more anxious than usual. Alright I think that about sums it up-- why am I even typing this when I should be getting my arse into gear? Good question, it is annoyingly cold and I am procrastinating. Sad days.   
Life feels like a job but I make negative money from it.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: May 01, 2018, 05:27:56 am »

I got an appointment with my old therapist.

I'm not at all happy about it.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: May 01, 2018, 10:38:39 am »

Some idiot locked a door that has a note glued to it saying to never lock it. Because of this, I'm missing a D&D session and can't even get to work tomorrow before the person with the key to that door arrives.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: May 01, 2018, 12:38:41 pm »

Caffeine is a stimulant that stimulates smooth muscle. (smooth muscle includes the kind in your GI tract that moves food and waste along.)

Chronic use of caffeine will cause the body to down-regulate these muscle's responses. Sudden cessation will then result in.. constipation... until the body re-adjusts.

Compare with opioid induced constipation. (normal bowel, with depressed smooth muscle stimulation from opioid pain relievers.)
Caffeine can also impact the ratios of bacteria in your intestinal flora, as it is also a metabolic stimulant. (not just for you, but for them as well.)

Caffeine in moderation is OK, and possibly even healthy. Excessive, chronic use is not.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 12:41:03 pm by wierd »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: May 01, 2018, 12:53:59 pm »

I FORGOT THE BUTTER FOR MY LUNCH POTATO AND THE DRINK MACHINE WONT TAKE MY CARD.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: May 01, 2018, 01:57:08 pm »

Got some pretty bad windburn and I just realised I'm all out of ointment. Blergh. Guess I'll have another day at work with my face feeling like sandpaper.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: May 01, 2018, 03:38:25 pm »

I FORGOT THE BUTTER FOR MY LUNCH POTATO AND THE DRINK MACHINE WONT TAKE MY CARD.

Are you...trying to get a bottle of molten butter out of a drinks machine? I'm confused.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: May 01, 2018, 03:41:39 pm »

Are you...trying to get a bottle of molten butter out of a drinks machine? I'm confused.

NO BOTH OF THESE THINGS HAPPENED SEPARATELY. I DON'T HAVE POTATO BUTTER AND I CAN'T GET A DRINK FROM THE DRINK MACHINE. WHY EVEN EAT.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: May 01, 2018, 04:13:18 pm »

Insert the potato into the drink machine to receive butter
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: May 01, 2018, 04:33:29 pm »

#lifehax
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 775