Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819418 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5265 on: February 03, 2019, 09:28:56 am »

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: February 03, 2019, 09:29:32 am »

Join the club Drags.  I get that kind of feel here a lot too.  But-- I remind myself--- at least it is possible to even broach such a subject and have people understand WTF you even mean when you broach it.

It is hard sometimes to appreciate, but I have come to acquire the taste:  Hostile conversation is better than dull conversation.

Stick with it.  "I disagree, therefor wrong!" is not, factually correct.  Just keep that in mind, along with "I suggest the hard answer instead of the easy one, because I find the suffering caused by the avoidance of the underlying problem too great to ignore, and that does not make me a heinous monster, no matter how lampooned into that position some may assert."   Keeping both, you can have the resolve to be a genuinely good willed "asshole" too. :P

As for my own WTF...  This is DAY FUCKING FIVE of whatever respiratory fuck-you virus i have contracted from work.  Everything even mildly salty tastes like it has been soaked in the most bitter chemical cocktail immaginable, and likewise, I have had to go to the ER once already to get a steroid dose pack to even be able to fucking breathe, my immune response as been so off the fucking top in terms of how clamped-down-and-clogged-up and full of neutrocytes my lungs and sinuses have been.   Like yeah, Seriously impaired respiratory function territory.  With how bad it was, I suspected influenza A, but no-- swab culture returned negative at ER. 

Now more than halfway through the steroid dose pack, the stepped down dose has me teetering between "Can barely breathe a little" and "wolf at fucking door" respiratory hyper-reaction I have been experiencing, and I am worried.

I have locked myself in the bathroom with an electric IR space heater cranked up to "Start a fucking fire!" with the door shut to simulate a dry sauna, to artificially raise my body temperature because I have not been running a fever, and I am thinking that changing the status quo on viral load statistics by shifting protein production rates for the virus to propagate (which is exactly what a fever does) is exactly what I need to do to make my body not go fucking apeshit when the pills wear off, and clamp my damn airways off while I suck on the next damn dose of steroid pills like some damn meth junky looking for a fix.

Did you guys know I fucking hate it when those asshats I work with bring their damned kids to work, and keep them there all fucking day long?  This shit is exactly why. 

"Oh, it isn't like my adorable angel isn't constantly swimming in a cesspool of contagious pathogens when they go to school, and then bringing them here to be with our charming elder population that are all immuno-compromised, and then kicking a horrible disease football back and forth all the time! It's JUST SO HARD to get a sitter these days!"

FUCK YOU.  Breed your respiratory superbugs some other god-damned place.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: February 03, 2019, 10:11:13 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 11:46:14 am by dragdeler »
let

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: February 03, 2019, 10:48:33 am »

It is.  Especially when you "take before bed" as directed, to awake with "AIIIR! I NEED AIR!" because the dose has tapered off, and your congestion has not kept step, and your trachea slams shut.

fucking terrifying.

If you work with the elderly, keep your goddamn kids at home. If you have the sniffles, dont bring them to a compromised resevoir population. Just fucking dont't  It gets passed around like a damn offering plate at a Pentecostal Holy Roller prayer, and becomes a damn weapon of mass constriction that puts people in hospitals.  (Seriously, we've had 3 people had to spend time in ICU on ventilators because of the nasty shit thats been going around.)

BUT... Nope. Still too hard to get a sitter or pay daycare.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 10:52:34 am by wierd »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: February 03, 2019, 11:00:05 am »

Golly gee, I've attempted to have a social life as well as work and now I'mma have to go to work with like, two hours sleep, tops.
This'll be fun.

At least friend interactions have been fun. Anyway I need to go get these scraps of sleep before it gets any later.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: February 05, 2019, 08:51:00 am »

I'm just so uncertain what to do with my future. I'm thinking furthering my education is the only realistic option to get myself into more interesting employment. There's a community college, but just navigating their website fills me with dread. I'm just an almost-thirty schlub that's been doing nothing with himself but working for 6 years now. Where do I pick up? Being hopeful and ambitious seems beyond me, especially since I'm still so uncertain as to everything in my life. I'm so scared of making a mistake, I feel that a error at this juncture will ruin me without doubt.

It's just a quandary that makes me think I should never have been born, as being born only means I'll live, and only to live, and waffle about indecisively for years on end, never really satisfied with anything.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: February 05, 2019, 03:07:36 pm »

Gods, I think I hate this time of year.
Maybe it's just my mood and stress levels. Hopefully. It seems a bit messed up to hate one's own birth month purely because one was born in it.

Seriously considering setting my birthday to private on social media, to forestall all the people lining up to rub salt in the wound...
Booze is Life for Yoink

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: February 05, 2019, 11:27:29 pm »

My town is about to vote on a ban on plastic shopping bags. People are being their spoiled, entitled selves about it. I seem to have forgotten the four rights afforded to every American citizen:

Life
Liberty
Pursuit of happiness
Plastic bags in the Wal-Mart checkout line

Heaven forbid somebody have to get their groceries in a recycled, biodegradable paper bag, or *gasp* a reusable shopping bag. The masses have never been so downtrodden.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: February 06, 2019, 04:19:09 am »

Whatever even happened to paper bags? I seem to recall them being more popular back in the day, with the eternal burning question of "paper or plastic?"

Might just have something to do with my folks doing a considerable amount of shopping at Trader Joe's while I was growing up, but...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: February 06, 2019, 07:05:15 am »

We have both where I work. We're bisacksual.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: February 06, 2019, 07:50:31 am »

A friend of mine likes to carry two bags to school.

He’s bisatchel. /Bob Mortimer

Both my local grocery stores have paper and plastic bags, and both have middling to awful customer service.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: February 06, 2019, 09:44:09 am »

My local supermarkets don't give bags unless you pay for 'em. They're... whores? ???

On a more serious note fuck my sleep schedule and all the stupid worries and obligations that conspire to wreck any attempt at ever improving it.
I got home from work today and just... collapsed onto the bed. Napped the afternoon away, accomplished nothing, feel more tired than ever - you know the drill.
At least I just have a little bit of hassle tomorrow and then it's the weeke- aw, shit, my birthday is on the weekend. Hnng. Well, at least payday is also this weekend so there's one silver lining.

Sorry if this didn't make sense at all. I'm dozing off here.
Also I didn't brush my teeth, let alone floss and all that tonight. My housemates were already in bed before I could muster up the motivation to do any such thing and I tend to be irrationally paranoid about disturbing them.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: February 06, 2019, 12:38:56 pm »

Boo, why is my office have to be so cold all the time.   >:(
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: February 08, 2019, 10:58:55 am »

I seem to have fucked up with eyeballing my pill stash... I'd apparently been keeping around an empty prescription box after taking the last sheet of meds out of it, and I only just realized that today when I needed another dose and reached into the empty box.

Local pharmacist of course doesn't have that medicine on hand, but luckily their supplier does. So I only have to wait until Tuesday before I can restock.

That's just, what... 8 missed doses? Not so bad, really. Dumbass.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: February 08, 2019, 11:04:12 pm »

Had to admit that yet another project is beyond me, in terms of skill, in terms of resources, and in terms of how much time I actually have available to spend on it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 771